Prospect Info: Logan Stanley - Part III

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That might give him a shot as imo there are already too many offensive first guys that play mediocre to poor defense that will either be gifted a spot (returning player) or the rest of the crop. It will come down to the start of his season and how he does in the Canada - Russian games imo.

A trade to Kitchener, where he'll log PP1 might help.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
USA game:

The Americans upped the pace and I found Stanley's feet weren't able to keep up. He got beat to pucks and was pressured hard when trying to make a pass up the ice leading to an uneven transition game by him.

His major flaw in gap control and skating/pivoting was exploited quite a bit by the US.
Aye. They exploited his lack of foot speed early and often - even along the walls.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Aye. They exploited his lack of foot speed early and often - even along the walls.

Agreed. They also exploited the really soft D zone play and gaps against other Canada D. Not a great showing, overall.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Excellent news for Stanley! This should give him some very good opportunities to step up as a top defenseman for the Rangers.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Excellent news for Stanley! This should give him some very good opportunities to step up as a top defenseman for the Rangers.

He's from Waterloo so he's playing for his hometown team now.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah time to step up. Kitcheners D is pretty weak. Outside of Vallati they don't have much. I think Vallati/Stanley will either be their 1-2 punch on the left side or playing together, with one of them on their off side. Their top 2 D scorers were overagers last season.
Hard to say which team would have been better for him.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Kitchener was really young last year and most of there top end guys are 99s/00s. They also have Pittsburgh Prospect Connor Hall on defense. They will be a middle of the pack team and they brought in Stanley for leadership and stability on the backend plus he is probably one of the tougher guys in the OHL as well which will help that young group

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hmmmm .... I've lived in the Kitchener area for nine years now, but have never seen a Rangers game. I might have to actually go see the occasional game now ...

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
From what I heard, Windsor's price is higher than Kitchener wants to pay.

I believe it may end up just being picks.

What was the O.H.L. trade return in the Kingston / Windsor (Stanley) trade?

edit.... if he comes back to Junior (plays 1 game this year)...... and does not make the Jets this year (LOL). The return is

-2nd round and 3rd round pick in 2023
-2nd round pick 2024
- 4 th round pick 2020

Last edited:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
3rd pairing guy seems to be the general opinion at this point. Still hoping he could become a 2nd pairing guy who plays with an offensive Dman (draft Ryan Merkley, thx) but 3rd pairing/#7-8 Dman seems more likely for sure

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The parallels to Boris Valabik are striking.

Sure, if you choose to ignore the fact that Stanley's point production was more than 5x as much as Valabik's in his draft+1 season. :laugh:

Points/game, Draft+1

Stanley 0.49 (0.34 EV)
Valabik 0.09 (0.07 EV)

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Sure, if you choose to ignore the fact that Stanley's point production was more than 5x as much as Valabik's in his draft+1 season. :laugh:

Points/game, Draft+1

Stanley 0.49 (0.34 EV)
Valabik 0.09 (0.07 EV)

Yeah Stanley isn't quite that bad. Valabik's draft+1 year's 231 PIM in 43 GP was truly a legendary achievement :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Points/game, Draft+1

Stanley 0.49 (0.34 EV)
Valabik 0.09 (0.07 EV)

It will be very interesting to see what type of year Stanley has. Another big jump in production would be very encouraging.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It will be very interesting to see what type of year Stanley has. Another big jump in production would be very encouraging.

I think his numbers will be fine, he's got enough offense to his game, Id rather he focus on improving his footspeed, gap, pivots, turning back to get the puck, etc. (can't rely on his long reach forever) He will get lots of PP time I think so we will see more of his nice shot. I like him as a prospect and still see him making the Jets, and bottom pairing D is fine with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad