Morrow - Redmond
Taormina - Juulsen
Bourque - Lernout
Parisi

Lindgren Fucale McNiven

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
They're good third liners.

Galchenyuk should be nowhere near third liners. I don't care how defensively reliable they are. Chucky is on this team to score and produce offense. Playing him with Byron and Shaw is a gross misallocation of such a resource.

Wait... why doesn't it concern you that Pacioretty or Drouin would be playing with "third liners"?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Wait... why doesn't it concern you that Pacioretty or Drouin would be playing with "third liners"?

In the lineup you posted you have Galchenyuk being flanked by two third liners. At least Pacioretty has Gallagher, and Drouin has Lehkonen. I understand it was an attempt at a balanced lineup, but still. That's a bad line.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In the lineup you posted you have Galchenyuk being flanked by two third liners. At least Pacioretty has Gallagher, and Drouin has Lehkonen. I understand it was an attempt at a balanced lineup, but still. That's a bad line.

Byron had 22g and 43pts last year with little PP time. He had more points per game than all of Gallagher, Lehkonen, Danault, Shaw and Plekanec. Mind you Gallagher had a sh$#!y first half and Lehkonen was a rookie who finished the season strong.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Pacioretty-Danault-Drouin
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky
Hudon-Mitchell-Shaw

Extra: DLR
AHL:McCarron/Martinsen/Holland

Markov-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Benn

Extra: Davidson/Jerabek
AHL:Morrow

-Bergevin still need to sign Markov for 1 year. I don't mind paying him 6M next season.
-We can always decide to go with 14th forward and keep Martinsen or Holland and send Jerabek to Laval.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky
Hudon-Mitchell-Shaw

Markov-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Benn

-Bergevin still need to sign Markov for 1 year. I don't mind paying him 6M next season.
-We can always decide to go with 14th forward and keep Martinsen or Holland and send Jerabek to Laval.

Can't say I disagree - posted the same lineup. The only thing hard to swallow is having a $3.9M player on the 4th line.

If our prospects were ready, we would be looking at:

Hudon-Shaw-McCarron
DLR-Mitchell-Byron

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky
Hudon-Mitchell-Shaw

Markov-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Benn

I'm ok with Markov for one year on a bonus laden plan. Iginla did that once.

I like playing Galchenyuk with two wingers who are responsible defensively. I like the Plek-Hemsky duo. Shaw is a luxury on a so-called fourth line (third line on most teams), but ok.

My bigger problem is Drouin on right wing. He will get eaten alive there. So if he plays LW, he can't be on the same line as Pacioretty. And we can't have Galchencyuk playing with Drouin due to D risk. So the tweak I would make is switch lines for Pacioretty/Lehkonen, then flip Lehkonen to RW and Drouin to LW.

We will get two SOLID top lines, a third line with scoring potential that should be responsible defensively as well, and a "fourth line" that could chip in. If Hudon can't cut it, then DLR can play on that line. Or if Mitchell can't keep up anymore or needs nights off, DLR replaces him.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017

Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky

DLR-Shaw-McCarron
Hudon Holland

aside from Pacioretty who's 28, our first two lines are under 25.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky

DLR-Shaw-McCarron
Hudon Holland

aside from Pacioretty who's 28, our first two lines are under 25.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Lehkonen

Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky

DLR-Shaw-McCarron
Hudon Holland

Amazingly, aside from Pacioretty who's 28, our first two lines are STILL under 25!!

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm ok with Markov for one year on a bonus laden plan. Iginla did that once.

I like playing Galchenyuk with two wingers who are responsible defensively. I like the Plek-Hemsky duo. Shaw is a luxury on a so-called fourth line (third line on most teams), but ok.

My bigger problem is Drouin on right wing. He will get eaten alive there. So if he plays LW, he can't be on the same line as Pacioretty. And we can't have Galchencyuk playing with Drouin due to D risk. So the tweak I would make is switch lines for Pacioretty/Lehkonen, then flip Lehkonen to RW and Drouin to LW.

We will get two SOLID top lines, a third line with scoring potential that should be responsible defensively as well, and a "fourth line" that could chip in. If Hudon can't cut it, then DLR can play on that line. Or if Mitchell can't keep up anymore or needs nights off, DLR replaces him.

He played RW predominantly last year with Tampa on a very good defensive line (until Boyle got traded).

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky
Hudon-Mitchell-Shaw

Markov-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Benn

I have the same top 13 forwards and 8 dmen, depending on how Jerabek does in camp. I think another full year of McCarron and Scherbak in the AHL will be good for them. It might not hurt Jerabek to play in the AHL if he's not one of our top 6 dmen.

I would have the lines looking a little bit different. Our two best player makers are now Drouin and Hemsky. Our best shooters are Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. I'd like to pair Drouin with Pacioretty and Hemsky with Galchenyuk (a vet with a youngster).

Pacioretty Danault Drouin
Byron Galchenyuk Hemsky (Byron's wheels will help with back-checking and defensive coverage)
Lehkonen Plekanec Gallagher (too bad for these two wingers they don't have a better center offensively).

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Lehkonen

Byron-Plekanec-Hemsky

DLR-Shaw-McCarron
Hudon Holland

Amazingly, aside from Pacioretty who's 28, our first two lines are STILL under 25!!

I've the same ligns in Mind. In term of speed, Drouin Danault and Lekhonen make sense.

Patch, Galchy and Gally worked in the past. Two good lignes and the 3-4 are very good

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Pacioretty - Danault - Drouin

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Hudon - Plekanec - Shaw

Byron - Mitchell - McCarron

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Hope

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Drouin - Hemsky
Plekanec - Danault - Byron
Hudon - Shaw - Mitchell
(plan is to trade Plekanec to move up Hudon)

Expectation

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Shaw - Hemsky
Martinsen - Mitchell - Byron

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Drouin
Byron - Danault - Hudon
Hemsky - Shaw - Streit

Markov - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Davidson - Benn

Price
Montoya

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Hope

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Drouin - Hemsky
Plekanec - Danault - Byron
Hudon - Shaw - Mitchell
(plan is to trade Plekanec to move up Hudon)

Expectation

Galchenyuk - Shaw - Hemsky
Martinsen - Mitchell - Byron

your hope is to have plekanec on the wing after playing center since the beginning of time?

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
Patch - Galch/Danault - Gally
Lehks - Danault/Galch - Drouin
Hudon - Shaw/Pleks - Hemsky
Marty - Mac - Byron
Mitch

Too many forwards......

Last edited:

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
If I were CJ I'd get the Galchenyuk Drouin line out of the way at the beginning of the season.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
If I were CJ I'd get the Galchenyuk Drouin line out of the way at the beginning of the season.

I agree

Drouin - Chucky - Lehkonen
Pacioretty - danault - Gallagher
Byron - Pleky - hemsky
Hudon - Mitchell - Shaw
Extra: mccarron - martinsen

Last edited:

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
Bad news is we still have two gaping holes (1LD and 1C), good news is that for once we actually have the cap space to fill those needs if somehow a good player is available for futures. By simply trading Davidson, we would have 10 million to spend on these two players. Two players, that's all we need to be awesome... do I think it will happen? Not really. But here you go:

Pacioretty (4.5) – XXX (6) – Drouin (5.5)
Lehkonen (0.9) – Galchenyuk (4.9) – Gallagher (3.75)
Danault (0.9) – Plekanec (6) – Hemsky (1)
Byron (1.2) – Mitchell (1.1) – Shaw (3.9)
Hudon (0.65)

XXX (4) – Weber (7.8)
Alzner (4.6) – Petry (5.5)
Schlemko (2.1) – Benn (1.1)
Jerabek (0.9)
Streit (0.7)

Price (6.5)
Montoya (1.1)

$74.8

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Drouin Galchenyuk Gallagher

Patch Plekanec Hemsky

Lehkonen Danault Shaw

Byron DLR Mitchell\Martinsen\McCarron

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Drouin Galchenyuk Gallagher

Patch Plekanec Hemsky

Lehkonen Danault Shaw

Byron DLR Mitchell\Martinsen\McCarron

just terrible, seeing Pleks as our 2nd line center makes me want to puke. :shakehead

I hear Drouin is at his best at RW, so I assume he's there.

If CJ will try Galchenyuk at center, it's going to be interesting to see who they put him with. I could see a Pac Galchenuk Drouin line as Drouin has to be with one of Galchenyuk/Pac since they are the best shooters by far so you have to have your best playmaker with at least one of your best shooters, unless you are Lefebvre of course. The problem is their defense, CJ might not go for Galchenyuk/Drouin on the same line. So maybe either,

Pac Galchenyuk Drouin

or

Pac Danault Drouin

So then whatever line they go with, the other center is on the 2nd line with Gallagher and Lehkonen or Byron. Pleks can be with Shaw or Hemsky if he's healthy.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
just terrible, seeing Pleks as our 2nd line center makes me want to puke. :shakehead

I hear Drouin is at his best at RW, so I assume he's there.

If CJ will try Galchenyuk at center, it's going to be interesting to see who they put him with. I could see a Pac Galchenuk Drouin line as Drouin has to be with one of Galchenyuk/Pac since they are the best shooters by far so you have to have your best playmaker with at least one of your best shooters, unless you are Lefebvre of course. The problem is their defense, CJ might not go for Galchenyuk/Drouin on the same line. So maybe either,

Pac Galchenyuk Drouin

or

Pac Danault Drouin

So then whatever line they go with, the other center is on the 2nd line with Gallagher and Lehkonen or Byron. Pleks can be with Shaw or Hemsky if he's healthy.

Plz.. no more Danault with skilled players.. its going to be a waste just like we saw in playoffs.. Danault should be put on the third line with gritty players where he belongs... I think Pleks might have a decent last season in the legs so thats why I put him between Pac and Hemsky.. of course I would prefer Tavares over Pleks but since the only other option is Danault, I would at least give it a try.. Too bad Lefebvre wasted Leblanc, he should be the one playing there getting a 60 pts season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad