LeBron speculation thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

There's not much out there and they have no money so I'm not sure exactly what he can do but still, he gone.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

There's not much out there and they have no money so I'm not sure exactly what he can do but still, he gone.

He complete his mission and bring the championship to the team. Question is can he complete same mission for Lakers?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He complete his mission and bring the championship to the team. Question is can he complete same mission for Lakers?
Nah, he doesn't make any kind of difference, remember?

LeBron doesn't make any kind of difference. He plays too much one-man show and Lakers can't adjust for that.

Too much one-man show. Reminds me of Allonzo Trier... If he did a better job of setting up Kevin Love the Cavs would have won.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Lakers its a much different story, CLE needed him to bring one home. But helping win one for the Lakers is just more special than doing it for any other team. He'll have quite the supporting cast with Lonzo, Ingram potentially PG13 or Cousin as well as Clarkson and Randle.

He's still going to work his ass off to try and get a 4th ring but yea doubt he wants to make anyone commit if he isn't 100% staying beyond 2018.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Especially if the Cavs win next year, LeBron will feel vindicated and complete what he set out to do. Now, he'll get to put restoring the Lakers glory to his legacy. More making one for the Clippers. I think the latter should be more appealing.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Especially if the Cavs win next year, LeBron will feel vindicated and complete what he set out to do. Now, he'll get to put restoring the Lakers glory to his legacy. More making one for the Clippers. I think the latter should be more appealing.
Seems like there is a conspiracy to keep the east inept.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

He is already vindicated after bringing home a sports championship for the first time in 52 years while also playing great in all three finals he's been in. He'd be joining the Lakers at a good time too with Lonzo, Randle and Ingram there, plus potentially PG13/Cousins.

I doubt he signs with the Clips. There was a small chance he would if CP3 had stayed there, but after he left there is pretty much no chance. They aren't going anywhere now and LeBron is too competitive to play for a team thats probably going no further than the second round every year. Even with Griffin & Jordan.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I just don't see the incentive in him joining the Lakers.

I could see him going back to Miami before heading out West. Why should he have to kill himself in that conference if he knows he's got a cakewalk to the NBA Finals staying in the East?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He has a good public image but you don't know who he is.

this is the most ridiculous post i've ever seen.

lebron james has been in the public eye since he was 15 years old, he is the most viewed athlete in the history of north american sports. to suggest that he could just be getting away with being a good person is absolutely bat **** crazy, when he's been in the public eye more than any other athlete ever for nearly 20 ****ing years.

even skip ****img baylee's can admit to lebron james being the perfect role model, your posts in this thread have been absolutely embarrassing.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I just don't see the incentive in him joining the Lakers.

I could see him going back to Miami before heading out West. Why should he have to kill himself in that conference if he knows he's got a cakewalk to the NBA Finals staying in the East?

Why would he sign in Miami after what Riley said about him? And after how Riley treated his close friend D-Wade (when he left for the Bulls)

In joining the Lakers he would play for the NBA's most prestigious team while potentially bringing them a championship, raising his profile even more. Plus he wouldn't be joining them the same way he joined the Heat and Cavs.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Why would he sign in Miami after what Riley said about him? And after how Riley treated his close friend D-Wade (when he left for the Bulls)

In joining the Lakers he would play for the NBA's most prestigious team while potentially bringing them a championship, raising his profile even more. Plus he wouldn't be joining them the same way he joined the Heat and Cavs.
How do you know? Once he gets there they could move out anyone and everyone to make it that they win it that year. Having such a young core with an aging vet in Lebron doesn't seem to be the way to win now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

:laugh:
After what Riley said about him? Are you forgetting what a certain Dan Gilbert said about LeBron James?

Regardless of what Riley said, I'll bet he has privately apologized to LeBron. Not only that, but I believe LeBron 100% trusts Pat Riley when a team is being built. How much faith can he have in Magic Johnson? It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see both James and Wade end up re-uniting in Miami next summer but with a much different supporting cast.

There is simply no incentive big enough for LeBron to leave the Eastern Conference and join the Lakers.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
:laugh:
After what Riley said about him? Are you forgetting what a certain Dan Gilbert said about LeBron James?

Regardless of what Riley said, I'll bet he has privately apologized to LeBron. Not only that, but I believe LeBron 100% trusts Pat Riley when a team is being built. How much faith can he have in Magic Johnson? It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see both James and Wade end up re-uniting in Miami next summer but with a much different supporting cast.

There is simply no incentive big enough for LeBron to leave the Eastern Conference and join the Lakers.

LeBron put his and Gilbert's beef aside so he could play at home and bring a championship home. He felt he owed Cleveland after what he did and he knew how much the city needed a championship, he was the best way to bring one home. he doesn't have the same loyalty to Miami, the Heat or Riley.

I also don't think he's as ring hungry anymore. Even if he matches or surpasses MJ in rings he would still be behind in a few departments including finals' records and so on.

There's a lot of incentives for him to join the Lakers. You just choose to brush them aside, which is fine, but don't color me shocked if he's a Laker in a year.

How do you know? Once he gets there they could move out anyone and everyone to make it that they win it that year. Having such a young core with an aging vet in Lebron doesn't seem to be the way to win now.

Well, if they do end up signing PG13 or Cousins, he'd have another star with him. He's also never joined a team with such a good young core & like I said, I don't think he's AS ring hungry anymore. Plus if he makes the finals he can show detractors that conferences are irrelevant to him.

Side note --- if he does sign there I can't wait for the various LaVar quotes. "In one year Lonzo got them the best player in the world" "LeBron came here to play with Lonzo!" "LeBron is passing the torch to Lonzo!"

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
LeBron put his and Gilbert's beef aside so he could play at home and bring a championship home. He felt he owed Cleveland after what he did and he knew how much the city needed a championship, he was the best way to bring one home. he doesn't have the same loyalty to Miami, the Heat or Riley.

I also don't think he's as ring hungry anymore. Even if he matches or surpasses MJ in rings he would still be behind in a few departments including finals' records and so on.

There's a lot of incentives for him to join the Lakers. You just choose to brush them aside, which is fine, but don't color me shocked if he's a Laker in a year.

Sure, he put the beef aside to win a ring for Cleveland. That's exactly the point. He put the beef aside. If LeBron can do that with DAN GILBERT, he can easily, easily do it with Pat Riley. Someone who actually understands and appreciates the value of LeBron James.

I 100% believe he's ring hungry. The guy knows he needs to catch Jordan in order for the conversation to truly begin as to who the greatest of all time is. He's said it himself, he's chasing the ghost of Michael Jordan. The rings matter.

I don't choose to brush aside incentives to join the Lakers. There just aren't very many. His business ventures being in Los Angeles don't mean much right now because he will be able to focus on them a lot more once he retires and (likely) lives in L.A. full time. He doesn't need to do that now. That's why he has a management team. It just doesn't make sense basketball-wise for him to sign with the Lakers, or any team in the West for that matter unless it's a super team being formed. Don't get me wrong, if LeBron was able to sign in L.A. and bring Russell Westbrook and Paul George along with him, by all means go play with the Lakers. But I don't think that would happen. He's got a cakewalk in the Eastern Conference on the way to the NBA Finals, it's best to stay in the East and take your shot Finals after Finals to try and catch Jordan instead of going to war in a bloodbath vs San Antonio/Houston/OKC/Golden State

XLJ

Jan 4, 2010
Lol. I highly doubt Lebron is going to the West. He will have another cakewalk to the finals next year and year after that too. Probably a little scare tactic for Gilbert. His legacy is involved too. I don't think he wants to be known as a guy just moving from team 2 team every few years. He's top 5 of all time he is too good to be doing that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sure, he put the beef aside to win a ring for Cleveland. That's exactly the point. He put the beef aside. If LeBron can do that with DAN GILBERT, he can easily, easily do it with Pat Riley. Someone who actually understands and appreciates the value of LeBron James.

I 100% believe he's ring hungry. The guy knows he needs to catch Jordan in order for the conversation to truly begin as to who the greatest of all time is. He's said it himself, he's chasing the ghost of Michael Jordan. The rings matter.

I don't choose to brush aside incentives to join the Lakers. There just aren't very many. His business ventures being in Los Angeles don't mean much right now because he will be able to focus on them a lot more once he retires and (likely) lives in L.A. full time. He doesn't need to do that now. That's why he has a management team. It just doesn't make sense basketball-wise for him to sign with the Lakers, or any team in the West for that matter unless it's a super team being formed. Don't get me wrong, if LeBron was able to sign in L.A. and bring Russell Westbrook and Paul George along with him, by all means go play with the Lakers. But I don't think that would happen. He's got a cakewalk in the Eastern Conference on the way to the NBA Finals, it's best to stay in the East and take your shot Finals after Finals to try and catch Jordan instead of going to war in a bloodbath vs San Antonio/Houston/OKC/Golden State

He doesn't have any incentive to do that for Riley. Putting everything aside with Gilbert was for the sake of his hometown team. The team he started with and grew up watching. I'm sure he liked his four years in Miami but he doesn't have a reason to go back there and help Riles win the team a championship.

And he can have 6 rings all he wants but he'll still have a negative finals record with some bad performances mixed in there. Thats only half the debate with Jordan anyway. At this point, I don't see LBJ winning 2 more MVPs, a DPOY, more scoring titles etc.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If Lebron went to the West it could expose him

Yeah, I hardly doubt he signs in the West and risks losing to the Warriors in the WCF for the next few years

If he leaves Cleveland, I think he takes his talents to New York

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah, I hardly doubt he signs in the West and risks losing to the Warriors in the WCF for the next few years

If he leaves Cleveland, I think he takes his talents to New York
If he goes to the west he won't be taking games off to rest.

Irving came out and said he wants to be traded and reports were that Lebron wasn't happy about it.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Lebron turns 33 years old next year, he's not going to suddenly start playing all 82 games now that his athleticism is in decline, he was totally gassed in last year's finals

I also can't imagine him in the western conference, there is no team he can form that can really challenge the Warriors anywhere in the league so he needs to keep making the finals every year so he can have the "made it to x straight finals" continue to bolster his legacy, he'll go somewhere in the east if and when he leaves Cleveland again

My guesses are Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, or back to Miami

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad