Confirmed with Link: Lehner and Legwand to BUF for 21st overall

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Our prospect pool needed to be improved after having so many young players graduate to the pros. Having 4 picks in the first 2 rounds this year should do wonders.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Wow.

To get a first round pick plus get rid of the weight of the Legwand contract for Lehner?

Sorry, I'm a Lehner fan myself but this just makes all sorts of sense. Hate the interdivision trade but you gotta risk it if they're offering that.

Just loving it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Solid deal, excellent value considering the timing and circumstances of the goalie trade market right now. The market was flooded with avail goalies in Talbot and Lack, and we managed to score a good 1st round pick in a crazy-deep draft year.

Hopefully our scouts knock it out of the park with the 21st pick.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
YES. The Lehner experiment is over, he won't develop into a great goalie any time soon or at all and I couldn't be happier to see Legwand offloaded too.

Great work Bryan M!

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Risky trading Lehner within our division, BUT what a great return!

Shed cap space, which means we may be able to make a move for a guy like Erhoff in FA, plus we can probably keep Hoffman too.

Wow, 18, 21, 42 and 48

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lehner within our division. We are gluttons for punishment aren't we? Maybe their rebuild will be so catastrophic that he'll never reach his potential there. Sad day though, I really like Lehner, wish him well.

That first is nice though. Could potentially be a great player.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Solid deal.

Lehner is far from a sure thing. 21st in this draft will get a Ceci and Lazar level prospect. More room in the lineup with lazy Legwand gone. Opens up 5milish.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
For those of you who miss Lehner, just remember that Buffalo is really close and his rebounds travel very far, so its almost like he's still a part of us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad