Post-Game Talk: "Little" Afternoon Delight - Jets win 4-1

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Is it safe to start speculating who we target at the deadline?

3rd top line center would probably be overkill.

Is there really need to acquire new pieces? There's a lot of potential goal scoring we have missed from both top lines. Let them be as they should, in their most productive form.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It gets even better. :D

View attachment 84767

WxkkD.gif
Wait.............we're only 2 points ahead of the Leafs?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Do we really need Toby and his $ 5.5 mil contract when we're winning without him ?? and Chiarot looks fine to me-bigger, more physical, and a decent shot from the point.

What do you guys think ???

This was an answer to a question about targeting players now for the trade deadline. It had nothing to do with Toby really. It was saying that we should wait and see how healthy we are in February because we are pretty darn healthy now.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Top 10 NHL teams: Goals-against average
Sharks 2.18
Blue Jackets 2.32
Kings 2.33
Lightning 2.49
Blues 2.60
Blackhawks 2.63
Jets 2.69
Canucks 2.71
Wild 2.75
Ducks 2.77

Jets @ 7th
Their tender never been this good before.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Do we really need Toby and his $ 5.5 mil contract when we're winning without him ?? and Chiarot looks fine to me-bigger, more physical, and a decent shot from the point.
Yes, yes we do. If you really think Chiarot is better than Toby then you're not doing it right. Chiarot was ok today, contrast that to multiple tire fires. Toby isn't what he was but that's how contracts work, you can say it for virtually every player as they age out of the league. But Toby or Chiarot for the remainder of the year? No question and the answer is Toby.

Reactions: larmex99 and Kgame

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
yWbUj98.png

Jets win the shot battle again. Jim Corsi's pics in the GDTs turning the Jets shot fortunes around. :sarcasm: Isn't it great how when we outshoot the opposition there are so few posts about the "goalie stealing that one" or "lucky to get 2 points tonight" or general complaints about bad play? Almost like there is a relationship between these things ;)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I think it's absolutely deplorable to celebrate a player getting butt-ended in the chin, even if it is Corey Perry (whose second only to Matthew on the 'Punchable Face Perry' list).

Absolutely, utterly deplorable. SHAME, SHAME, SHAM!

Having said that, I missed the game. Anyone know what time in the game this incident happened?

No particular reason >.>

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

Does not matter what we think. Toby get his cash this season no matter what. If he want to stay on the Jets next season he will have to accept a contract under 2.5 mill a year. Hopefully under 2 mill. If he want more then let him walk. My guess is he will accept a contract of 2 x 2.5 mill or less. At that rate he is worth keeping. Anything more is to much.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
The Jets can play much better. That is what is so scary about them. If both our top 2 lines play to their potential with the goaltending we are getting then the Jets are a candidate for the President Trophy.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
ELL were out best line tonight. Both kids were hard on the puck and were out best forwards. Watch out for Little, he tends to score in bunches and he is due. So are Ehlers, and Laine, I would not be surprised if that line goes on a tear in the next few games.

Reactions: GNP and YWGinYYZ

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Maybe we shouldn't applaud Chiarot's cheap shot - but because it was done to Perry, who's an -A-hole--I'll applaud it happily and heartily- give him some of his own medicine back:clap:

Well, Perry might be an A-hole, but I’d love to have him on our team during the playoffs!

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Toby would probably only cost us $2M -$2.5M next year.

This is a good opportunity for Chiarot to show where he is at. No complaints about his play so far. With respect to his shot, it’s never been accurate!

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad