Confirmed with Link: Lockout VI - Game On! Rejoice! Players to vote Saturday.

Disgruntled Observer*

Would there have been the changes to the pension plan then? I think in the long run, Fehr did well by the PA. I doubt all the modifications and concessions that he negotiated could have been achieved back when the league still thought it could pressure the union into a deal.

To be honest... yes.

I think if Fehr approached Bettman about the October offer and said "We agree to a lot of this, but would like to discuss a better pension plan", Bettman would have been more than willing to listen.

Take a look at the October offer.

It's barely different!!!!

$43.9 million cap floor (as opposed to the crrent $44... big win there...)
First year cap of 70.2 million (exactly the same)
SIX YEAR DEAL (closer to what the players actually wanted)
REVENUE SHARING 200 MILLION (exactly the same)
$210 million make whole.

WHY THE **** WASN'T THAT NEGOTIATED ON?
IT'S ALMOST THE SAME CBA!!!!!!

Do the things the nhlpa won counter the money lost for almost half of this season?
I decided to start a new thread on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
JONAS SIEGEL

SIEGEL: LEAFS STAND TO BENEFIT FROM NEW CBA

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=412953

One other necessary ingredient to evaluate in regards to the Leafs future cap space is the impending and potentially rich free agent market for 2013. Among the names currently unsigned beyond this year: Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Jarome Iginla, Derek Roy, Alexander Edler, Ryane Clowe, Nathan Horton, Simon Gagne, Stephen Weiss, Jimmy Howard, Douglas Murray and Toronto's own Joffrey Lupul and Clarke MacArthur. If available, many names in that list could interest the Leafs, starting with Getzlaf and Perry

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has it been mentioned when we can expect to see a schedule?

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I think I saw on Sportsnet ticker that the season starts on the 19th for a 48 game season, did anyone else notice that or am I seeing things wrong?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I think I saw on Sportsnet ticker that the season starts on the 19th for a 48 game season, did anyone else notice that or am I seeing things wrong?

That seems to be the idea. It was reported that the camps will open on Saturday, so they'll need a week to get the conditioning up. Plus before camps the GMs need a few days to put together the rosters.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Does this mean we get Komarov back??? Is it bad that the most exciting thing about the Leafs season for me is seeing what Komarov can do in the NHL?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud

Well, looks like Leo Komarov isn't one of those Russians who may stay in the KHL. Then again, he isn't really Russian. #MapleLeafs

As per him, Komarov will report to the Leafs. He's been great in the KHL and also in the AHL while he was here so I think most of us are excited at what he can do with the Leafs.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Thanks. Have they posted the games yet?

Also was there any talk of exhibition games?

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks. Have they posted the games yet?

Also was there any talk of exhibition games?
The schedule is probably in the process of being made and I think someone said just conference games. I'm almost certain they'll have a couple exhibition games to get players accustomed to their teams again

Also,the 19th is a Saturday.Hopefully Montreal vs Toronto as the season opener , atleast thats what I'm hoping for

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The schedule is probably in the process of being made and I think someone said just conference games. I'm almost certain they'll have a couple exhibition games to get players accustomed to their teams again

Also,the 19th is a Saturday.Hopefully Montreal vs Toronto as the season opener , atleast thats what I'm hoping for

thanks.

Hopefully they announce the schedule and any exhibition games soon. It's going to be tougher(I think) to dump tickets this year, I'll need as much time as possible.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
All teams who miss the playoffs can get the 1st overall pick? How does that work?

Each team has equal chances or the worse you do the better your chance?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
To be honest... yes.

I think if Fehr approached Bettman about the October offer and said "We agree to a lot of this, but would like to discuss a better pension plan", Bettman would have been more than willing to listen.

Take a look at the October offer.

It's barely different!!!!

$43.9 million cap floor (as opposed to the crrent $44... big win there...)
First year cap of 70.2 million (exactly the same)
SIX YEAR DEAL (closer to what the players actually wanted)
REVENUE SHARING 200 MILLION (exactly the same)
$210 million make whole.

WHY THE **** WASN'T THAT NEGOTIATED ON?
IT'S ALMOST THE SAME CBA!!!!!!

Do the things the nhlpa won counter the money lost for almost half of this season?
I decided to start a new thread on this topic.

They got a whole 100 million more in "make whole". The contentious issue was the cap in year 2 not the cap in year 1 (mostly because it was impossible for the NHL to institute a lower cap hit immediately). Revenue sharing went up and they were able to increase the cap floor significantly in the later years of the agreement.

Not almost the same at all.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
All teams who miss the playoffs can get the 1st overall pick? How does that work?

Each team has equal chances or the worse you do the better your chance?

Well, I'm just guessing here but all teams who missed the playoffs always had a chance to win the lottery but that meant going up 4 places in the draft order (was it 4 or 5 places?). Anyway, now I'm assuming they will win the 1st overall if they win the lottery and everyone that was above them will slide down a slot.

Just a guess.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Well, I'm just guessing here but all teams who missed the playoffs always had a chance to win the lottery but that meant going up 4 places in the draft order (was it 4 or 5 places?). Anyway, now I'm assuming they will win the 1st overall if they win the lottery and everyone that was above them will slide down a slot.

Just a guess.

Yea that's what I think, but I wonder if the odds will be equal for each team or if they will remain using the same ratios

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Yea that's what I think, but I wonder if the odds will be equal for each team or if they will remain using the same ratios

I'm sure they will be weighted so that the last place team gets the best odds.

Last place used to have a 48% chance of retaining the top overall pick. I imagine it will be lower.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

I would think it will be the same as it's always been difference being you can move more than 4 spots.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'm sure they will be weighted so that the last place team gets the best odds.

Last place used to have a 48% chance of retaining the top overall pick. I imagine it will be lower.

Correct, the chances of a given number (1-14) being drawn remain as they were, on a declining scale. Amd you're right, that does mean the odds of the last-place team retaining the first overall pick go down, because they used to keep it if any of the 6-14 teams won the lottery as well. Takes a little bit of the "lustre" (if we can call it that) off finishing dead last, at least, if there's much to choose between the top two prospects available.

Kirkpatrick

Oct 6, 2011
Ottawa

That would be gold! It's too bad the Leafs can't open the season at home, the Toronto Rock are playing at the ACC that night. At least it'll be a Saturday night opening (assuming they can't get the 15th start together), and there wasn't even originally a Leafs game that night!

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
As per him, Komarov will report to the Leafs. He's been great in the KHL and also in the AHL while he was here so I think most of us are excited at what he can do with the Leafs.

From what I have seen from him in Marlies and in Dynamo, he should be one exciting player.

Awesome. Can't wait to see him in action.

Also, I wonder if Edmonton inspired this new draft lottery process :laugh:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
showtime8 said:
Hopefully the people actually stick to not going to any games.

Poll on TSN shows 60% of fans will return immediately and another 15% with time (means as soon as puck drops on Jan 19th).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad