Confirmed with Link: Lehner and Legwand to BUF for 21st overall

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
So, with this trade the 2015-2016 lineup looks like this, pending any other trades or whatever's:

MacArthur - Turris- Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Greening - Smith - Neil

Spare forwards: Puempel, Chiasson, and perhaps Condra

Our D will remain the same as last year:

Methot - Karlson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba

Spare D: Borowiecki, Phillips

Goal:
Anderson
Hammond

I am hoping for further changes to upgrade the 4th line and the defence.

Maclean is coming back?

Tee Lo

May 1, 2015
So, with this trade the 2015-2016 lineup looks like this, pending any other trades or whatever's:

Greening - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba

Goal:
Anderson
Hammond

No thanks.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree

Greening - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba

Goal:
Anderson
Hammond

You are missing Prince, Robinson and Derek Grant who I believe are no longer waiver exempt so it would make sense to keep some of them with the Sens. As the roster sits if BM wants to keep Lazar and Puempel here it would be at the risk of losing one or 2 players to waivers.... Prince, Grant or Robinson. If they have to keep 8 D and 2 goalies the most forwards they can keep here safe is 13. There are 15 on 1 way and/or who are not waiver exempt not including Lazar and Puempel.

Michalek - Pageau - Chiasson
Greening- Prince - Smith - D.Grant - Neil - Robinson

This doesn't include Condra or Wideman both ufa who they would have loved to keep nor Lazar and Puempel who are waiver exempt

The Sens need more picks or prospects for roster players to open some room for NHL ready guys. They didn't project well when they signed the Phillips and Neil extensions and the ufa Legwand (though the latter has been corrected).

I know it's a callous way of looking at it but if they can't find the right trading partner then rather than lose 2 younger guys they should try to give 2 way extensions for their Bingo RFA's named above and send Lazar, Puempel, Greening and probably D Grant to Bingo while they evaluate the others (e.g. Prince, Robinson or possibly Grant depending on space) while they are with the Sens.The 2 younger guys are waiver safe and the other 2 could get picked up but in the case of Greening it would be a good thing for him and the team. If the players they were evaluating at the NHL level don't cut it they could always risk putting them back on waivers and nothing is lost.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Lehner really strikes me as a boom or bust guy at this point. I expect one of the two teams to hate the trade in several years, but I have no idea who that will be.

The Bishop trade looks absolutely disastrous now.

Honestly, as much as it frightens me that we traded him within our division and he still has loads of potential, there are some obvious red flags with his game. His rebound control and the inability to track/see pucks aren't issues that can be swept under the rug. Many goalies never improve those areas of their game.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The Lehner will look good in sabres gear

I was in the Sens Store yesterday in the afternoon, after Lehner got dealt but before the draft. They had put out some game-used Lehner sticks out immediately after the trade.

Lehner's sticks literally say "THE LEHNER" as his name stamp. I have a pic somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

*EDIT*

Here:

NI7f09j.jpg

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Eddie Lack gets a 3rd and a 7th.

We were told Lack is better and has more value.

People didn't seem to know much about the lehner other than his concussion and underwhelming stats the last year.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Cosmix

Methot - Karlson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Borowiecki - Gryba

Spare D: Cowen, Phillips

I am hoping for further changes to the defence.

Fixed.

P.S. Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out Lehner! :popcorn:

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
People didn't seem to know much about the lehner other than his concussion and underwhelming stats the last year.

They also look at his mental weakness and realize that is basically set in stone.
He isn't the goalie of the future and I am glad we got something for him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Chiasson will play before Greening and Neil. If Condra is around, he will too. I don't know why you would think guys who barely played under Cameron take over from two regulars.

I hope they don't, but they do have contracts, so I listed them. So there is still some GM work to be done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad