Value of: Leon Draisaitl to your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
14 power play points... I wonder who he's on the power play with... and I have a hard time believing he's away from McDavid that much. Look at his points:

RNH from McDavid, Draisaitl
RNH from McDavid, Puljujarvi
Draisaitl from McDavid, RNH

RNH from Khaira, Larsson
Khaira from Puljujarvi, RNH
RNH from McDavid, Benning
RNH from Lucic (lul)
Nurse from RNH, Drasaitl
RNH from Khaira, Nurse
RNH from Nurse, Russell
Puljujarvi from Caggiula, RNH
Klefbom from RNH, McDavid
Chiasson from Klefbom, RNH
RNH from McDavid, Chiasson
RNH from Brodziak (lul)
Chiasson from Drasaitl, RNH
RNH from Strome, Russell
Draisaitl from Rattie, RNH
McDavid from Klefbom, RNH
Draisaitl from Larsson, RNH
Caggiula from RNH, McDavid
Draisaitl from RNH, Klefbom
McDavid from RNH
RNH unassisted
McDavid from RNH, Talbot
Draisaitl from RNH, Russell
Draisaitl from McDavid, RNH
RNH from McDavid, Klefbom
McDavid from Draisaitl, RNH
McDavid from RNH, Draisaitl
Puljujarvi from RNH, McDavid

Nurse from RNH
RNH from Nurse, McDavid
McDavid from Drasaitl, RNH

By my count McDavid has directly participated in 17 of RNH's 34 points.

Wanna try a different argument that RNH is somehow a 70 point center without McDavid? I'm a secondary Oiler fan and I like RNH... But I won't call him something he clearly isn't.
Why do all oiler players get trashed for putting up points with McDavid? Doesn't happen to any other teams players.

And do powerplay points not count anymore? Last I checked they still count.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Honestly if I was the Oilers, and I am not saying either team does it (Leafs likely decline honestly) but I call up the Leafs and say McDavid wants to be there, pay up. I offer McDavid for Matthews + Marner.

Huge hit to the Leafs core and team identity, huge winning pedigree gone, they become a worse team but get a better player. They also save some cap money and just have to try and get another top line winger somehow.

Oilers, well they solve their problem of depth. Marner goes with Drai for a strong first line and Matthews gets RNH who is similar to Marner in a way and if RNH can get Matthews the puck, there is another line.

Suddenly they have a ton of depth scoring and two strong lines instead of one decent one. That alone makes them a playoff team in their division. Then all they need is to get a starting quality goalie.

Why did you think this was a good post to make?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nuge isn't available either. Rn, he is a 70pt center, and Drai is a 90pt c/rw. We need to add to the only 3 good forwards we have, not to take away.
???

RNH: 70 point C with a career high 56
Leon: 90 point C with a career high 77

Maybe you should have used the word POTENTIALLY, not IS.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
lol i just don't get why people say Draisaitl isn't worth his 8.5M contract and why he isn't part of the solution. i'd be MORE than happy to have drai has a 1C in Montreal, stanley cup are won with depth, not only exeptional talent, oilers are lacking all around depth and they still have holes. if i were them my ONLY untouchable on that team would be Mcdavid and Draisaitl as 1C - 2C and play them together on PP and late game when you need to make something happen, they rest of the team should be built around them, i still think puljujarvi could turn it around, RNH should be traded for either a VERY good young winger or a RHD. Yamamoto should be able to turn it around soon. they still need an other very good LW and better bottom 6

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Sabres:

Mittelstadt
Nylander
Guhle
Scandella
2020 1st Round Pick (top 10 protected)

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hmmm, let's see now.

2018-19 stats: 13 goals, 21 assists, 34 points in 38 games. Over 82 games, that is 73 point pace.

Nuge has been hovering at 70-75 point pace this whole season despite being moved off Mcdavids wing only 12-15 games into the season.

Okay, so what you’re saying is that is that Timo Meier is a a 40 goal, 75 point winger, Tomas Hertl is a 75 point center, and Logan Couture is a point per game center. Good to know! I’ll definitely keep that in mind!

Come on man. You know very well that pace through 38 games doesn’t mean a player will put up that pace through the whole season. RNH is not a “70 point center” until he puts up 70 points. Period.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Okay, so what you’re saying is that is that Timo Meier is a a 40 goal, 75 point winger, Tomas Hertl is a 75 point center, and Logan Couture is a point per game center. Good to know! I’ll definitely keep that in mind!

Come on man. You know very well that pace through 38 games doesn’t mean a player will put up that pace through the whole season. RNH is not a “70 point center” until he puts up 70 points. Period.
Should've used the words so far this season or potentially

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Should've used the words so far this season or potentially

Yeah, no shit! :laugh: A player on pace for a new career high does not have the value of a player who has actually hit that career high. RNH does not have the value of a 70 point center, as you claimed.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm proud of how long I held myself back & how tame my offers were. The first response should've been me just posting this gif:

giphy.gif

I think its rude everyone here completely ignored your two very reasonable offers.

Reactions: cgf

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Build a package around the Ottawa pick or Barrie. OTT 1st + Timmins + Kerfoot + conditional/protected 2020 1st; or Barrie + Jost + conditional/protected 2020 1st?

No. Nothing you’d offer is in any way enticing. Cute pretending Jost has any real value, too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You know full well who hurt me... well us haha.

Dealing Draisaitl for Torrey Krug West and some other stuff I could take or leave is exactly the kind of thing that Mr Potato Head looking nincompoop would do.

FWIW I still like Jost and think he'd do great next to Drae, so would have no qualms with replacing him with Kaut or Bowers in that package. I included him there as an A-prospect on par with Timmins, Kaut or Bowers; I just figured the already-adjusting-in-the-NHL kid would be more interesting than the still-in-minors/college kids.

And the OTT pick plus an A-prospect & protected/conditional pick that was likely to transfer next year, really wouldn't be a fair starting point if Drae did get put on the market? I get not wanting to trade him, but that's a different question than what would be fair value if you were to look into moving him.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad