Confirmed with Link: Lockout VI - Game On! Rejoice! Players to vote Saturday.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Proposed key dates for a 48 game season, as per TSN:

Deadline on Agreement: Jan 11
Training camp starts: Jan 12
Start of the season: Jan 19

Last edited:

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
sure
anything's better than an 82 game season

I actually agree with you. I think they should play a 60-65 game season, in the same time frame. Due to injuries. Spreads out recovery time a little more, it would also likely save on insurance, not that I give a rats arse about that.

Anyway, I'll be happy to have the NHL back for a 20 game season, then full playoffs. I just won't spend a dime.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Does anyone really want a season that starts January 19?

It's better than no season at all. Cancelling the whole season and the game goes into even more obscurity in the USA. Sorry, I don't think things will be hunky dory if they cancel the whole season and only resume playing in October.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Every team should try its hardest to make the championship run every season, in any sport. Not giving any more of a guarantee WRT pick priority to the team who finished last, or the team who finished 1 point out of playoffs would help enforce this.

Why should the same turd GMs who literally have done nothing but sell off a bunch of their players keep getting their welfare cheques?

I think they should have a snake draft, and all teams except the 4 semi finalists go into the lottery.

Newfie John

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2005
There's not much new movement in this offer from the owners. It's more so a mechanism to get the players to make a move it seems.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Having spoke to a lot of fans...

It seems the season is already cancelled,they just don't know it.The juniors are a nice fix to get us through till the spring when other sports will take over.A lot of the damage has been done to the game,it may not be as apparent in TO.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
It seems the season is already cancelled,they just don't know it.The juniors are a nice fix to get us through till the spring when other sports will take over.A lot of the damage has been done to the game,it may not be as apparent in TO.
The apathy by a lot of people in downtown TO should be a sign...even before the trades I knew far more people who'd support the Jays instead of the Leafs.

And combine that with a generation of kids who have never once seen the Leafs in the playoffs (primary school or younger) could eventually spell trouble.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Still have very little hope. Even if the owners have moved a little, Fehr will play it like the owners are about to cave and hold out for more. The longer it drags on, the more he sees it going his way.

Newfie John

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2005
I'd say its significant in that the "hill that we will die on" seems to have eroded away with extreme speed.

Classic negotiation strategy. Frame an issue as extremely significant, make a minor tweak to it and call it a major concession. This is the type of smoke and mirrors trick which has continually failed to make Fehr blink.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
It's better than no season at all. Cancelling the whole season and the game goes into even more obscurity in the USA. Sorry, I don't think things will be hunky dory if they cancel the whole season and only resume playing in October.

I could care less about the US. I can't get into a half season.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Classic negotiation strategy. Frame an issue as extremely significant, make a minor tweak to it and call it a major concession. This is the type of smoke and mirrors trick which has continually failed to make Fehr blink.

There's a lot of things that failed to make Fehr blink, including the loss of a season. Why on Earth would he care if the season is salvaged? He literally has nothing to lose.

Uninsurable $10M+ contracts is definitely not "smoke and mirrors" for most owners.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'd say its significant in that the "hill that we will die on" seems to have eroded away with extreme speed.

Last and Final offers keep coming.

Maximum contract length of 6 years subject to a Club's ability to re-sign its own Player for a term of up to 7 years (provided the Player played his last full season with the re-signing Club). In addition, year-to-year Salary variability will be limited (up or down) to no more than 10% of the value of the first year of a multi-year SPC.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I don't know how I feel about a shortened season. I have this feeling the minute the lockout is over Toronto makes a trade for Lou and suddenly we are going to go from a team looking to rebuild to a team trying to make the playoffs (again.) I kind of rather just lose the season and take my chances at ping pong lottery.

MrLegend28*

i dont mind a short season. 48 games into last year and the Leafs are in the playoffs lol, so lets hope it's the same :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad