GDT: Lehner back in Ottawa, Thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing with the kids.

White looked more than capable with Hoff and Duch despite a weaker game on tuesday. Playing him in that situation is the best way to develop his confidence imo, not playing him in Bingo with a crap team where he'll lose every night.

It's not like we're in a playoff run here. No sense in playing old man Gaborik in his spot like, at all.
I agree. Just play the crap out of them and let them sink or swim. Guy is too busy trying to win the same way hes used too.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Some people, ok me, thought he should be an untouchable long before this recent stretch.

He's not doing anything out of the ordinary, the team is just playing better than they were for the first half of the season in general.

I was right there saying it would be a mistake. He frustrates me at times and he proves me wrong often but I like to give him credit when its due. He's been battling a lot harder at least from where I stand.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Here ya go guys. For all of those who didn't see that bad man snatching the stick from that kid.

There's a-holes in all walks of life, unfortunately.

Once, I remember this super fat bully kid (you know the type) literally trampled a younger kid to get one of those 3-stars sticks. Legitimately effed up the smaller kid's ankle, nothing permanent, but he was limping after the bully smashed him against the concrete half-wall. I ended up talking to the equipment guys, and that kid went home with a a game-used Stone stick, auto'd. It was nice having the ear of the equipment guys, I used to get a few practice pucks and would distribute them around the arena to kids who I thought would appreciate them.

The staff at the arena are pretty good about making sure those kids get looked after. There aren't as many as there used to be, but they do try their best to make sure everyone goes home happy.

Hope that guy got booed out of the building.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Were they showcasing Gaborik tonight?

Not likely, but he played well. As far as White is concerned, we just need to wait until the deadline. I assume we will move some forwards off the roster and then he will get more playing time. I’d like to see him get more playing time too, but this is not a long term thing.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
White played 8 minutes.

8:46 to be exact.

Boucher relied heavily upon the top 6 tonight. Pageau played 12:47, just the 7th time he's played less than 14 minutes. If people want to get mad about usage, do it after the game and not prior to it. That was the point of my post.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not likely, but he played well. As far as White is concerned, we just need to wait until the deadline. I assume we will move some forwards off the roster and then he will get more playing time. I’d like to see him get more playing time too, but this is not a long term thing.

I get that it might change after the deadline, but Boucher just showed his hand by playing a 36 year old in the spot White had as soon as he stepped foot in Ottawa.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Yah I didn't catch that ,, what he say? ...
Anyway its better for him to go back than to be a give the real team a rest type of player. He doesn't need that now. Maybe more moves open space ... who knows.
Also ... I didn't think Shore was anything special.. have to give him some more looks..

It's near the end of today's pregame presser when he talked about Chabot and how he was sent down and now it's paying off and if guys aren't ready..blah blah things they have to learn and then he said "it's the same for White if we feel he has to go down and get some different types of ice time then we'll do that"

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's near the end of today's pregame presser when he talked about Chabot and how he was sent down and now it's paying off and if guys aren't ready..blah blah things they have to learn and then he said "it's the same for White if we feel he has to go down and get some different types of ice time then we'll do that"
Thanks I just listened to it. Whatever .. Boucher will be Boucher

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I get that it might change after the deadline, but Boucher just showed his hand by playing a 36 year old in the spot White had as soon as he stepped foot in Ottawa.

I think it's hard not to put Gaborik in the top 6 and give him a fair shake after this type of trade to be honest.

The guy has 800 points in the NHL and is a well respected player across the league. Might not be the most welcoming thing to tell him hey look here's 10 minutes of ice time for you.

There's that and White is a lot better suited to play a bottom 6 role.

Reactions: pzeeman

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
We all need to pay homage to Marian Gaborik and treat him well during his time here as he is providing this city with Her presence

Attachments

• E862F11F-B45F-4475-91B1-2ABA174A9B28.jpeg
    E862F11F-B45F-4475-91B1-2ABA174A9B28.jpeg
    477.2 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: DrEasy

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
8:46 to be exact.

Boucher relied heavily upon the top 6 tonight. Pageau played 12:47, just the 7th time he's played less than 14 minutes. If people want to get mad about usage, do it after the game and not prior to it. That was the point of my post.
He was on a line with Nick Shore. Doesn’t take a genius to realize that’s the fourth line.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think it's hard not to put Gaborik in the top 6 and give him a fair shake after this type of trade to be honest.

The guy has 800 points in the NHL and is a well respected player across the league. Might not be the most welcoming thing to tell him hey look here's 10 minutes of ice time for you.

White doesn't belong on the 4th line. At worst he should get time with Pageau on the 3rd but playing with scrubs won't do him any good.

And you could easily have kept White up on the 1st line and put Gabby on the 2nd or 3rd line where he'd have gotten 14-15 mins of toi, which is what he's used to. Not sure it'll help anyone to give him 18+ mins every night.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I agree Gaborik should get a good intro into the top 6 and if he looks like he did tonight and the plan is to keep him and play him.. go for it.. I do think White has shown quite a bit since hes been up. Its not easy to play with Duchene and Hoffman imo .. White is more suited to straight line kind of hockey and those guys are hard to read off .. He has been doing what has been asked of him playing with those guys.. by pressuring the puck and trying to create turnovers. He has also been excellent in the Dzone with those two, often being the low guy supporting the D man.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Man, White has looked real good AND real bad so far in his time with Ottawa this season, IMO.

Lots of great plays on breakouts, lots of great effort and forechecking and solid 2-way play... but also some really minor-league stuff with unforced errors like bad clears, not reading the play well, etc... It's been a tale of good and bad with him from my perspective, IMO.

He's going to be real good for us, but he still needs some seasoning. There is still some stuff I see in his game that he can work on. I don't know if the 1st line of a bad NHL team is where he needs to be right now, if that's good for him in the long run.

I'm willing to be really patient with White. Let him earn those 1st line minutes, don't just give them to him because there is no one else to play them.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He was on a line with Nick Shore. Doesn’t take a genius to realize that’s the fourth line.

And Ryan Dzingel. Don't think I was off base to think the plan was to roll four lines.

It's funny because your comment about lines prior a Belleville game eventually lead to me to tracking player usage. It was a game where White was the third line centre and Chlapik was the 4th line centre. Chlapik only played one period due to a call up but he was among the ice time leaders in that period, White had around 20min of TOI that game. But please to continue to get upset about what might happen and not what actually does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad