OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 3)

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
If you guys set aside a 1000 bucks every bi weekly pay cheque and had no timeline on your investment, what would you be scaling into (top 3)

ive started adding very small amounts into apple, NVDA and MGM

I’ve started adding cause I suck ar predicting the bottom so hoping I can accumulate at these low prices

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
My worst non move was

not selling AT&T for TSLA. I could've had 6 shares. went greedy and was looking to have 7 shares.
since the AT&T lost 25% and TSLA gained 40% :D
Now I'm not even sure I can get 3 shares

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Tesla gets down into the 700s I will be buying in. It will look pretty good next fall when it is $1,600
I think you need to look at tech companies charts around Y2K. Bunch of growth stocks have lost 75% from their peak this year. TSLA is the anomaly at this point.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Tesla at $400 America would be in midst of great depression

Lol, it would still have a PE of 100+ and be as big as the top 3 car companies combined. And it was there a few years ago, did I sleep through a great depression.

TSLA is not a good proxy for the economy, if it were to go bankrupt gdp wouldn’t even notice.

Edit: just did the math, TSLA revenue represents 0.002% of US GDP.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lol, it would still have a PE of 100+ and be as big as the top 3 car companies combined. And it was there a few years ago, did I sleep through a great depression. TSLA is not the economy, if it were to go bankrupt gdp wouldn’t even notice
I am hoping it drops to $700. But I am never that lucky. The more it drops the greater the EPS is and lower P/E is. It takes big dips then whales start buying in.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I am hoping it drops to $700. But I am never that lucky. The more it drops the greater the EPS is and lower P/E is. It takes big dips then whales start buying in.
ARK bought 28mm worth yesterday and the stock is down today.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
ARK bought 28mm worth yesterday and the stock is down today.
Wood got in for $829. I just looked it up. She's was selling last fall when it was up. She's doing same thing I am doing. Buying now while it is down due to rate increases. Knowing it will surge this fall.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
If you guys set aside a 1000 bucks every bi weekly pay cheque and had no timeline on your investment, what would you be scaling into (top 3)

ive started adding very small amounts into apple, NVDA and MGM

I’ve started adding cause I suck ar predicting the bottom so hoping I can accumulate at these low prices
More crypto, cheap coins right now. I don’t think we’ve hit the floor yet though. I buy every 2weeks, the last 4-6 has been great for some discounts. I don’t think the floor has been hit, but I DCA in case I am wrong haha.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Tesla bounced back again yesterday. Up 11%. Had it reached its bottom.

How high can it go? Latest earnings release was 65% growth yoy, of 900 billion dollar company. No other company to Tesla in market cap had anything close to that kind of growth.

Google was good also. Their growth was 41% on a 1.8 trillion dollar company. They have insane amount of cash.

Apple, the largest company in world, at 2.8 trillion, had 11% growth. They have double the debt to cash though.

Amazon a 2.5 trillion dollar company, 2nd largest in world, had only 15% growth. They too carry large debt to cash.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
SU has been incredible for me. Got lucky with an entry point of 15.52. Should have bought more when it was low 20s in the fall.

Also nice to see LSPD show some life. Back above my $43 cost average. Now if I can only get ABX to wake up, what a dog. Thought they would do better in an inflationary environment.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
NFTs. Some generate passive income.

Some are a nice chunk of change and cost around 500 (or .15 Ethereum) to get. Around that price seems to be the ones that 2 months later are selling for 10k, or more

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Google with a 20:1 split announcement
+10% today.

NFTs. Some generate passive income.

Some are a nice chunk of change and cost around 500 (or .15 Ethereum) to get. Around that price seems to be the ones that 2 months later are selling for 10k, or more

you have to pick the right NFT for that, no?

with 300k jobs lost in the US. time to see how the market reacts
U.S. Economic Calendar - MarketWatch

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Google with a 20:1 split announcement
+10% today.

you have to pick the right NFT for that, no?

with 300k jobs lost in the US. time to see how the market reacts
U.S. Economic Calendar - MarketWatch

Pretty much, same with any coin.

The hard part for some NFTs is that people use bots to get them as soon as they drop.

I'm on VeVe and they do drops quite often around 11am. Usually a comic and usually for 7 bucks US. You get a place, pay 7 bucks and get a common, uncommon, rare, or secret rare cover of the comic. Even if you get a common it still sells for 20 bucks, or more. You're basically trippling your money. You're more than likely not getting it on your own. If you use a bot you risk your account being terminated, but there are so many it's ridiculous and I'm not sure VeVe really cares thar much

In short, always do your research on an NFT and see who's backing it. If you need a couple hundred to turn into a couple thousand sooner rather than later and if you lose that couple hundred and that won't cause any financial problems, then I'd look into NFTs.

Reactions: llamateizer

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
How are you guys holding up with the drops? Personally, my broker changed name (from virtual broker to CI direct trading) and I couldn't transfer money anymore so I changed discount brokerage.

I was holding my contributions in a cash account waiting to be able to transfer in my trading account. Opening the account took 15 minutes, it was live 24 hours after I applied. I invested monday before the rises. Bought some more ETH, Lion and my regular couch potato VXC fund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad