League signed Deal with Amazon for Behind the Scenes Series on 10-12 Star Players

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Just a random question is it in the players contract that they have to do a show like this or can they tell the league to go f*** themselves

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Love him or hate him - Brad Marchand is tailor made for this and one of the few players with the personality and humour to pull this off (on ice antics aside)
I feel like a Marchand episode would make a lot of haters like him. I know for sure he’s a nice family man, but unless I’m confusing him I think he also like flips houses or something in the summer to stay busy

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I feel like a Marchand episode would make a lot of haters like him. I know for sure he’s a nice family man, but unless I’m confusing him I think he also like flips houses or something in the summer to stay busy
He might be the most conflicting player in the league. Hell of a player, top tier troll but could do without the collection of dirty hits he’s thrown. Admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of Marchand the player but Brad Marchand the person is an absolute beauty and hilarious

Reactions: Summer Rose

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
My ideal List:

Matthews
Jack Hughes and Quinn Hughes (dual perspective in the offseason, dont care about Luke)
Brent Burns
Doughty
Vasilevsky who apparently lives like a russian Oligarch
Crosby in Montana
A player from the Rangers living in Manhattan.......... Zibinejad maybe?
JT "bozo" Miller
Malkin
Matthew Tkachuk
Kuzmeko living in thailand

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He's not a star at this point, so that probably won't happen, but Juraj Slafkovsky would be entertaining AF.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can't imagine a more boring series than one with a hockey player. It's extremely rare that these guys have any personality. Unless they get some Russians who somehow have more personality despite the general stereotype of Russians being stoic.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just a random question is it in the players contract that they have to do a show like this or can they tell the league to go f*** themselves

The players are most definitely going to be compensated for participating.

At first I cringed, but if it can be the same quality as Road to the Winter Classic or w/e the hell it was called that HBO had for a couple years, it should be a huge hit because that HBO show was great.

Netflix's Quarterback with Mariota, Mahomes and Cousins was really good I thought as well, was also cool to see how different it was for everyone, a regular starter like Cousins, the GOAT in Mahomes and a guy trying to stay in the league with Mariota.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
It's a good idea and I don't fault the league at all because this is what they've been criticized for not doing in the past.

I expect it'll be boring as shit though. Hockey players are a bunch of monotone ChatGPT robots with one standard factory setting.
Yeah, but that’s because they’ve faced a lot of adversity while giving it 110% and trying not to squeeze their sticks too tight.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Here is my actual prediction based on skills, diversity, and personality

McDavid
Matthews/Nylander
Panarin
Pastrnak
Robertson
Karlsson
1 Tkachuk brother
1 Hughes brother
Byfield
Caufield/Suzuki
Raymond/Seider
Aho
>no zegras

shit list

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Here is my actual prediction based on skills, diversity, and personality

McDavid
Matthews/Nylander
Panarin
Pastrnak
Robertson
Karlsson
1 Tkachuk brother
1 Hughes brother
Byfield
Caufield/Suzuki
Raymond/Seider
Aho

you don't think Bedard would be near the top of their wish list???

not happy to hear it's Amazon, would've preferred it be Netflix since they have a great track record with these types of productions. Drive To Survive is so good it made me interested in a whole other sport I never followed even for a minute in my life.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
you don't think Bedard would be near the top of their wish list???

not happy to hear it's Amazon, would've preferred it be Netflix since they have a great track record with these types of productions. Drive To Survive is so good it made me interested in a whole other sport I never followed even for a minute in my life.
That's a good call, Bedard should be on it

>no zegras

shit list
a 7 point player who is likely to get traded during the run of the show? I mean maybe they could have him for his girlfriend..

I am eagerly awaiting your list!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I like what hockey players do on the ice. Battle and play to win at the highest level.
I don't ask or expect them to entertain me off the ice.
They aren't movie stars, comedians, or musicians.
Whining the NHL doesn't promote their players is for groupies who should get a life.

You've averaged 10 comments per day over 8 an year span on an internet hockey forum where people discuss and argue about the sport with complete strangers, and you're critizing hockey fans looking for hockey related entertainment outside of actual hockey games as people who "should get a life".

You honestly can't make this shit up.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Really hope they got a majority of players with a personality. So many NHLers are dull. Some good potential players i think:

Panarin
J Hughes
Kucherov
Matthews
Ovechkin
Crosby
McDavid
Zegras
Pasta
Bedard
Mackinnon
Nylander
A Tkachuk brother
Marchand
Uhhh, I know he's the best player in the league but he's also about as fun as plain white bread unbuttered and untoasted.

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Hopefully they keep the McDavid stuff to the end of episodes so we can peacefully drift off to sleep watching the most boring man in the world stare at wallpaper or whatever it is the most boring man in the world does.
Ah yes, someone who spends their time writing 20K+ posts on an online forum accusing others of being BORING.
McDavid seems like a pretty intense and private guy; comes off guarded but intelligent in his interviews. No worse than the rest of the NHL interviews where they are coached to be as dull as possible.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Don't understand why so many people want the players to be clowns on camera for fun.

Like I hate to break reality to some of you but even if the best players had a great personality and were doing magic tricks off the ice for the press, your fantasy of the NHL having the next Michael Jordan still wouldn't come true. The NBA can't even replicate that, it's never going to happen for the NHL, like the "fetch" scene in Mean Girls, stop trying to make it happen, it's not gonna happen.

If you don't want to watch some elite, high end athletes, then don't watch. I'll give it a watch because I am curious how some of these guys prep for games, their mindset away from the rink etc. I think it'll be an interesting watch.

Same way I would be for the best track star in the world or I woudn't mind seeing something on Nikola Jokic from the NBA even though he has "no personality!".

I'd like to see Draisaitl be one of the featured players too.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Uhhh, I know he's the best player in the league but he's also about as fun as plain white bread unbuttered and untoasted.
Yes of course, but regardless of his personality, I think it would still be interesting to see how dedicated he is, and what he does to continuously stay at the top and how he pushes himself even more while bein at the top. Even with a boring personality, hes far from your average person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad