*edited* What is the best method of protest to pressure Molson into firing MB?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
The thing is, majority of people still think the habs are good. They are so f***ing blind. Call it what you will, the majority of people on HF habs are what I would call smarter then the average fan. Hence they come here to debate. You talk to your casual fan, and they think Karl Alzner was a good signing.

Go talk to some of your casual friends. I bring up stats, I bring up good agruments and I get " I think Weber is way better then Subban because he clears the net" Hello F**kface do you even watch the games? How often have you seen Big Bad Shea clearing people left and right so the goalie to see the shots? NEVER!!! IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!

Or, Max is a great captian he gets almost 40 goals a season , ya mostly against basement dwelling teams. The stats don't lie.

Id love a protest, I mean it would be nice for one of the bloody media shills to actually do their F**king job and ask a tough question like " max has been one of the worst players, yet your constantly sending messages to alex, why is max getting a free pass and alex gets singled out? "

ya alex game isn't good this year, but why only him ?

Ask " why is Pleks on every f***ing overtime , but alex's stats say he is your best shot at winning that all important point ? Defensive liability or not ?? "

instead we get soft as butter questions....

The HF boards, from WTK to Belia, are here because we are passionate about the habs.
The average fan is a moronic dipshit who is happy to shell out 800$ to watch a shitty product and will continue to do so regardless of what steaming pile is on the ice. They are milking everyone based on the HISTORIC DYNASTY that is the habs and feeding us this trash now.

This horse has been beaten to death on these boards, but in the non-internet world, people still think the Habs are one peice from challenging for a cup, and John.T is going to be habs next season.
Morons..... that is your average fan. A dullard. :deadhorse

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Best way to protest is not to protest. Ignore the team, don't spend a dime on the team or any businesses that support it. Spend your time and money doing other things. Not only should MB go but starting to think Molson needs to sell the team away to a good owner that cares about winning and not just profits.
This, and only this, is when Molson will fire MB...the foxholes are deep down in the Bell Centre...very deep!

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
this is such a stupid, pointless idea.

If you do it, make sure it's on a Sunday at noon.
Oh there is a point to it. The point would be to get people and the media talking about it and add pressure on Molson to fire this clown. Maybe not a good point but a point.
Just an idea that i never expected would happen anyways, but honestly won't be surprised if a group of fans somewhere organise and do this, a la Kovalev protest.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Seriously, 2 ways to make this happen quickly.

1. Stop going to games, buying tickets, make molson have it hit his wallet.

2. If you do go, either get tickets from someone else if possible. Then just start Fire bergevin chants, it'll get his attention.

That's how change happened in toronto (jersey throws/chants), and edmonton.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Seriously, 2 ways to make this happen quickly.

1. Stop going to games, buying tickets, make molson have it hit his wallet.

2. If you do go, either get tickets from someone else if possible. Then just start Fire bergevin chants, it'll get his attention.

That's how change happened in toronto (jersey throws/chants), and edmonton.
I'm surprised no one has thrown a jersey on the ice yet. I realy don't like the idea of disrespecting La Sainte Flanelle. I'ts not the CH's fault it's the clowns in power.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Best way to protest is not to protest. Ignore the team, don't spend a dime on the team or any businesses that support it. Spend your time and money doing other things. Not only should MB go but starting to think Molson needs to sell the team away to a good owner that cares about winning and not just profits.
I don't know about that.

Look at the NFL. A lot of fans have simply given up of the NFL because of the anthem protests. You can find pictures and videos of NFL stadiums half empty. TV ratings are significantly down.

So what happened? The owners doubled down against the fans...set up a $90 million social justice slush fund and renewed Goodell's contract for 5 years $200 million. Basically a big FU to the fans of the NFL.

Here's the lesson.

Owners don't care about fans. Management doesn't care about fans. Hell, players don't care about fans. It's all about money.

You have a choice. Watch it. Or don't. I gave up on the NFL this season. Haven't watched a game since the nonsense started. And probably am done with it forever. When I get to the point where I'm frustrated with the Montreal Canadiens , I'll do the same.

Professional sports is a business for our entertainment. When it gets to the point that it pisses you off, whether political or hatred for owner/manager/coach/player, it's so easy to find something else that is entertaining.

Good luck. Life's too short to be mad about things beyond your control.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I've stopped buying merchandise, I don't even subscribe to cable anymore, I sometimes watch the games online. I think Molson will realize what's happening when TV numbers, attendance and concession sales are all low. I'll sign a petition, but I won't go protesting although I'm all for putting pressure on this joke of an organization.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I don't know about that.

Look at the NFL. A lot of fans have simply given up of the NFL because of the anthem protests. You can find pictures and videos of NFL stadiums half empty. TV ratings are significantly down.

So what happened? The owners doubled down against the fans...set up a $90 million social justice slush fund and renewed Goodell's contract for 5 years $200 million. Basically a big FU to the fans of the NFL.

Here's the lesson.

Owners don't care about fans. Management doesn't care about fans. Hell, players don't care about fans. It's all about money.

You have a choice. Watch it. Or don't. I gave up on the NFL this season. Haven't watched a game since the nonsense started. And probably am done with it forever. When I get to the point where I'm frustrated with the Montreal Canadiens , I'll do the same.

Professional sports is a business for our entertainment. When it gets to the point that it pisses you off, whether political or hatred for owner/manager/coach/player, it's so easy to find something else that is entertaining.

Good luck. Life's too short to be mad about things beyond your control.
You sound like you’re quoting Trumps tweets about the NFL. Seriously. I watch football every weekend and stadiums are definitely not half full lol. Save for maybe today during the blizzard in Buffalo.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The media is already on this. MB has been getting it nationally and also from regional French and English outlets. CJ has also been getting questioned.

I also don't think the fan base in General, the one beyond these boards is not that stupid. There are those who won't get the moves that led us here, but they see where we are in the standings.

Even more significantly, fans don't like shelling out big bucks and watching the team lose regularly.

Interest will soften, and that will affect finances, but it could take a while before Molson takes action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad