Value of: Leon Draisaitl

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So lets say McDavid signs north of 13 mil and the Oilers decide to trade Draisaitl. What would be your best offer? Oilers needs are a top 4 dman and they are also thin on the wings (moreso RW). They would also prefer players on lower cap hits

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
charlie coyle, jason pomminville at 50 percent, marco scandella and a 2018 1st

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
An offer sheet of 9.5m+ (since EDM likely won't extend him at that price).

So basically either 2 firsts, 1 second, and 1 third
or 4 firsts

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Why wouldn't they just sign Drai this year and worry about moving cap next year when Mcdavid's contract actually kicks in? I'd imagine by next year both RNH and Pouliot won't be on the team so they should be fine.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
As much as I think RNH gets a bad rap on the Oilers boards, in my mind, you still don't trade Draisaitl. You give him what it takes to sign him, and trade RNH away.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So lets say McDavid signs north of 13 mil and the Oilers decide to trade Draisaitl. What would be your best offer? Oilers needs are a top 4 dman and they are also thin on the wings (moreso RW). They would also prefer players on lower cap hits

Just for conversation -

Couturier (To play behind Mcdavid and RNH)
Sanheim/Ghost (Not sure if you want the potential, or established and contracted)

In the ball park/ what needs to be added? Trying to keep Cap in mind.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
As much as I think RNH gets a bad rap on the Oilers boards, in my mind, you still don't trade Draisaitl. You give him what it takes to sign him, and trade RNH away.

Agreed. RNH would be given away before they trade LD. No chance they let him go. He and McDavid are the 1-2 punch down the middle most teams dream about.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
Oilers should be interested in cheap players who have good performance levels. I would look at Las Vegas and go for Nate Schmidt, Jonathan Marchessault, and a 1st round pick. You pick up a forward with proven scoring ability, a top four defenseman, and a high draft pick to fill the pipeline, all of which should be a fraction of what Draisaitl's contract is reported to possibly be. Should keep the Oilers in the mix.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I would be looking at a guy like Parayko. Not sure I would trade Draisaitl but that is the piece.

RHD and 3C. The 3C can be a FA though.

Bank on RNH forming out as a 2C.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Draisaitl for Parayko.

No thanks....Blues would be a worse team. We now have a horde of forwards and some decent center prospects...but only two elite D-Men.

We have no answer for losing Parayko's 24-25 minutes per game.

Our line-up actually looks good with Schenn and Fabbri in the mix with Tank, Stas, and Schwartz...fine standing pat.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Parayko. I think Draisaitl is one of the few players I would be okay with trading Parayko for!
This is one of the very few trades involving young star players that I can ever recall both fan bases begrudgingly agreeing too

McDonagh 2018 1st Zuccarello
Nah, a year after McDavids contract McDonagh and Zuc will want be raises. I don't mind the value though

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I would never pay the asking price for him. He is a good player but he is far more valuable to the Oilers than to any other team to pony up to get him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Only if Draisaitl is already signed for 8 years @6 mil per season.

If Drai signs at 8x6 we're laughing. It's if we have to match a 'predatory offer sheet' that movement becomes a possibility.

Let's spice this up a bit.

Say Montreal offers Draisaitl 9 million over 7 years. Oilers match, [MOD]

Now, there's no reason at all to trade him until McDavid's contract kicks in 2018-19. What's the offer for Drai next offseason?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad