Speculation: Lighting will be looking for lhd

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Do you have anything to offer ? We need nhl ready prospects, top 4 defenseman now, or top 6 forwards on their elc. Plus can you afford another forward? It would require multiple first round picks and a top prospect which Toronto doesn't seem to have .
Any rumors as to why he isn't signed already?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
we have guys like Minten, Cowan, Tverberg, Niemela and a 1st
I'm sure if it ever became a real possibility its a workable deal
Three first picks and a top prospect. Or three two top prospects ranked in top 100 plus two first round picks. Stamkos would be the best players to be traded in a long time. Guy had more cups than the leafs this century.

Any rumors as to why he isn't signed already?
They already said they both want to make a deal after the season.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Three first picks and a top prospect. Or three two top prospects ranked in top 100 plus two first round picks. Stamkos would be the best players to be traded in a long time. Guy had more cups than the leafs this century.

They already said they both want to make a deal after the season.
that really seems excessive TBH, I was thinking 1st and Minten, especially since we all know he is going to resign with you guys in the off season

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
that really seems excessive TBH, I was thinking 1st and Minten, especially since we all know he is going to resign with you guys in the off season
I mean 3rd and 4th liners, and bottom 4 defenseman go for a first and a top prospect. You are talking about captain cups and a hof goal scorer still producing at a ppg. He is everything Toronto fans think Tavares is and more. He wins .

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
There is no replacing Serge. Hedman will have to play 30min a night in playoffs.

Now in the aggregate Walker and Seeler for a 1 at least makes the TBL decent.

Reactions: Outl4w

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
What would be the offer for Mario Ferraro

What would be the offer for Mario Ferraro
1707440743288.png

Is he an actual top 4 defenseman or just there because he is on the sharks? I dont watch them enough to know. If the later is the case , the whole defensive lineup outside of Cernak just returning from injury and Hedman are full of players bottom pairing and 7th 8th defenseman.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If ROR is worth this, then Stamkos is worth more than your offer. Is Hovart is worth this than Stamkos is worth more. Stamkos is a HOF player and no one traded last year was near his caliber. So he would be at least 3 first round picks, or two top propspects and two 1st round picks.
1707440977890.png

1707441036489.png

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So you don't think Stamkos is worth significantly more than ROR or Hovart? I haven't seen either of them win a Maurice Rocket trophy or score more than 500 goals.
I'm saying no team is giving up 3 first round picks or 2 first round picks and 2 top prospects.
Horvat was having a career year, 28 years old, viewed as a top C for the Islanders with every intention wanting to sign him to a long term deal.

Stamkos is 34 years old. Unless your definition of top prospect means chance of making the NHL, there is absolutely no way a team is giving up 2 non-conditional first round picks and 2 top prospects. I don't think anybody is arguing that Stamkos is the better goal scorerer but it's been 10+ years since he won that award and he has 1 more goal in the last 200 games they played. So pump the breaks...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3