Value of: Leon Draisaitl for a defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's going unacknowledged because it's not relevant when you're comparing an active high-level NHL asset to a just-drafted non-elite prospect who is not showing any signs of taking over in juniors.

Faulk is. Sergachev is not. Faulk will be; Sergachev might be. Against that, all this "contract control" nonsense is unimportant noise. Having longer control of a player is meaningless if he turns out to not be what you need.

* * *​

"It's okay guys; I'm definitely a Habs homer... but in the end, I'm really a homer for all Canadian teams."

You're not getting opposition because folks assume you're trying to rip off the Oilers and just don't know better. You're getting opposition because you're pushing a proposal that's bad for the Oilers and acting like any other approach is anethema.

You say this as though this has ever been offered or ever will be.

Here's a thought - why not "take the risk" that someone like Faulk or Parayko could actually reach, if not exactly that status, at least something good enough to make the Oilers competitive? They're already top-pairing guys so at absolute worst the Oilers' defense will be massively improved. And if they take that extra step, so much the better!

Or they can trade their guy for yet another prospect and end up with next to nothing.

Viqsi, hun, let it go. I dug around a bit, and it turns out that Milbury is on HF, and this is his account. It all makes sense now.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I'm gonna need a Bill Guerin-tee that Sergaechev is going to become a top pairing point producing defensemen. Also that he will learn to play with a Right handed stick.

Then we can talk about a Draisaitl for Sergaechev swap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
When dozens of posters continuously tell you that YOU are wrong; you might want to take your own advice
:dunce:

Don't tell me I'm wrong and get upset when I don't believe you. Come up with valid material to support your "opinions". If you come up with valid reasons and justify them, I'm very reasonable and will have no problem saying you have a point. However, some of the logic is just terrible. My apologies if your feelings are hurt that we all don't agree.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As I said before, the Bruins did quite well when they traded Kessel for two 1st round picks. But go a ahead and get Faulk for 3.5 years and prey he re-signs. You have convinced yourself that is a good deal so I give up trying to bring you to your senses.

Lets see what you think about Sergachev in the off season. But I pushed this so much I suspect you'll hate Sergachev forever (no matter how elite he ends up being) lol

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Tanev for Draisaitl seems good value for both Nucks and Oilers - maybe Nucks add a little
A far less physical version of Adam Larsson will not get you Draisaitl no matter what the plus is. Massive overpayment from the Canucks is required. Massive

See the ransom the Canucks wanted from the Oilers for Schneider

Last edited:

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
Gally = Gallagher
Chucky = Galchenyuk

And no... Galchenyuk is not part of any deal. Galchenyuk is the Habs version of McDavid (not as good but that's our top center).

Then no interest, none of those pieces fill a need right now and losing Drai actually creates another one. I get Sergachev has a huge ceiling but prospects do not help us right now.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I may have seen too many bernmeister posts lately....

Faulk + Lindholm + McKeown for Drai and pool party.

Oil get the 1d they want, a good young c (can go mcd, rnh, lindholm down the middle), and a good rhd prospect.

Carolina gets a 1C and high end winger prospect.

Really how close in value is Lindholm + McKeown for pool party?

Seems to help the oil now and in the long term.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
As I said before, the Bruins did quite well when they traded Kessel for two 1st round picks. But go a ahead and get Faulk for 3.5 years and prey he re-signs. You have convinced yourself that is a good deal so I give up trying to bring you to your senses.

Lets see what you think about Sergachev in the off season. But I pushed this so much I suspect you'll hate Sergachev forever (no matter how elite he ends up being) lol

Of course that trade worked out for the Bruins, it wasn't expected they would get the no. 2 overall pick and Tyler Seguin. But that's only one example. How about when they traded for picks at the 2015 draft, some of those picks as well. Bottom line, while you may believe in sergachev's abilities, he is still an uncertain commodity years away from his prime. Oilers are not rebuilding and want to start winning, so they want a proven player.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

Oil get the 1d they want, a good young c (can go mcd, rnh, lindholm down the middle), and a good rhd prospect.

Puljujarvi has been a disappointment so far this season but most of us knew that he would struggle in his first year in NA. It's probably fair value but I would pass as I feel Pulju has the higher upside

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Don't tell me I'm wrong and get upset when I don't believe you. Come up with valid material to support your "opinions". If you come up with valid reasons and justify them, I'm very reasonable and will have no problem saying you have a point. However, some of the logic is just terrible. My apologies if your feelings are hurt that we all don't agree.

Get real. You constantly whine about "attacks" and say no one is supporting their opinions, when you haven't given one decent reason for that awful trade proposal of yours.

All you say is that the Oilers need a Karlsson or Subban, and the only way to do that is by trading for Sergachev before it's too late. None of which makes sense.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Of course that trade worked out for the Bruins, it wasn't expected they would get the no. 2 overall pick and Tyler Seguin. But that's only one example. How about when they traded for picks at the 2015 draft, some of those picks as well. Bottom line, while you may believe in sergachev's abilities, he is still an uncertain commodity years away from his prime. Oilers are not rebuilding and want to start winning, so they want a proven player.
Never mind that there was a veiled OS threat towards the Bruins. That doesn't apply to Draisaitl though because the Oilers can force Draisaitl to sign a 3+8 year deal :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I have a feeling that poster won't be responding to you though

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC

I think this leaves Carolina too weak on the right side and don't think Edmonton wants to give up multiple possibly elite forwards now.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Your credibility doesn't look good when you exaggerate. Just saying. 3 years of development eh? How about 2. #9 pick with 3 months of development eh? He's surely no good and who cares what the scouts say right?

Remember, I said make the trade this off season at draft day. This gives you the chance to evaluate Sergachev and see how he plays this year and more importantly at the World Juniors. Wait... even if he performs well at the World Juniors and stands out as one of the elite, there is still no guarantees right?

Absolutely. You've already been proven wrong with lists of top-10 busts. Do you really believe no highly touted dman performed well at the WJC and didn't reach his peak in NHL.
Again, nobody is saying Sergachev is not a really, really good prospect. Hell, I would love if he were a Leaf prospect. I can't believe you are arguing this.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Absolutely. You've already been proven wrong with lists of top-10 busts. Do you really believe no highly touted dman performed well at the WJC and didn't reach his peak in NHL.
Again, nobody is saying Sergachev is not a really, really good prospect. Hell, I would love if he were a Leaf prospect. I can't believe you are arguing this.
That poster probably isn't coming back but here's a link of WJHC all stars. Quite a few names on here that never made an impact in the NHL. Especially Russians

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
That poster probably isn't coming back but here's a link of WJHC all stars. Quite a few names on here that never made an impact in the NHL. Especially Russians

That's too bad. I'm still torn as to whether I want 3.5 years of Faulk or 11 to 14 years of a mystery box. I need more convincing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad