Jeremiah Addison - #24 Daniel Audette - Antoine Waked
#29 Niki Petti - #38 Markus Eisenschmid - #37 Jérémy Grégoire

#34 David Broll - Thomas Ebbing

#42 Matt Taormina - #2 Zach Redmond
#45 Joe Morrow - #14 Brett Lernout
Simon Bourque - #8 Noah Juulsen

Stefan Leblanc

#35 Charlie Lindgren - #31 Zach Fucale​

Best AHL line-up in many years? Looks solid. You don't have Reway back?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
:habs

#67 Max Pacioretty - #24 Phillip Danault - #11 Brendan Gallagher
#62 Artturi Lehkonen - #27 Alex Galchenyuk - #92 Jonathan Drouin
#41 Paul Byron - #14 Tomas Plekanec - #83 Ales Hemsky
#54 Charles Hudon - #17 Torrey Mitchell - #65 Andrew Shaw

#25 Jacob De La Rose - #37 Andreas Martinsen

Jakub Jerabek - #6 Shea Weber
#22 Karl Alzner - #26 Jeff Petry
#21 David Schlemko - #8 Jordie Benn

#88 Brandon Davidson

#31 Carey Price - #35 Al Montoya

laval.png

#22 Chris Terry - #13 Peter Holland - #17 Nikita Scherbak
#11 Daniel Carr - #32 Byron Froese - #25 Michael McCarron
Jeremiah Addison - #24 Daniel Audette - Antoine Waked
#29 Niki Petti - #38 Markus Eisenschmid - #37 Jérémy Grégoire

#34 David Broll - Thomas Ebbing

#42 Matt Taormina - #2 Zach Redmond
#45 Joe Morrow - #14 Brett Lernout
Simon Bourque - #8 Noah Juulsen

Stefan Leblanc

#35 Charlie Lindgren - #31 Zach Fucale​

Switch:
Danault and Galchenyuk
Morrow and Davidson

Flip wings - Lehkonen with Drouin

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Switch:
Danault and Galchenyuk
Morrow and Davidson

Flip wings - Lehkonen with Drouin

Going back with the Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher line, if the roster remains intact, isn't a bad idea at all.

If that happens, switching wings for Lehkonen and Drouin is, indeed, the best way to get Lehkonen to score more off of Drouin's feeds.

Morrow will likely have the favour of Julien over Davidson, IMO, mainly because he is better known by the coach and might also have more upside.

While I don't think that they will have a line of Drouin - Danault - Lehkonen, I think that this line wouldn't be half bad. Drouin would have less pressure than playing on a line with either Pacioretty (the team's top scorer) or Galchenyuk, another defensively weak forward with a dire need to have a bounce-back season.

Also, the speed on a line that has Drouin, Danault and Lehkonen would be extremely hard to counter. Two defensively solid forwards (who can also play Offense) in Danault and Lehkonen would also allow Drouin a lot more latitude in exploiting his Offensive vision.

There are definitely options for Julien, but the Montreal market isn't very patient, unfortunately.

A bounce-back season from both Galchenyuk and Gallagher can make this team a very strong offensive team, in the end. The addition of another top-6C would push us a notch higher, IMO, but Plekanec's 6M salary as a 4th line C would be a huge problem.

Let,s keep our fingers and toes crossed.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Going back with the Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher line, if the roster remains intact, isn't a bad idea at all.

If that happens, switching wings for Lehkonen and Drouin is, indeed, the best way to get Lehkonen to score more off of Drouin's feeds.

Morrow will likely have the favour of Julien over Davidson, IMO, mainly because he is better known by the coach and might also have more upside.

While I don't think that they will have a line of Drouin - Danault - Lehkonen, I think that this line wouldn't be half bad. Drouin would have less pressure than playing on a line with either Pacioretty (the team's top scorer) or Galchenyuk, another defensively weak forward with a dire need to have a bounce-back season.

Also, the speed on a line that has Drouin, Danault and Lehkonen would be extremely hard to counter. Two defensively solid forwards (who can also play Offense) in Danault and Lehkonen would also allow Drouin a lot more latitude in exploiting his Offensive vision.

There are definitely options for Julien, but the Montreal market isn't very patient, unfortunately.

A bounce-back season from both Galchenyuk and Gallagher can make this team a very strong offensive team, in the end. The addition of another top-6C would push us a notch higher, IMO, but Plekanec's 6M salary as a 4th line C would be a huge problem.

Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed.

If we can fit the new C in our $9M cap space, Plekanec as 4th line C is not a huge problem, since his contract expires in June which will allow Price's increase for next year to be absorbed. In fact, teams might even come calling for Pleks before the deadline for rental purposes.

It will allow Danualt to center Byron and Shaw, while Pleks gets Hemsky and Hudon. Of course, if we have to move Gally, Byron or Shaw to get a 2C, we can adjust the wingers. Lots of options when you have cap space.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
:habs

#67 Max Pacioretty - #24 Phillip Danault - #11 Brendan Gallagher
#62 Artturi Lehkonen - #27 Alex Galchenyuk - #92 Jonathan Drouin
#41 Paul Byron - #14 Tomas Plekanec - #83 Ales Hemsky
#54 Charles Hudon - #17 Torrey Mitchell - #65 Andrew Shaw
#25 Jacob De La Rose - #37 Andreas Martinsen
Jakub Jerabek - #6 Shea Weber
#22 Karl Alzner - #26 Jeff Petry
#21 David Schlemko - #8 Jordie Benn
#88 Brandon Davidson
#31 Carey Price - #35 Al Montoya

If Danault can continue to progress (50pt, solid two-way play) and Galchenyuk gets thrown into center with a sink or swim "you're playing there the whole year" type mentality, and doesn't sink, I actually really like our forward lines. Our defense, although not the greatest puck-moving super mobile bunch, should protect Price and limit us to the under 3 goals a game.

Still wish we were able to keep Radulov, he'd add just another weapon on the wing, allowing us to stretch out the offense, but overall, I'm optimistic.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If Danault can continue to progress (50pt, solid two-way play) and Galchenyuk gets thrown into center with a sink or swim "you're playing there the whole year" type mentality, and doesn't sink, I actually really like our forward lines. Our defense, although not the greatest puck-moving super mobile bunch, should protect Price and limit us to the under 3 goals a game.

Still wish we were able to keep Radulov, he'd add just another weapon on the wing, allowing us to stretch out the offense, but overall, I'm optimistic.

Sink or swim is needlessly risky, and putting Drouin and Galchenyuk together is doubly risky.

We can have an awesome lineup if we put Galchenyuk back with Patches and Gallagher to re-create one of the league's best lines, and then pair Drouin and Lehkonen with the speedy, two-way Danault.

Each of the top two lines will have two defensively reliable players, one of whom is a sniper, and one offensively gifted player to drive the play on each line.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They have 8,187,023M in cap space with this roster,

Pac Galchenyuk Drouin
Lehkonen Danault Gallagher
Byron Pleks Hemsky
DLR Mitchell Shaw
Hudon Martinsen

Alzner Weber
Schlemko Petry
Jerabek Benn
Davidson

Price
Montoya

Right, and a new C will replace someone, so the new player can be at around $8.9M, minus whatever cushion the GM wants.

Also, if Morrow replaces either Davidson or Jerabek, we gain about $300k.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know what the plan is with all this cap space, whether it's keeping room for Markov, or waiting to see how some RFAs play out and making a play for one of them if their team can't afford to keep him.

As of now, I'd keep Galchenyuk at center all year and insulate him with strong defensive wingers.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Lehkonen
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw/Hemsky
McCarron/Hudon/DLR - Mitchell - Shaw/Hemsky
McCarron/Hudon/DLR/Martinsen

Jerabek - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Davidson

Price

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Two ways that most lineups posted here go wrong. Firstly, I believe that in the absence of Andre Markov, Jerabek is the obvious 5 on 5 partner for Weber, with Alzner taking over on the PK. My guess is that Jerabek is a major upgrade over Beaulieu who started last season on Weber's left side.

Secondly, I'm not as certain as most that Peter Holland is ticketed for Laval. It's been years since he's played a single AHL game. I have a feeling his game is a notch or two higher than DLR or McCarron's. He may very well slot in ahead of Mitchell and Hudon too.

So...

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Lekhonen
Drouin Danault Gallagher
Byron Plekanec Shaw
Hudon/JDR Holland Hemsky

Mitchell, Martinson

Jerabek Weber
Alzner Petry
Schlemko Benn

Morrow, Davidson

A puck-mover on each pairing and a some defensive presence on each forward line. Shaw's physical play helps a third line that could otherwise be overwhelmed. Fourth line has skating and skill, and may surprise with a few goals.

Last edited:

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't know if it's been posted yet but regarding Reway:

194 lbs for a 5'9" guy is big. I hope he's ready for training camp!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If we can fit the new C in our $9M cap space, Plekanec as 4th line C is not a huge problem, since his contract expires in June which will allow Price's increase for next year to be absorbed. In fact, teams might even come calling for Pleks before the deadline for rental purposes.

It will allow Danualt to center Byron and Shaw, while Pleks gets Hemsky and Hudon. Of course, if we have to move Gally, Byron or Shaw to get a 2C, we can adjust the wingers. Lots of options when you have cap space.

I agree. Let's see if that Gm of ours can prove some posters wrong and actually continue to improve the team.

Lots of options.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Lehkonen Galchenyuk Drouin
Pacioretty Danault Gallagher
Byron Plekanec Hemsky
delaRose Mitchell Shaw
Hudon Holland McCarron
Carr Martinsen Scherbak

Markov Weber
Alzner Petry
Schlemko Benn
Davidson Juulsen
Jerabek Lernout

Last edited:

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Lehkonen Galchenyuk Drouin
Pacioretty Danault Gallagher
Byron Plekanec Hemsky
delaRose Mitchell Shaw
Hudon Holland McCarron
Carr Martinsen Scherbak

Markov Weber
Alzner Petry
Schlemko Benn
Davidson Juulsen
Jerabek Lernout

Lehkonen and Gallagher had good chemistry during the playoffs. I'd try to piggy back on that in the coming season.

Pacioretty - Danault - Drouin
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Hemsky
Hudon - Mitchell - Shaw
DLR

And if Galchenyuk is a disaster at centre:

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Byron - Shaw - Gallagher
Hudon - Mitchell - Hemsky
DLR

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Lehkonen and Gallagher had good chemistry during the playoffs. I'd try to piggy back on that in the coming season.

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Hemsky
Hudon - Mitchell - Shaw
DLR

And if Galchenyuk is a disaster at centre:

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Byron - Shaw - Gallagher
DLR

I don't see Galchenyuk being a disaster at C.

In the 46 games before Kopitar took his knee out, Galchenyuk had 45 points playing mostly with Max and Gally, and was a +9.

I'd LOVE to have them back together, then play Drouin with Lehkonen and have Danault anchor the line with good D on top of great speed.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't see Galchenyuk being a disaster at C.

In the 46 games before Kopitar took his knee out, Galchenyuk had 45 points playing mostly with Max and Gally, and was a +9.

I'd LOVE to have them back together, then play Drouin with Lehkonen and have Danault anchor the line with good D on top of great speed.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher was a thing for only ~10 games...

6 games to start this year and 4 games to end last season.

It was Andrighetto and Byron who completed that duo.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher was a thing for only ~10 games...

6 games to start this year and 4 games to end last season.

It was Andrighetto and Byron who completed that duo.

If for part of the time, Andrighetto subbed in for injured Gallagher, and he still succeeded at C, I still see Galchenyuk as a viable center, especially since he has now signed his contract and the GM doesn't have to devalue him anymore :P

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If for part of the time, Andrighetto subbed in for injured Gallagher, and he still succeeded at C, I still see Galchenyuk as a viable center, especially since he has now signed his contract and the GM doesn't have to devalue him anymore :P

Hey if he can do the job I'm going to be ecstatic and we will be in a much better position going forward.

If I had to make a bet I would go with Drouin though. :)

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

I had thought of that line as well for the same reasons. Seems like a great idea. :handclap:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Balanced 3 lines idea:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - Galchenyuk - Shaw
(Martinsen, De La Rose)

Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Benn
(Davidson)