GDT: Lehner back in Ottawa, Thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
On the first goal against
Does Chabot have to have control of the puck on his stick to be called a hand pass?

Someone knows the rule?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing with the kids.

White looked more than capable with Hoff and Duch despite a weaker game on tuesday. Playing him in that situation is the best way to develop his confidence imo, not playing him in Bingo with a crap team where he'll lose every night.

It's not like we're in a playoff run here. No sense in playing old man Gaborik in his spot like, at all.
That's why I am huge proponent of letting him go in the offseason. I don't want this guy around what seemingly will be a young roster next year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Give him 13-14 mins a night on the 3rd line once we move out some players at the deadline. That's the best spot for him right now, IMO.

That's what I like...balance. Get a decent amount of ice without heavy matchups, and a chance to have a regular shift. Best way to insulate and develop our kids. First line is too difficult in terms of matchups, and a ton of pressure. Fourth line doesn't get the ice. Middle six works.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
its more fun if you pretend that game was for the stanley cup
Make it like college football. Every game is its own season. Then everybody gets to stay interested until the end.

I don't quite understand people obsessing over lost tanking position with every win. Unless you go on an insane hot streak, you're not hurting yourself much. And I don't think anyone can tank hard enough to finish behind Arizona. So it's a lot of tears shed over small increments in the lottery odds.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Make it like college football. Every game is its own season. Then everybody gets to stay interested until the end.

I don't quite understand people obsessing over lost tanking position with every win. Unless you go on an insane hot streak, you're not hurting yourself much. And I don't think anyone can tank hard enough to finish behind Arizona. So it's a lot of tears shed over small increments in the lottery odds.

The tank crowd has a valid point I think. We aren't overtaking ARZ, but if we finish 2nd worst, we get a top 5 pick regardless of what happens in the lottery. A few extra wins, and we finish 4th or 5th worst, then we're talking about 7th or 8th overall. That high in the right draft, that's a major difference in the kind of player we could expect.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The tank crowd has a valid point I think. We aren't overtaking ARZ, but if we finish 2nd worst, we get a top 5 pick regardless of what happens in the lottery. A few extra wins, and we finish 4th or 5th worst, then we're talking about 7th or 8th overall. That high in the right draft, that's a major difference in the kind of player we could expect.
If we win our next game we move back about 4 spots over night.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I thought Harpur looked fine. Honestly thought the whole D core looked decent (by our standards) last night. Although it was probably cause we were playing Buffalo without eichel.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I repeat myself but Duchene with a monster game last night

Finally someone to play with #68

Yea it's great but they can't be our top line if we want to be a cup. Too weak.

Stone is excellent top line cup calibre winger, we need to get him a capable center.

In 2 years:

Svechnikov/Zadina-xxxxx-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Batherson

Nice

Maybe it could be Logan Brown.

Svech-Brown-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Batherson/White

Interesting

Reactions: Alex1234

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
its next to impossible to out tank Arizona or Buff

we have far more pure talent on our team

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Am I only one that thought Harpur was bad last night.
Not completely bad but you could notice he was playing nervously
I think its normal because he's afraid to make mistakes and be benched or re-re-re-resent down
A bit like Chabot was at the beginning of the season
They have to be patient with him
I thought he skated well on the back check etc
He will be good 3rd pairing he just need time imo

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
When Boro handed him the puck in his back then it dropped in between his skates and he didn't know where it was
I know but where did Boro hit the puck with his glove... inside the Dzone or in the neutral zone.
My understanding is that if Boro hits the puck in the neutral zone and Chabot plays it ... vs bouncing off his skate .,. it would be blown dead as a hand pass. If Boro played in in the Dzone .. it would not be a hand pass

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
On the first goal against
Does Chabot have to have control of the puck on his stick to be called a hand pass?

Someone knows the rule?
Boro hand passed it from within the D zone, so even if the ref deemed Chabot gained control of the puck (I don't think he ever did) it would not be blown dead for a hand pass.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Small sample size. What did people think of Shore?
Did we see something from Shore that clearly stood out in a good way? IE reason to be here

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Small sample size. What did people think of Shore?
Did we see something from Shore that clearly stood out in a good way? IE reason to be here

Good size, looks dependable, finishes his checks... will take more than 1 game to figure that out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad