Value of: Leon Draisaitl to your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
And how exactly is a guy with a career high 56 points a 70 point center?

His pace has dropped off quite a bit since being moved off McDavid’s wing as well

A 70 point center whose career high is 56 points?

RNH is not a 70 point center... C'mon now.

Hmmm, let's see now.

2018-19 stats: 13 goals, 21 assists, 34 points in 38 games. Over 82 games, that is 73 point pace.

Nuge has been hovering at 70-75 point pace this whole season despite being moved off Mcdavids wing only 12-15 games into the season.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hmmm, let's see now.

2018-19 stats: 13 goals, 21 assists, 34 points in 38 games. Over 82 games, that is 73 point pace.

Nuge has been hovering at 70-75 point pace this whole season despite being moved off Mcdavids wing only 12-15 games into the season.
Pace means absolutely jack. Call him a 70 point center when he actually puts up 70. Can’t even call him a 60 point center cause he’s never done that either.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Picks and prospects. If we can't get anything good for that, draft and develop. It's just not worth it otherwise.

Do you really think your prospects is enough to land a player who will make a difference in Edmonton? You guys got a few interesting prospects, but you would probably like to keep them. Such as Bouchard.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Do you really think your prospects is enough to land a player who will make a difference in Edmonton? You guys got a few interesting prospects, but you would probably like to keep them. Such as Bouchard.
Players from rebuilding teams. Id put and picks and prospects on the table except Bouchard. Top 10 protect our first in 2019 if we trade it. If that can't get us anything good, then draft and develop.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
Whats the value of Leon, he plays well w/ McDavid but w/o he can't drive his own line. Do you want to pay 8.5 a year for that?

Reactions: veganbruin

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hmmm, let's see now.

14 power play points... I wonder who he's on the power play with... and I have a hard time believing he's away from McDavid that much. Look at his points:

RNH from McDavid, Draisaitl
RNH from McDavid, Puljujarvi
Draisaitl from McDavid, RNH

RNH from Khaira, Larsson
Khaira from Puljujarvi, RNH
RNH from McDavid, Benning
RNH from Lucic (lul)
Nurse from RNH, Drasaitl
RNH from Khaira, Nurse
RNH from Nurse, Russell
Puljujarvi from Caggiula, RNH
Klefbom from RNH, McDavid
Chiasson from Klefbom, RNH
RNH from McDavid, Chiasson
RNH from Brodziak (lul)
Chiasson from Drasaitl, RNH
RNH from Strome, Russell
Draisaitl from Rattie, RNH
McDavid from Klefbom, RNH
Draisaitl from Larsson, RNH
Caggiula from RNH, McDavid
Draisaitl from RNH, Klefbom
McDavid from RNH
RNH unassisted
McDavid from RNH, Talbot
Draisaitl from RNH, Russell
Draisaitl from McDavid, RNH
RNH from McDavid, Klefbom
McDavid from Draisaitl, RNH
McDavid from RNH, Draisaitl
Puljujarvi from RNH, McDavid

Nurse from RNH
RNH from Nurse, McDavid
McDavid from Drasaitl, RNH

By my count McDavid has directly participated in 17 of RNH's 34 points.

Wanna try a different argument that RNH is somehow a 70 point center without McDavid? I'm a secondary Oiler fan and I like RNH... But I won't call him something he clearly isn't.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I could be a ppg player with Mcdavid
i know you could, but how many players we're suppose to be PPG player playing beside him? The oilers would shoot themself in the foot if they traded drai, even for a very good RHD. it would just create a hole while filling one. RNH is obviously the odd man out in the offseason, but of course he won't get as much, but can still get a decent value back.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
**** no

Everyone, keep your ****ty offers to yourself

Team sucks? Can't score? Not enough good players? Well then trade away your 2nd best player! That'll solve the ****ing problem.

Nylander for Draisatl. Straight up.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
i know you could, but how many players we're suppose to be PPG player playing beside him? The oilers would shoot themself in the foot if they traded drai, even for a very good RHD. it would just create a hole while filling one. RNH is obviously the odd man out in the offseason, but of course he won't get as much, but can still get a decent value back.

Yeah I know what you’re saying. It takes a special player to be able to play with McDavid. His numbers with McDavid are great, but without McDavid he struggles to maintain a PPG pace. I know he’s worth 8.5 million, I just wouldn’t pay him 8.5 million a year because I don’t think he can be the main guy on a cup winning team and Minnesota can’t afford to pay him 8.5 million and have him not be the main guy.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I will never understand how people claim any point that has McDavid involved doesnt really count. So Rant with out Mack is like a 20 point player i guess, JT without Marner is a 4th line scrub? makes no ****ing sense.
The poster said that RNH hasn't played with McDavid since the first 12-15 games. Proved it wrong. The main point was RNH has never been close to a 70 point player and he's pacing it right now because he has help from the best offensive player in the world. RNH career numbers suggest he is a 50-55 point center with below average faceoffs.

My team has Mikael Granlund pacing 80 points. You don't see me calling him an 80 point player or a 70 point player. Why? Because he's never legitimately put up those numbers before.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Hmmm, let's see now.

Except he had 17 points in his first 15 games and has 17 in 23 since being moved away from McDavid (7 of the second 17 also come on the PP where he plays with McDavid)

He’s a good 2way 2C but he’s definitely not a 70 point C and he shouldn’t be valued as one

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Nuge isn't available either. Rn, he is a 70pt center, and Drai is a 90pt c/rw. We need to add to the only 3 good forwards we have, not to take away.

Alright, what's your suggestion ?

Puljujarvi has struggled. His potential is what gives him some value, but not a whole lot.

Doesn't make sense to trade Nurse, or Klefbom.

Yamamoto, if developed properly could be the 4th good forward, so not really the best to trade him, unless it's a package deal for someone who's obviously established and has term.

Maybe some decent prospects in the A/other leagues, but not a whole lot going on.

I agree it's stupid to trade a high end piece for lower end pieces and hope that you can create depth out of it that, but the sum of the parts makes the team better, but there's not a whole lot for Edmonton to do.

Best case scenario, they really suck this year, get another high 1st and are able to sign good ufas.

Reactions: 780il

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
There is no fixing this; the damage is already done.

Fire Chia, and hope a draft pick saves you.

But if you must move Drai, then you have to move him for 2-3 pieces rather than 1 for 1. 1 for 1 is most likely a lateral move where you fill a hole creating another hole.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Build a package around the Ottawa pick or Barrie. OTT 1st + Timmins + Kerfoot + conditional/protected 2020 1st; or Barrie + Jost + conditional/protected 2020 1st?

When I first read through this thread and didn't see you I was surprised, and then I knew it wouldn't be long.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When I first read through this thread and didn't see you I was surprised, and then I knew it wouldn't be long.
I'm proud of how long I held myself back & how tame my offers were. The first response should've been me just posting this gif:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad