LeBron speculation thread

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What about when it was reported how LeBron talked Kevin Love into agreeing to waive his no trade to play in Cleveland? You don't think LeBron told David Griffin to make sure it happens. I think that's as close to tampering you can get without it being proven true when you look at the NBA definition of it.

K-Love wanted out of Minnesota and LeBron told the Cavs he would not sign with them unless they acquired Love, Aldridge or Melo.

& still, is the league really going to subpoena players text messages and tap their phones just to get them for tampering? They know the players have cliques and close friends on other teams.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
K-Love wanted out of Minnesota and LeBron told the Cavs he would not sign with them unless they acquired Love, Aldridge or Melo.

& still, is the league really going to subpoena players text messages and tap their phones just to get them for tampering? They know the players have cliques and close friends on other teams.
I know that they can not fine players for tampering and I realize they all talk with each other.

In the end I just wonder is this report about LeBron going to the Warriors from someone in his inner circle or from someone working with the Warriors front office? If it's the latter and LeBron does sign with them you have to admit it could almost be tampering, because no NBA team should be talking about signing players who are currently under contract to other teams. If it was one of LeBron's friends you can say he should have kept his mouth quiet.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he's not going to the warriors

pretty sure he ends up in houston. i think the lakers are the only other team he'd consider

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I know that they can not fine players for tampering and I realize they all talk with each other.

In the end I just wonder is this report about LeBron going to the Warriors from someone in his inner circle or from someone working with the Warriors front office? If it's the latter and LeBron does sign with them you have to admit it could almost be tampering, because no NBA team should be talking about signing players who are currently under contract to other teams. If it was one of LeBron's friends you can say he should have kept his mouth quiet.

Saying you're open to talking with him is so far removed from actually discussing a contract. It isn't tampering at all.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Some think its a leak from LeBrons entourage trying to force Clevelands hand into trading the Nets pick for help. But LeBron is a goner if they don't win the title.

Its kinda funny tho cause exactly 2 years ago this time, the first report came out about the Warriors interest in signing KD.

pretty sure he ends up in houston. i think the lakers are the only other team he'd consider

CP3 would have sign for pennies on the dollar or they'd have to lose a lot of their depth in order to fit LeBron's salary. I can't see him taking a pay cut just to play with Harden & Paul.

Lakers would really help his legacy. if he managed to bring them another championship the respect people have for him would increase tenfold.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX

I wouldn't want him if I'm Houston. All he's done this year (more so than other years) is whine, cry, point fingers elsewhere. His defense is garbage. His "legacy" is getting tarnished more and more every day. The speculation about him going elsewhere is helping kill whatever's left of Cleveland. And I never, ever heard Jordan make the mumbling excuses he does, or say stuff like his team shouldn't be on national tv anymore.

Screw James and his legacy. Sick of his mug being on every sports page, when it doesn't deserve it most of the time or all the article is about is where he might go next. Retire already. If you won't play defense you're no good to anyone in this league.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
^ lmfao dumbest thing I've read since "Lauri is a franchise player".

Yeah. Watching him stand around looking at Rockets flying by him all night then listening to his post game comments just made me want to scream ooooh bring that guy to Houston asap lol.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah. Watching him stand around looking at Rockets flying by him all night then listening to his post game comments just made me want to scream ooooh bring that guy to Houston asap lol.
Yea if there's one player I would hate to have on my team, it's definitely LeBron James.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Yea if there's one player I would hate to have on my team, it's definitely LeBron James.

This isn't the LeBron of ten years ago, or five, or arguably even two. How far Houston goes this season is still up in the air, but they're 38-13. Almost neck and neck with GS who they've taken two of three from. With Paul and Harden both in the lineup they're something like a ridiculous 24-3. The moves they made this past offseason (besides Paul) were very good moves to shore up their deficiencies. Could they still lose in the playoffs to GS or even SA? Sure. But why shake up what's been working extremely well by plunging them into the latest hot "where is LeBron going next" nonsense?

Yeah, James is still one of the premier talents in the league. But as I said this isn't five years ago. His defense is getting worse daily. The times where he hustles back down the floor are getting fewer and fewer. And off the court arguably all his baggage has been the primary reason the Cavs are becoming a train wreck. He's been the de facto coach who has been driving their offseason decisions, then he points the finger at the people around him?

He should be embarrassed. Harden had an off night (5 for 16?) and Houston still won in James's house by 32. If they come close this postseason but fail, is getting a (will be) 34 year old James for a year or maybe two really worth what they'd give up in return? I dunno.

Reactions: Voight

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don't think the Cavs are as bad as they've shown. They will still make the playoffs easily and are still the team to beat. Playoff basketball is so different than the regular season.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
This isn't the LeBron of ten years ago, or five, or arguably even two. How far Houston goes this season is still up in the air, but they're 38-13. Almost neck and neck with GS who they've taken two of three from. With Paul and Harden both in the lineup they're something like a ridiculous 24-3. The moves they made this past offseason (besides Paul) were very good moves to shore up their deficiencies. Could they still lose in the playoffs to GS or even SA? Sure. But why shake up what's been working extremely well by plunging them into the latest hot "where is LeBron going next" nonsense?

Yeah, James is still one of the premier talents in the league. But as I said this isn't five years ago. His defense is getting worse daily. The times where he hustles back down the floor are getting fewer and fewer. And off the court arguably all his baggage has been the primary reason the Cavs are becoming a train wreck. He's been the de facto coach who has been driving their offseason decisions, then he points the finger at the people around him?

He should be embarrassed. Harden had an off night (5 for 16?) and Houston still won in James's house by 32. If they come close this postseason but fail, is getting a (will be) 34 year old James for a year or maybe two really worth what they'd give up in return? I dunno.
Getting the best player in the league will probably always be worth it. Put him on a good team like Houston and you'll see his great defense show. The Cavs are just a terrible, slow, and old on the defensive side of the ball. No amount of effort expended by LeBron can make up for that.

I really do want to see a Rockets/Warriors series. But if the Rockets don't win, how on earth is adding LeBron not an option? It's not like you're adding Melo post-2014. You're adding the player that was seen as the runner up MVP before this Cavs downslide, which I find hilarious that someone would blame on LeBron's "baggage". Where did he point the fingers at people around him?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I don’t expext anyone to beat the Warriors but they’ve got some good young pieces and cap space to add either George or Cousins... along with all the other appeals.

Where do you think he’ll go?

Could the Rockets afford him with Harden and Paul while still retaining Capela? They’d obviously have to dump Andersen and probably Gordon but that might be the best opportunity to beat the Warriors.

Spurs? Maybe.. I just can’t picture it.

The more I think about it, the more I have absolutely no idea. :laugh:
Not really thinking about where he will go. I just don't know about a Lakers team that would add LeBron and George. The roster makeup just seems a bit iffy.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don't think the Cavs are as bad as they've shown. They will still make the playoffs easily and are still the team to beat. Playoff basketball is so different than the regular season.

of course they will. still my pick to go to the finals

just trying to enjoy this rough stretch they're in

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This is a far point. Houston is the best or second best team in the league and while adding LeBron is a huge plus, they'd also have to strip their bench of key players like Gordon. It comes down to if CP3 & LeBron can play heavy minutes a night for the majority of the season while lacking any real help on the bench.

the problem with lebron is that when things start to get rough or don't go his way, he gives up. like we're seeing right now

The prima donna attitude is the one thing that gets on my nerves He expects the Cavs to trade the Nets pick for help but why on earth would they do that if he wont commit? They don't want to be left high and dry when he leaves like last time.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Saying you're open to talking with him is so far removed from actually discussing a contract. It isn't tampering at all.

I'm pretty sure tampering also involves discussing publicly your interest in a soon-to-be FA while they're still under contract

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's blame LeBron for everything season? He certainly isn't without blame and his effort level clearly isn't there on defense but he's not the problem. He has to do everything for that team and there's only so much he can do at the age of 33. He also doesn't have to give the Cavs a commitment if he doesn't want to. If Gilbert won't improve his team because he doesn't want to be left with nothing again then I don't really blame him either but LeBron doesn't owe him anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad