Value of: Leon Draisaitl to your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
I dont think you could find a single Oilers fan that would be offended by or dissagree with your post. Spot on

The only reason I said “No Offence to Edmonton Oilers fans” is because the monitors on HFboard are sitting on their parents basement just look for reasons to ban someone on little power trip.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Schenn+Dunn+2nd for Draisatl+Nurse+4th
or
Pietrangelo+Dunn+4th for Draisatl+Nurse+2nd
or
Parayko+Dunn+3rd for Draisatl+Nurse+2nd
or
Schwartz+Bouwmeester+2nd for Draisatl+Nurse+5th
or
Tarasenko+Dunn+3rd for Draisatl+Nurse+2nd
The only one I even cared to read over again was the last one. Even then, no.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
In looking at the oiler situation, either McDavid or Leon Draisaitl will be moved to address the needs of the organization and obviously it will be Leon Draisaitl. Not IF but when they realize they are going to have move a big piece out to address their needs; what will they get?
Haven't you guys learned anything yet. "Obviously it will be Leon" means Chia will undoubtedly trade McDavid instead.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Hall > drai
No he isn’t . They are different players . I take the RW / C over the LW . When Draisaitl is moving his feet there are few better then him . Problem is like a lot of big players they don’t bring it every night .

Edit . Hall was a good fit with Draisaitl but Chia being smarter then everyone else figure a 2 for 1 was better . Trade Hall for Larsson the sign Lucic to a buy out proof contract with Hall’s money .

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
No he isn’t . They are different players . I take the RW / C over the LW . When Draisaitl is moving his feet there are few better then him . Problem is like a lot of big players they don’t bring it every night .

Edit . Hall was a good fit with Draisaitl but Chia being smarter then everyone else figure a 2 for 1 was better . Trade Hall for Larsson the sign Lucic to a buy out proof contract with Hall’s money .

Yeah I forgot drai won the MVP last year. Thanks for jogging my memory.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yeah I forgot drai won the MVP last year. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Positions matter. Hall wasn’t going to win anything on the Oilers. The mvp thing is stupid away. Half the teams in the NHL wouldn’t even considered giving up their best player for Hall

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Positions matter. Hall wasn’t going to win anything on the Oilers. The mvp thing is stupid away. Half the teams in the NHL wouldn’t even considered giving up their best player for Hall
“MVP thing is stupid”, good argument. I’m pretty sure drai is under a ppg player at C.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Let's put it this way... it is true that RNH and Draisatl have put up inferior numbers centering their own line... but when you have 4th liners playing the wings how do you expect them to be a ppg player.

Assuming one of RNH or Drai are wingers (they have rotated in)...
As of today, the 3rd and 4th highest scoring wingers on the Oilers are:
Puljujarvi 3 goals
Ty Rattie 2 goals

... I am not sure anyone outside of maybe Crosby and McDavid (maybe a couple others) could produce more than 60-65 points with those kind of wingers.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Forget about trading Drai or any of your centres.

Oilers need to evaluate their program and staff because player advancement sucks. McD/Drai and Nuge are all smart players who have above average IQ and can skate well. The problem is player development. Your centres can teach themselves and the type of players that will succeed with or without help. It's players like Poolparty/Yamamoto that need help, These guys should..even in their youth and inexperience be getting at least .5 PPG playing along side these players.

Get a new AHL coach and some outside consulting to get your prospects going. Trading is obviously not an area of strength - to change this, you have to get a more intelligent Chia or a swimsuit model.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I think one of the big issues with the Oilers is that they behave like McDavid is a UFA in two years. He is very young, you can't get everything you need to support him in one year.

I like Benson, Puljijarvi, and Yamamoto but their is no need to toss them in the deep end of the pool and watch them drown. Patience is badly needed. You were a 100 point team just recently. Stop the madness. If you miss the playoffs so be it. Grab a great pick and wait for Bouchard and others to provide that support. A quick fix trade is when Chia starts going mental and terrible things happen.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
If they were to make this type of move (they probably should not) it seems like Minnesota would be a good fit. Lots of quality dmen (Brodin, Spurgeon, Dumba) under 30, and lots of second line caliber forwards who could be elevated with McDavid (Coyle, Nino, Zucker, Foligno).

Something like Zucker, Spurgeon, Coyle for Draisaitl, a cap dump (Kassian maybe?), and a good young asset. Minnesota gets a young #1 center they've never had, while giving up their fastest/best winger, #3 d-man and a good middle six winger with size and scoring touch.

Minnesota begins a rebuild around Draisaitl, Dumba, Granlund with Suter, Parise, and Koivu as aging leaders. Edmonton gets a power forward to compliment McDavid, a good PMD, and a first line wing to to score 30+ with McDavid each year.

Zucker-McDavid-Coyle
UFA-RNH-Yamamjavari

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Spurgeon
Jones-Russel

Reactions: TheeNorthStar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad