Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Interesting timing. We are really thin on fwd at the moment, with White, Ryan, Smith and Turris all out and Brown and Formenton back in jr.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He has never proven this. As much as I think he should stick with the big club, he has yet to dominate at the junior level.
You could make a case he was dominating junior before his injuries started last year, but it's a pretty small sample as he got injured early in the year. I know he had 17 pts in his first 7 games and then his wrist exploded. Certainly that's dominating, but hard to say what would have happened had he continued to be healthy.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
cant wait to see him at the world juniors. hopefully formenton too

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I believe it's really good for Logan to go and dominate the OHL, get his confidence up, and be a leader for team USA for the WJC.
As a spitfires season ticket holder, it sucks I won't get to watch Logan play very much as he is sure to be traded in the near future.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Glad for this. He wasn't ready. The fact that we're thin on offence at the moment shouldn't factor into our development plans for the guy.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
He has never proven this. As much as I think he should stick with the big club, he has yet to dominate at the junior level.
Omg I think it's pretty obvious a 6.6 230 pound 19 year old who got an extended NHL look is going to manhandle the children in junior... Cmon man

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Logan has not proved that he is too good for Junior!

He should go back and show that he can be a physical force scoring points.

Forgot to multi quote with the above. Don't know how to delete. This new interface is too cerebral

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Boucher said DiDimenico and McCormick deserve looks.

We have the new members of team Boucher

More like Team Randy Lee.

Boucher said he doesn't pay attention to whats going on in Belleville, he just asks for a callup and management decides. Randy Lee LOVES McCormick type players.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
More like Team Randy Lee.

Boucher said he doesn't pay attention to whats going on in Belleville, he just asks for a callup and management decides. Randy Lee LOVES McCormick type players.

Boucher has always done this, has nothing to do with Randy Lee type players.

Pyatt in Tampa/Swiss/Ottawa
DiDiminco in Swiss/Ottawa
Thompson in Tampa/Ottawa

He loves guys, and plays them and wants them wherever he goes.

I'm pretty sure Randy Lee had nothing to do with any of that. These are all Boucher guys, for better or for worse. (Love Pyatt)

Reactions: aragorn

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Thompson in Tampa/Ottawa

I'm pretty sure Randy Lee had nothing to do with any of that. These are all Boucher guys, for better or for worse. (Love Pyatt)

You are right with Dido, but McCormick is 100% a Randy Lee guy.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Congrats Logan you beat out max bad jack rodewald.

"Sorry Logan. We got a bunch of injuries and McCormick is waiting to play you're going back"

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't get the comments here... Some people are frustrated that Logan has been sent back?

How are these people surprised with this? That was always going to be the plan. We had the exact same situation as soon as 1 year ago with Chabot... I thought I had a bad memory...

Logan Brown is 19 years old and NOT NHL ready. The "skill" part of his game definitely is but he is still raw and still has many things to learn. This is not a Lazar situation where the player is mentally and physically ready with a mature enough game to play. The thing for him is that Logan has skills that Curtis could only dream of.

This is the absolute right move. Hopefully Logan is a more polished player next season but I wouldn't mind if he plays 1 year in the AHL too, we now have the luxury to be very patient (see Nick Paul, Tomas Chabot, etc)

Reactions: OD99 and Icelevel

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I think Logan was a little frustrated by usage. This is the ideal solution, IMO. Just like with Chabot. Get some games to see how the Pros do it and get comfortable with the system and roles. Ottawa is a very "team" oriented club right now. The sum is greater than the parts.

That said, it was good for him to impress Boucher and at least get some time in the system. If he is ever going to get trusted, Boucher needs to get comfortable with him. If he didn't get a call-up, he might have gotten frustrated next season. Chabot is one of the most impressive young guys in the league and Boucher doesn't want to rush him.

Brown has look good, but not dominant yet. We don't want him as a middle-6 guy. I'd rather take our time, Schiefle-style and get the most out of him.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Absolutely the right call to send him down. His year last year was mediocre. If he dominated it may be different. He also needs to put on some weight he's too lanky for his height. He looks like he could be a stud though and I've been super impressed at his turn around. He's played two games in junior so far and scored 2 goals and has 2 assists.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Thompson in Tampa/Ottawa

I agree with you, from what I have seen I think Randy Lee is strickly an administration guy with this organization & PD & GB/MC are picking the players they want in the lineup for the style they are playing. McCormick might be more of a PD player since he may have scouted him along with Dzingel & they love his aggressiveness & dogged determination.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Watched a bit, he almost looks bored out there. Kind of a waste of a season for him in some ways. Let's hope he has that oomph for a playoff run and dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad