Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brown gives us a presence around the net I think we will miss with Ryan out. I think we can use him even if it is for 10 minutes a night and on the PP.

Love his vision and patients. He's going to set up a beauty goal in the next couple of game. Book on him is he doesn't shoot enough, rookies rarely do with vets on their line, but it would be nice to see him shoot some pucks because he's passed up some beauty shots to dump the puck off to a teammate.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
So tonight is game 9 of the season. If he is on the roster for more than 9 games then I assume it still burns a year of his entry level contract. So if he is going to be sent back to the OHL it will be before the next game

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So tonight is game 9 of the season. If he is on the roster for more than 9 games then I assume it still burns a year of his entry level contract. So if he is going to be sent back to the OHL it will be before the next game

He has to play 10 games for his elc to burn a year

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I can't help but think that Boucher's system is perfect for a guy like Brown. He's got a great (Stonesque?) stick in the neutral zone, shifty on the cycle and good hands & awareness around the net. He clearly put in work during the offseason and wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around passed 9 games

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We gave Lazar lots of chances, he never showed a flash of potential. I don't get how lazar's lack of skill can be attributed to poor development.

Exactly this. Lazar has poor puck management and lacks high end skill needed to be a top-6 forward in this league. He can be a decent 4th liner with his physique and motor, but that's it. I still don't see why people think it's because he was "rushed"... lol he is just not good enough to be a difference maker in the NHL, even if he stayed 3 more years in the AHL, it would have been the same story.

Lazar wasn't rushed as he was physically ready and had a "mature" game enough. Formenton is a guy that would have been rushed if he stayed all year; and even if he showed more skill than Lazar ever did.

I didn't see last game so I have no idea how he played, but I think LB needs to get evaluated for his development needs regardless of the injuries we have. This is the only forward in our system who could end up as a top-line player IMO. That is not something you use to plug a hole if he's not ready.

I'm also not a fan of sitting these young forwards to drag their "9 game tryout" over two months. If he's not ready to play 9 games in a row, he's not ready to play in the league. He should be getting a tonne of ice-time and a tonne of games in the OHL in that case.

Now watch him play great tomorrow night.

To be honest, we don't know that as we didn't expect Mike Hoffman and Mark Stone to end up as top-line forward either.

Personally, I have this gut feeling about Batherson.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Pretty sure he was allowed to play ( be on the game sheet) for 9 games

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is he though?
I think his issues are with ironing out the pro aspects of the game; playing against stronger opposition, the heightened pace ect. I feel like the AHL would be best for him development wise, but that's just my opinion. 5 mins a night in the NHL is certainly not in his best interest though.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is he though?

I really dont think so, what he needs to develop still is physically in a bad way. Jr will allow him to do so without getting injured because while being a huge person he is still a teenager and his body is not even close to being developed.

While its certainly the right thing to do I cringe at the idea of having Max McCormick in the NHL every night. He is not an NHL hockey player.

Last edited:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
.....Wolverine?

Logan!

MV5BMjQwODQwNTg4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTk4MTAzMjI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I really dont think so, what he needs to develop still is physically in a bad way. Jr will allow him to do so without getting injured because while being a huge person he is still a teenager and his body is not even close to being developed.

While its certainly the right thing to do I cringe at the idea of having Max McCormick in the NHL every night. He is not an NHL hockey player.
I said the same thing in a thread earlier.

We have guys who are going to be NHL players in Chlapik/Formenton/Brown/Batherson, but we literally have no guys RIGHT NOW who can come up in a pinch and play.

Watching McCormick will be painful.

Made even worse when you realize Dorian gave him a 1-way next season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I said the same thing in a thread earlier.

We have guys who are going to be NHL players in Chlapik/Formenton/Brown/Batherson, but we literally have no guys RIGHT NOW who can come up in a pinch and play.

Watching McCormick will be painful.

Made even worse when you realize Dorian gave him a 1-way next season.

I thought McCormick actually looked ok in pre-season, kind of a Z.Smith lite. His 1-way deal to me isn't much of an issue, as he'll be the 13th forward (I hope). In terms of players who can come in right now, well, there's potentially White once healed, and losing MacArthur obviously hurt.

Right now, we're missing MacArthur (likely for good, has there been any updates?), Ryan, Smith, White. How many teams still have serviceable call-ups 4 deep?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Really too bad about the age rule. He should be in the AHL; he is too good for Junior

Logan has not proved that he is too good for Junior!

He should go back and show that he can be a physical force scoring points.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I presume they officially sent him down before they realized Turris would be out? Because I agree, otherwise that'd be a puzzling decision given that he's got several games to go before burning a year from his ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad