Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hopefully the development team (incoming) and the Knights staff can get his IQ up to passable levels with his physical tools. There's a lot of red flags in his decision making defensively and offensively, even that 3 on 3 rush was so smooth and skilled until he made the Drouin pass to nobody at the end.

Hoping its rust vs. IQ. We will see but man is he ever skilled for a big man.

It really does look like an attempt at Sergachev v 2, who's managed to be a pretty good defenseman for Tampa despite the IQ/Decision Making issues.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Hopefully the development team (incoming) and the Knights staff can get his IQ up to passable levels with his physical tools. There's a lot of red flags in his decision making defensively and offensively, even that 3 on 3 rush was so smooth and skilled until he made the Drouin pass to nobody at the end.

It really does look like an attempt at Sergachev v 2, who's managed to be a pretty good defenseman for Tampa despite the IQ/Decision Making issues.

Playing Mailloux with Guhle down the line should take care of the brain farts for the righty.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can't believe how good his wrister/snapshot is. It's an absolute rocket

He already has a NHL shot and it stands to get better as he gets stronger and matures. If this kid's hockey IQ and obsession to improve is above average, we got a good one on our hands.

Skating, size, offensive skill, shot is top notch.

Habs back end appears to be in good shape. Going to take a bit for them to mature but I like how it's shaping out right now.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
He already has a NHL shot and it stands to get better as he gets stronger and matures. If this kid's hockey IQ and obsession to improve is above average, we got a good one on our hands.

Skating, size, offensive skill, shot is top notch.

Habs back end appears to be in good shape. Going to take a bit for them to mature but I like how it's shaping out right now.
His wrister from the blue line looks harder than some players slapshots

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Production has slowed. Any watched him enough to say how he has been playing?

2 of the last 3 games clearly weren't his best but nothing troubling. He had an issue with his skates last game, fell down twice and it led to chances/goal.

if you check the prospect stickied thread I have vids of every game of his

or you can find them here,

https://www.youtube.com/user/harryhood1919/videos

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
2 of the last 3 games clearly weren't his best but nothing troubling. He had an issue with his skates last game, fell down twice and it led to chances/goal.

if you check the prospect stickied thread I have vids of every game of his

or you can find them here,

https://www.youtube.com/user/harryhood1919/videos

He has good straight ahead speed but his pivots are pretty ugly at times. He certainly has some physical gifts but his game is very immature, almost bantam level in his approach and reads. Hopefully he is able to absorb and retain a ton of information as he is only in his first CHL season.

I am still very happy with the pick as he has a high ceiling but I think many posters on here are overlooking his bust potential as well.

Reactions: JAVO16 and dcyhabs

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
14 OHL games at 18 years old is why he's falling down..

what does 14 games at 18 year old have to do with falling down? It could have just been a skate issue.

He has good straight ahead speed but his pivots are pretty ugly at times. He certainly has some physical gifts but his game is very immature, almost bantam level in his approach and reads. Hopefully he is able to absorb and retain a ton of information as he is only in his first CHL season.

I am still very happy with the pick as he has a high ceiling but I think many posters on here are overlooking his bust potential as well.

I don't know how smart he is as you can see some times he pivots the wrong way but man is he a treat to watch when he skates the puck up ice with the size, skating, speed, long reach. It's going to be very interesting to see what he turns into in a few years.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
what does 14 games at 18 year old have to do with falling down? It could have just been a skate issue.

I don't know how smart he is as you can see some times he pivots the wrong way but man is he a treat to watch when he skates the puck up ice with the size, skating, speed, long reach. It's going to be very interesting to see what he turns into in a few years.
Inexperience.. that’s what it has to do with it. Inexperience at any level can bring out flaws you didn’t even know existed or yes… skate issues

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If skating balance is a bit of an issue, that is coachable and can be worked on.

If hockey smarts is an issue, a bit of a problem. Coaching can improve it but the game is at an almost instinct level.

All of the above depend on how willing and coachable the player is.

I still put Guhle way in front on NHL level but after the juniors, not as high as I use to have him. Top 4 but maybe not so sure as top 2. We need all of our prospects to invade the AHL and then we can get a better idea of our defensive future.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
he could have just forgotten to get his skates sharpened or twice hit a bad patch of ice.
I mean, Sure.. if he doesn't really like hockey and gotten that unlucky with ice.. but falling down happens to every player good or bad.. ( unless your OVI or something lol )

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
If skating balance is a bit of an issue, that is coachable and can be worked on.

If hockey smarts is an issue, a bit of a problem. Coaching can improve it but the game is at an almost instinct level.

All of the above depend on how willing and coachable the player is.

I still put Guhle way in front on NHL level but after the juniors, not as high as I use to have him. Top 4 but maybe not so sure as top 2. We need all of our prospects to invade the AHL and then we can get a better idea of our defensive future.
Logan has the such an attitude when he scores.. makes me think he wants to be in the limelight.. Can he overcome the adversity he's putting himself under?

Reactions: Licou

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I mean, Sure.. if he doesn't really like hockey and gotten that unlucky with ice.. but falling down happens to every player good or bad.. ( unless your OVI or something lol )

of course every player falls down since after all it is ice but you don't often see it twice in a game.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Oh Sergachev had, and still has plenty of IQ/Decision making issues. In fact I still dont think Sergachev is more than a top 4 D without Hedman around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad