GDT: Lehner back in Ottawa, Thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I know but where did Boro hit the puck with his glove... inside the Dzone or in the neutral zone.
My understanding is that if Boro hits the puck in the neutral zone and Chabot plays it ... vs bouncing off his skate .,. it would be blown dead as a hand pass. If Boro played in in the Dzone .. it would not be a hand pass
Ok didn't know

Thank you

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well here's my question....is Boro a legitimate bottom pairing guy now or is it just a hot streak/playing well for a little bit type thing? I mean I know Buffalo is terrible, but damn he looked fine out there last night, mighty fine.

Reactions: Micklebot

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Yea it's great but they can't be our top line if we want to be a cup. Too weak.

Stone is excellent top line cup calibre winger, we need to get him a capable center.

In 2 years:

Svechnikov/Zadina-xxxxx-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Batherson

Nice

Maybe it could be Logan Brown.

Svech-Brown-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Batherson/White

Interesting
Geez, you think Duchene is WEAK? He has a strong stick, can't be knocked off the puck, drives to the net like a bulldozer, rarely loses a puck battle, and he can beat five defenders in a phone booth. A first line with him and Stone, adding another big, strong winger, would dominate just about anyone.

Reactions: Samsquanch

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Geez, you think Duchene is WEAK? He has a strong stick, can't be knocked off the puck, drives to the net like a bulldozer, rarely loses a puck battle, and he can beat five defenders in a phone booth. A first line with him and Stone, adding another big, strong winger, would dominate just about anyone.

Well chemistry is kind of a thing too. Duchene and Hoffman have the makings of a spectacular 2nd line. And let's face it, the way our budget set up, we never were gonna have a standout first line but 2 good top lines. Kinda like boston 1a/1b

I say we go hard after Logan Couture. Like really hard.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Well chemistry is kind of a thing too. Duchene and Hoffman have the makings of a spectacular 2nd line. And let's face it, the way our budget set up, we never were gonna have a standout first line but 2 good top lines. Kinda like boston 1a/1b

I say we go hard after Logan Couture. Like really hard.

I think you’re dreaming if you think that Hoff/Duch will be a part of our 2nd line, no offence. If anything I think Stone will be on the 2nd line to carry the two others on that line or help em out at the least, kinda like Alfie after the cash line days.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think you’re dreaming if you think that Hoff/Duch will be a part of our 2nd line, no offence. If anything I think Stone will be on the 2nd line to carry the two others on that line or help em out at the least, kinda like Alfie after the cash line days.

Then we ain't gonna win the cup lol(unless we get Dahlin, then such a ridiculous defense maybe can compensate for weaker offense) Hoffman and Duchene are great but neither are top 10 at their position.

Don't compare Spezza and Heatley(each top 5 at their positions even post Cash line days for few years) to Hoffman and Duchene.

Reactions: topshelf15

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Then we ain't gonna win the cup lol(unless we get Dahlin, then such a ridiculous defense maybe can compensate for weaker offense) Hoffman and Duchene are great but neither are top 10 at their position.

Don't compare Spezza and Heatley(each top 5 at their positions even post Cash line days for few years) to Hoffman and Duchene.

I never made that comparison, you did. I compared Stone to Alfie more than anything, but that would be off as well for obvious reasons.

Stone and Karlsson are top 5-6 at their positions, so there you go. It’s about how good our young guys can become (Brown, White, Chlapik, Batherson, Formenton) on cheap contracts while filling the rest of the roster as best we can.

Did you see what it cost to get Duchene? or Johansen? We ain’t trading for another top line C. We got one, we’re stuck with him and we can just hope one of the top prospects can develop into a top center (hopefully Brown).

The roster looks more like:

Hoffman-Duchene-X
X-X-Stone

X-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci

Fill out the X’s with the appropriate players and this team can contend. Goaltending is a major issue as well going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad