Speculation: Lighting will be looking for lhd

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd love to get Cirelli in Calgary.
If they can get his fire back (no pun intended) he will be a great get for them. Dude is stapled to Stamkos and does nothing with it but "MUH200FOOTGAME" and I think he has just lost his drive after getting that fat paycheck. It's either that or we need a new voice in the Lightning locker room

Reactions: Outl4w and Byrddog

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Hanifin and Tanev play together as a pairing and combined only make 950k more than Serg

Just saying

Not really sure what Tampa's gonna give that'd entice Calgary seeing as, thanks to years of success and being buyers at the deadline, their prospect pool is near the bottom of the league, and they don't have a 2024 or 2025 1st, or their 2024 2nd.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Is Jeannot done for the yr?
Also if you guys end up falling out of the race, it would be nice to have a go at Stamkos.
I still think he resigns in tampa even if he was traded to the Leafs and I think he would be ok with trying a run with us. But thats only if you guys hit the skids and fall out of the race.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We shouldn't spend any considerable assets for this years team. Kuch is carrying the offense by himself, bottom six is devoid of offense, defense is filled with bottom pair players sans Hedman and Cernak and Vasy keeps giving up freebies every game. This team isn't going deep.
Maybe where I'm at right now. I'd like to see how we do for a bit before the deadline and see what's right or possible then. They were playing pretty well before the break and if they can get back to that and add something else then I'd say they can maybe make a run if everything works for then right. Vasi is good their top players are their top players then I'd say ok they can make a dent there.

But sometimes maybe most times this year they've been a Kucherov from looking that bad and maybe missing the playoffs. Just not as good this year but with right moves and some of their best players playing well they can make noise again. It's a matter of like he said can they make that jump to contention with right mix and attitude there. Just haven't seen that consistently enough to say a move should be made or should they wait till its easier to put together a better team. They really don't have many assets right now to give.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Maybe where I'm at right now. I'd like to see how we do for a bit before the deadline and see what's right or possible then. They were playing pretty well before the break and if they can get back to that and add something else then I'd say they can maybe make a run if everything works for then right. Vasi is good their top players are their top players then I'd say ok they can make a dent there.

But sometimes maybe most times this year they've been a Kucherov from looking that bad and maybe missing the playoffs. Just not as good this year but with right moves and some of their best players playing well they can make noise again. It's a matter of like he said can they make that jump to contention with right mix and attitude there. Just haven't seen that consistently enough to say a move should be made or should they wait till its easier to put together a better team. They really don't have many assets right now to give.
If they do fall off, it would help them in an odd way, say they trade Stamkos@50% to the Leafs for a good prospect and good pick, thats 2 arrows they have in the off season to refill the roster.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If they do fall off, it would help them in an odd way, say they trade Stamkos@50% to the Leafs for a good prospect and good pick, thats 2 arrows they have in the off season to refill the roster.
Stamkos has a NMC and also their captain/franchise legend unless he approaches them for a potential move I don’t see them going to him.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Stamkos has a NMC and also their captain/franchise legend unless he approaches them for a potential move I don’t see them going to him.
I see it as more of a strategic use of assets.
Move him to the Leafs, close to home so he doesn't even need to get a house or apartment, get assets, resign him July 1st, at his age loosing that extra yr from 8 to 7 means nothing.
Plus I feel there is an unspoken mutual respect between the Leafs and Bolts, so having to watch Stamkos play for another team may not be as bad if its the Leafs.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I see it as more of a strategic use of assets.
Move him to the Leafs, close to home so he doesn't even need to get a house or apartment, get assets, resign him July 1st, at his age loosing that extra yr from 8 to 7 means nothing
He’d have to want to agree to being moved. If a deal is expected between both sides doubt he wants to be moved and then come back July 1st.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
He’d have to want to agree to being moved. If a deal is expected between both sides doubt he wants to be moved and then come back July 1st.
true, but strategically if he was ok with 1 run with the Leafs, it would be a win win. But again if the Bolts are still in its all moot.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Plus Stamkos and Tavares are life long buddies, so say a situation arises where Stamkos is available, the Leafs would be idiots to not make a good offer. Especially in this situation where we are all sure he will resign in Tampa. He wouldn't even need to get a place, prob stay with Tavares.
I would play J.T and Stamkos together as much as I could. I think they would feed off each other and show great leadership that would keep the younger players focused.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Is Jeannot done for the yr?
Also if you guys end up falling out of the race, it would be nice to have a go at Stamkos.
I still think he resigns in tampa even if he was traded to the Leafs and I think he would be ok with trying a run with us. But thats only if you guys hit the skids and fall out of the race.
Stamkos says he has two cups and does t want to be apart of the losing culture of Toronto .

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I'm willing to bet if given the option to be a rental for 1 run, the Leafs are at the top of his list.
Do you have anything to offer ? We need nhl ready prospects, top 4 defenseman now, or top 6 forwards on their elc. Plus can you afford another forward? It would require multiple first round picks and a top prospect which Toronto doesn't seem to have .

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Do you have anything to offer ? We need nhl ready prospects, top 4 defenseman now, or top 6 forwards on their elc. Plus can you afford another forward? It would require multiple first round picks and a top prospect which Toronto doesn't seem to have .
we have guys like Minten, Cowan, Tverberg, Niemela and a 1st
I'm sure if it ever became a real possibility its a workable deal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino