OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 3)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think the valuations were out of whack. Stocks are correcting now and this is the painful part. I’m glad I got the hell out.
Going to be some earnings released this week. We get better picture. Main one I am following is TSLA, they release sales. I think it will hold up the price for a few days, but over next few weeks will continue to slide

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Oil right? Already market supply is limited and Russia 2nd largest exporter of oil. Natural Gas also, they largest producer.

If Oil spikes will spill over into our economy

I am Oil heavy, stocks like SU are up 2x but prob still have a ways to run. I want to buy more but my entry on SU was around 15 bucks and I can’t pull thr trigger at 35 even though I think its a 45 dollar stock.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Going to be some earnings released this week. We get better picture. Main one I am following is TSLA, they release sales. I think it will hold up the price for a few days, but over next few weeks will continue to slide
I suspect their deliveries will be weak, no one can get chips. Well their deliveries are always weak, but I suspect they miss.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I suspect their deliveries will be weak, no one can get chips. Well their deliveries are always weak, but I suspect they miss.
If Tesla misses it will be because what they spent on solar, powerwalls and battery storage. Musk was on last fall saying Tesla was starting to concentrate on energy. Because sales in 2021 was 935,000 vehicles.

Musk said USA could power the whole country if they had an area of 100 miles by 100 miles for a solar farm. That is if every household had 2 EVs. He said when every household has 2 EVs the power consumption will double what it is now

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I told you guys 2 weeks ago. and the interest rates have not even gone up yet.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I think this correction has more to do with easing then rates. Something like 1 in 4 dollars didn’t exist 2 years ago, that sound you hear is liquidity leaving markets that have been propped up for years.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I told you guys 2 weeks ago. and the interest rates have not even gone up yet.

how many times the threat were there.
ya, I know this time is for real.

how long will it last.

In 10 years, we wouldn't even remember why it crashed like it did 2009

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I think this correction has more to do with easing then rates. Something like 1 in 4 dollars didn’t exist 2 years ago, that sound you hear is liquidity leaving markets that have been propped up for years.

Many factors are at play. Expected hawkishness from Central Banks over inflation, money over supply, disappointing tech sector performance, Ukraine ...

Reactions: japhi

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
how many times the threat were there.
ya, I know this time is for real.

how long will it last.

In 10 years, we wouldn't even remember why it crashed like it did 2009

Yes of course, if you are young enough you have a whole life time to make it all back. Can you please remember some are 20, some are 40, some are 60 , and some well are over 60 lets say haha. Some dont have that much time, some might go through 2-3 divorce cases, some might suffer a sudden health long term issue, some might have to deal with business crash and no way to recover. as they say," shiiit happens " preserving capitol is very important for some people. so for right now I am in to the " RUN FOREST RUN" MODE and that should have started 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: llamateizer

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Yes of course, if you are young enough you have a whole life time to make it all back. Can you please remember some are 20, some are 40, some are 60 , and some well are over 60 lets say haha. Some dont have that much time, some might go through 2-3 divorce cases, some might suffer a sudden health long term issue, some might have to deal with business crash and no way to recover. as they say," shiiit happens " preserving capitol is very important for some people. so for right now I am in to the " RUN FOREST RUN" MODE and that should have started 2 weeks ago.

Totally agree.
at certain age, you need to remove your cash from the stock market.

Reactions: QuebecPride

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
beware of pump and dump, the downward pressure is still way way high. The big boys dumped in some bucks today to reverse the run. makes it look like all is well again. within 1 week or less the dump will hit again. The worry is when the big boys dont buy to stop the snowball, when that happens the big boys will shift to the golden parachutes (hedge) ( gold) (cash) of course the little guy is always 6 hours behind. SO who exactly is going to lose and lose fast? take a wild guess, hahahahah

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
This is why you never listen to financial media. They’ll throw out a cover story to explain away a dip or a rip they know is coming. This morning Ukraine-Russia was the reason for the dip. Ukraine must have won the war by afternoon.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
beware of pump and dump, the downward pressure is still way way high. The big boys dumped in some bucks today to reverse the run. makes it look like all is well again. within 1 week or less the dump will hit again. The worry is when the big boys dont buy to stop the snowball, when that happens the big boys will shift to the golden parachutes (hedge) ( gold) (cash) of course the little guy is always 6 hours behind. SO who exactly is going to lose and lose fast? take a wild guess, hahahahah

One has not lost (or gained) until selling.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
One has not lost (or gained) until selling.
we are all humans, yes what you say is true but that not the way people think. if you bought apple at $2.00 years ago and now its worth 50 million and never sold, and tomorrow the stock CRASHES to bankruptcy, tell me again that you wont think you just lost 50 million.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What a weird day. Some stocks were down like 15 percent and yet finished the day +7.
A lot tugging on market right now. Rate hike coming, possible war, combined with strong economy and record earnings. Good sign for market to bounce back like it did. Once bargains were available the cash started to flow

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Dow futures are down, should be another rollercoaster day before Feds & BoC announce rate intentions tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad