League signed Deal with Amazon for Behind the Scenes Series on 10-12 Star Players

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
It's a good idea and I don't fault the league at all because this is what they've been criticized for not doing in the past.

I expect it'll be boring as shit though. Hockey players are a bunch of monotone ChatGPT robots with one standard factory setting.

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Hopefully they have some good script writers for this behind the scenes show. A couple years ago I met former F1 Stefan Johansson at Lime Rock Track in Connecticut and he commented that F1’s “Drive to Survive” on Netflix (I have never seen it..got rid of that service a decade ago) was mostly scripted. Among other things, nowadays he manages IndyCar’s Scott Dixon
But almost any publicity is good, especially for a sport where players are covered with uniforms and masks (which are necessary).

But would it hurt to find a bench player or two..a marginal player..who bounces up and down between NHL and AHL? They might have some interesting perspectives different from a star.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
If they want this to really make a mark on the GP they really need to have auditions from each team, nominated by the players in the team. For example as a Canes fan Aho is the star player on the Canes but by far and away following Seth Jarvis would be 1000 times more entertaining.

So let team mates pick the best guy on the team to do this and don't worry about following around Sid, Ovie, McDavid, ect. Sure they are the best players in the league but you want to attract new fans strut out the most entertaining ones.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
It's a good idea and I don't fault the league at all because this is what they've been criticized for not doing in the past.

I expect it'll be boring as shit though. Hockey players are a bunch of monotone ChatGPT robots with one standard factory setting.
They should just have 10–12 episodes on Panarin and Bobby Ryan

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Here is my actual prediction based on skills, diversity, and personality

McDavid
Matthews/Nylander
Panarin
Pastrnak
Robertson
Karlsson
1 Tkachuk brother
1 Hughes brother
Byfield
Caufield/Suzuki
Raymond/Seider
Aho

Reactions: Dirty Sanchez

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Having a player from Arizona with everything going on would be great tv, but no way NHL would be willing to show that lol

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hopefully they have some good script writers for this behind the scenes show. A couple years ago I met former F1 Stefan Johansson at Lime Rock Track in Connecticut and he commented that F1’s “Drive to Survive” on Netflix (I have never seen it..got rid of that service a decade ago) was mostly scripted. Among other things, nowadays he manages IndyCar’s Scott Dixon
But almost any publicity is good, especially for a sport where players are covered with uniforms and masks (which are necessary).

But would it hurt to find a bench player or two..a marginal player..who bounces up and down between NHL and AHL? They might have some interesting perspectives different from a star.

Great model to follow, teams would never allow that much access, unfortunately. It’d be fantastic to see behind-the-scenes after a big loss, but that’s asking a lot. I assume the scripted part is kinda the personalities/interviews? I’d think the race reactions are pretty real, with room to write some rivalries and such in the interviews.

I’d rather shit on my hands and clap than watch McDavid in one of those… lol

How have I not heard this before? Absolutely using that disgusting line, I giggled.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Hopefully it's a long the lines of Full Swing on Netflix.
You get a better idea of the players' personalities and some of the off-ice things they have to deal with. Family, injury, etc.

Reactions: J T Money and DaveG

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019

drive to survive just follows the races and each episode focus on what specific drivers did etc. can’t script a f1 race. They do have a bunch of sit down interviews talking about the races, but that’s more an interview. And no reality tv type scripting going on.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
NHL players are so vanilla so I don't know how much juicy shit we gonna get out of this but its good marketing for the league so that's a plus

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad