GDT: Lehner back in Ottawa, Thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dzingel and White on the fourth line could have something to do with that, although it is Boucher, so you never know.

I wouldn't get caught up in the order of lines. Looking at that Dzingel-Shore-White line, White and Shore could easily get 13 minutes tonight, thats not traditional 4th line usage. At the end of the day the order in which lines are presented is irrelevant, if they play well, they will play.

This happens in Belleville all the time, KK rotates lines pretty evenly but people get caught up in the order of the lines. Theres been many nights when White was on "3rd line" but would be playing more than all but maybe one or two other forwards.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wouldn't get caught up in the order of lines. Looking at that Dzingel-Shore-White line, White and Shore could easily get 13 minutes tonight, thats not traditional 4th line usage. At the end of the day the order in which lines are presented is irrelevant, if they play well, they will play.

This happens in Belleville all the time, KK rotates lines pretty evenly but people get caught up in the order of the lines. Theres been many nights when White was on "3rd line" but would be playing more than all but maybe one or two other forwards.

This isn't Belleville and it isn't KK... If that 4th line (on paper now) sees 13 minutes ... I will take it all back .. but Boucher will coach to win the game .. He will not have any epiphanies that the Shore line should get more minutes than the current top 3 lines.. We could see a couple wingers change where they are in that lineup .. like we saw Dzingel get moved up in Toronto and Dido get moved up in Pittsburgh but .. this will not be as fluid as it is in Belleville.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This isn't Belleville and it isn't KK... If that 4th line (on paper now) sees 13 minutes ... I will take it all back .. but Boucher will coach to win the game .. He will not have any epiphanies that the Shore line should get more minutes than the current top 3 lines.. We could see a couple wingers change where they are in that lineup .. like we saw Dzingel get moved up in Toronto and Dido get moved up in Pittsburgh but .. this will not be as fluid as it is in Belleville.

Obviously its a different situation than Belleville but my point stands, people get caught up in the order of lines. I'm sure there will be some line juggling as the game progresses but I do believe the goal here is to role 4 lines and if that Shore line performs they will get the ice time. I don't see it as a situation where the 4th line is going to receive minimal ice time, like in the past and even at times this season. Now penalties are always going to influence ice time and the flow of how you role your lines.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Are they going to do some sort of f***ing ceremony before every game now

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
There's a guy called Rodriguez that plays for the Sabres?

That's the most non-hockey name for an NHL player I've ever heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad