Rumor: Logan Stanley requests trade

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Jets are gonna have to auction off those custom sticks...

1677790461058.png

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
My mate from the lake, a former WHL winger and Stanley booster, just weighed in:

If a tree leaves by the deadline, does anyone care?

We'll see, I guess. He def has some nice tools that might carry him in a different setup, where he's played as a largely immobile offensive D, used primarily to make some sweet passes and launch transitions once he's bedded in and not panicking.

He might come to define a new NHL genre: the puck-nonmoving D.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Samberg is so far ahead of him in the depth chart that it makes sense to ship him out. Teams with old school GMs like NYI, Anaheim, Oilers, Canucks, Senators, Flyers are whom I'd target.
Hi, JF815. What are you looking for pick(s) or a roster player?

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
I don't love that he went public with it. Makes it awkward to keep him in the room. I guess that was the point though.

I doubt that he gets anymore ice time with a contender. Maybe a rebuilding team would be a better fit.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't love that he went public with it. Makes it awkward to keep him in the room. I guess that was the point though.

I doubt that he gets anymore ice time with a contender. Maybe a rebuilding team would be a better fit.
Agreed, going public makes it harder for him to go back into the room. But as a fan I'm glad its out so hopefully pushes hard to get something done.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Well, Jets slow cooked him through minors/AHL, been given reasonable amount of chances to grab an NHL spot and he just hasn't been good enough to be a staple on our defense. If he's bitter about not having a playing spot he can only blame his own lack of skill (and I guess maybe injuries). Good luck to him elsewhere if he gets traded. I'm sure some team would play him on their 3rd pairing for a lack of anyone better, but if you want to win hockey games he's ideally not on your playing roster.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Did he go public with it?

When Andy Strickland tweets that he's "hearing" something, I have to wonder where and how he heard it.

Yes, we've all seen thousands of tweets retweeted hundreds of thousands of times which turned out to have no substance to them whatsoever.

Reactions: kellhunter

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Don't disagree, but I reckon that most of the guys in the room understand the stakes for a guy now on the margins.

Reactions: Duke749

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
why are people so offended he asked for a trade? he's 24 and been passed on the depth chart and feels he could get an opportunity else where

Nobody is offended but the reality is he was given plenty of chances to EARN a spot and hasn't done so. He's our 7th or 8th d right now, it's not a big deal. I just think he's delusional. He's not an nhl d.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
At the end of the day, the Winnipeg Jets won the trade with Philadelphia to move up to select him. Logan Stanley was given 6.5 years to develop and this is what he is at the most. A bottom pairing defenseman. The Jets were in need of dmen at the time, a run of dmen started with Chychrun going to Phoenix, Winnipeg joined in, the players taken after him have been busts, Tage Thompson took until 24 year sold to figure things out. It is what it is. Winnipeg hopefully will find some team enamored with his size to overpay and maybe we can recoup something or move him in a deal for a playoff push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad