Rumor: Logan Stanley requests trade

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Stanley was pretty good last night actually. But, I do hope he gets an opportunity to move on. It's a shame how shabbily he's been treated here.

My previous post was tongue in cheek. I do actually like the kid. But really, can anyone say that he hasn't been given a legitimate opportunity to succeed in Winnipeg? This is not some Jason Bonsignore situation where the GM was hissing at him on day one. It's been almost seven years since Stanley was drafted for pete's sake. The Jets org has been very patient and accommodating.

At this point it's probably best for everyone if Stanley moves on to someplace else.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm referring more to his treatment by the fans. I take more of a value based approach to my criticism, such as Wheeler 8.5M, Schmidt at 6 fu---king million dollars!

Stanley does exactly what he's here for.

No argument there.

Had be been picked where he belonged, maybe somewhere in the 2-4 rounds, he cuts a very different figure no doubt.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
My previous post was tongue in cheek. I do actually like the kid. But really, can anyone say that he hasn't been given a legitimate opportunity to succeed in Winnipeg? This is not some Jason Bonsignore situation where the GM was hissing at him on day one. It's been almost seven years since Stanley was drafted for pete's sake. The Jets org has been very patient and accommodating.

At this point it's probably best for everyone if Stanley moves on to someplace else.
He had a decent game last night - probably good enough to support the needs expected from a 6/7/8 dman -
So is that success for a $900K dman or do they all need to be top 4 before they are successful.
The guy missed most of the season due to injury - he's playing OK under the circumstances and based on his pay check, he's depth that we may need.

If he wants out in hopes for a more stable role, let him go -
But I don't get the continues dialogue around all the opportunity and patience the org has provided with the added presumption that he has not succeeded.
He is what he is - depth - and that is how they are paying him and using him.

Brain Little

Curtain jerker, forum lurker
Nov 14, 2019
Parts unknown
He had a decent game last night - probably good enough to support the needs expected from a 6/7/8 dman -
So is that success for a $900K dman or do they all need to be top 4 before they are successful.
The guy missed most of the season due to injury - he's playing OK under the circumstances and based on his pay check, he's depth that we may need.

But I don't get the continues dialogue around all the opportunity and patience the org has provided with the added presumption that he has not succeeded.
He is what he is - depth - and that is how they are paying him and using him..
...and scored more goals than Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers, and Connor combined.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020

He is what he is - depth - and that is how they are paying him and using him.

The Jets seem content with who and what Stanley is. I agree that he's a decent player for the money. But he's the one who thinks he is being held back, or at least that's the implication of his request.

Lady Stanley

May 26, 2021
Man. Big Stan scores a goal and injures Kaprizov by sitting on him. THE CRITICS HAVE BEEN SILENCED!
That crippling of Kaprizov is exactly why like I said, he could be the difference between winning and losing a round. I don't approve of his methods, but if this was the start of a 7 game series against the wilds which could easily happen, he could be the difference maker.
I think it's too early to tell, until they're in the 2nd week of the playoffs. He has components that could be critical in later rounds, when everyone is too banged up to fly straight.
I'm not saying I called it, but it's an obvious conclusion.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The Jets seem content with who and what Stanley is. I agree that he's a decent player for the money. But he's the one who thinks he is being held back, or at least that's the implication of his request.
I think he just wants to play - can't blame him for wanting a full time spot and we can't blame him for the org backlog of LHD's

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaJet

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think he just wants to play - can't blame him for wanting a full time spot and we can blame him for the org backlog of LHD's

Agree. That backlog has been years coming, and little has been done to address it -- except adding another LHD, while letting an RHD slide onto waivers and into a regular NHL gig with the Habs.

Hopefully we see some action this offseason with Chisholm joining the ranks of the waiver-eligible and Heinola soon after, but who knows? Chevy has real strengths but he has long been a reactive rather than proactive GM in some key respects and it sure shows in his asset management recently.

#FreeStan!
#FreeVille!
#FreeLeon!
#FreeDeclan!
#FreeEmAll!

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
say what you say about Stanley . He scores big goals for us .

2 in the Montreal series and a huge goal last night .

I love that he is rough as well. We need that .

Samburg is just there . Doesn’t stand out : doesn’t hit like collage . Just meh

At least Stanley does things to stand out every once and a while ( some bad )

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Lady Stanley

May 26, 2021

I feel like he's just hit a breaking point. He's in the twilight years of his career at this point he has nothing to lose. In the past it seemed like everyone himself included were just trying to keep him from screwing up.

It feels like he's just gone into another mindset. At least that's what I gather from the bit of last nights game I actually watched. He really has nothing to lose at this point. If he falls back out of the line up he'll be selling used cars in 2-3 years.

He got a goal and took out a division rivals star player. He shut a guy down for the equivalent of at least a round and he didn't even go in the box. That's a million dollar move for better or worst. He's horrible as the big man demelo type, maybe him turning into a rat is how he makes his money, have seen less shocking things in life.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel like he's just hit a breaking point. He's in the twilight years of his career at this point he has nothing to lose. In the past it seemed like everyone himself included were just trying to keep him from screwing up.

It feels like he's just gone into another mindset. At least that's what I gather from the bit of last nights game I actually watched. He really has nothing to lose at this point. If he falls back out of the line up he'll be selling used cars in 2-3 years.

He got a goal and took out a division rivals star player. He shut a guy down for the equivalent of at least a round and he didn't even go in the box. That's a million dollar move for better or worst. He's horrible as the big man demelo type, maybe him turning into a rat is how he makes his money, have seen less shocking things in life.
Having stanley as a giant rat would benifit this team tremendously.

A rat needs heart and soul, he stands up for teammates and holds them all accountable when he sticks up for them and starts shit with the other team.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

brah seriously? 2 games out of his 118 we can point too? how about all the chaotic and terrible defensive plays? or other offensive posessions he has killed.
we lost the MTL series 4-0
yesterday was 1 game out of 82 where we lost again.

they were non consequential.

Reactions: Huffer

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
brah seriously? 2 games out of his 118 we can point too? how about all the chaotic and terrible defensive plays? or other offensive posessions he has killed.
we lost the MTL series 4-0
yesterday was 1 game out of 82 where we lost again.

they were non consequential.
Just Becusee the rest of the team shit the bed after his big goals doesn’t mean they didn’t matter .

What’s samburg done ?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Just Becusee the rest of the team shit the bed after his big goals doesn’t mean they didn’t matter .

What’s samburg done ?

other than than being far better defensively and a pillar on our much improved PK?
oh and he scored 2 goals this year as well.

Reactions: Huffer

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
other than than being far better defensively and a pillar on our much improved PK?
oh and he scored 2 goals this year as well.

The less you notice a defensemen in his own zone, the better he’s likely doing. I don’t discredit that Stanley can bring some offense. But his defense has a long way to go. I still think there’s some potential there but also acknowledge that it’s probably time to move on.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

What’s samburg done ?
Nothing. I can’t believe the love for Samburg in these forums. Maybe Chisholm will develop into something, because our scouts and GM have crapped the bed when it comes to drafting d-men during the second half of Jets 2.0 existence.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Nothing. I can’t believe the love for Samburg in these forums. Maybe Chisholm will develop into something, because our scouts and GM have crapped the bed when it comes to drafting d-men during the second half of Jets 2.0 existence.
I agree Samburg is just there , no hits, barely gets pucks to the net ,gets burned just as much

I don’t see why the love is there

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Samberg actually has the best underlying metrics among defensemen on the team. Of course he doesn’t play against the same competition as Morrissey, but he is far, far ahead of Stanley.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Samberg actually has the best underlying metrics among defensemen on the team. Of course he doesn’t play against the same competition as Morrissey, but he is far, far ahead of Stanley.
I can’t comment on the stats but my eye test suggests this too. There is no doubt though that Stanley is noticeable when on the ice.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad