Confirmed with Link: Lockout VI - Game On! Rejoice! Players to vote Saturday.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Poll on TSN shows 60% of fans will return immediately and another 15% with time (means as soon as puck drops on Jan 19th).

While I was frustrated as anybody, I find it easy to understand how people could come back so readily. At the end of the day, if you didn't really pay much attention to negotiations and media coverage of the lockout, all that really happened was the absence of 34 games, and we're back to hockey with most of the winter still ahead of us.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Poll on TSN shows 60% of fans will return immediately and another 15% with time (means as soon as puck drops on Jan 19th).

I'll sell my tickets to anyone who wants to buy them and stay home.

hockeyfanz*

I'll sell my tickets to anyone who wants to buy them and stay home.

I admire your stance and anyone who takes it. Good for you. Fans will flock back in Toronto..If anyone thinks there will be an empty seat(unsold) for the home opener they are delusional. Hockey in Toronto is pretty much bullet proof. In fact even 1000 dollar tickets for top seats wouldn't stop sellouts if the Leafs were contenders, IMO. Some markets in the US probably don't even realize that hockey isn't going on. They're too busy watching the NFL playoffs and the NBA.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I admire your stance and anyone who takes it. Good for you. Fans will flock back in Toronto..If anyone thinks there will be an empty seat(unsold) for the home opener they are delusional. Hockey in Toronto is pretty much bullet proof. In fact even 1000 dollar tickets for top seats wouldn't stop sellouts if the Leafs were contenders, IMO. Some markets in the US probably don't even realize that hockey isn't going on. They're too busy watching the NFL playoffs and the NBA.

No stance really. I'm always looking to dump tickets.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
On Sunday, NHL was trending in Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg and in the States, not even the big hockey cities were really talking about through social media in comparison. Actually, the US cities were pretty much filled up with NFL talk.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Just imagine what the American poll results would look like.

Imagine no more

zTKhV.jpg

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Who thinks that sign-and-trades will become very common in the NHL from now on?

Not common at all. Why would anyone sign for the purpose of being traded? They could just negotiate with the team (have their rights traded to a team).

If GMs start doing it, the reaction from players/agents will be to demand more NTC/NMCs and that's not good for the GMs.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Not common at all. Why would anyone sign for the purpose of being traded? They could just negotiate with the team (have their rights traded to a team).

If GMs start doing it, the reaction from players/agents will be to demand more NTC/NMCs and that's not good for the GMs.

Signing your own player for up to 8 years, 7 years for signing someone else's free agent.

I'm sure the player would be in on the deal, like in some of the other major sports where it does happen.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

To get the extra year out of it. Happens all the time in the NBA. In fact the Raptors did it with Bosh.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
NHL board votes Wednesday, players ratification on Saturday I believe.

Interesting tidbit...from the Star...

"Roster sizes for the opening of the season are being debated around the league at the moment, and teams are almost certain to welcome expanded rosters.

Teams are already facing drastically downsized training camps, with roughly 30 players in camp (the norm is 50 to 60) and only a week to prepare for the season as opposed to the usual month.

With injuries, dozens of AHL players and some top-shelf juniors all factoring into roster considerations, there is talk that the league will expand rosters for the first few weeks of the season, if not more."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...son-seems-more-and-more-likely-bill-daly-says

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
NHL board votes Wednesday, players ratification on Saturday I believe.

Interesting tidbit...from the Star...

"Roster sizes for the opening of the season are being debated around the league at the moment, and teams are almost certain to welcome expanded rosters.

Teams are already facing drastically downsized training camps, with roughly 30 players in camp (the norm is 50 to 60) and only a week to prepare for the season as opposed to the usual month.

With injuries, dozens of AHL players and some top-shelf juniors all factoring into roster considerations, there is talk that the league will expand rosters for the first few weeks of the season, if not more."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...son-seems-more-and-more-likely-bill-daly-says

I think we'll see around 40ish from our side.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The strike was frustrating, but this is Toronto. No shortage of other things to do. I'm looking forward to the season starting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad