League signed Deal with Amazon for Behind the Scenes Series on 10-12 Star Players

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
NHL players are so vanilla so I don't know how much juicy shit we gonna get out of this but its good marketing for the league so that's a plus
YouTube is full of the AHL chirp videos. Hilarious and shows personality. Seems most are great at chirping. Then clam up when it’s any kind of news media.

Reactions: OVO16

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's a good idea and I don't fault the league at all because this is what they've been criticized for not doing in the past.

I expect it'll be boring as shit though. Hockey players are a bunch of monotone ChatGPT robots with one standard factory setting.
I like what hockey players do on the ice. Battle and play to win at the highest level.
I don't ask or expect them to entertain me off the ice.
They aren't movie stars, comedians, or musicians.
Whining the NHL doesn't promote their players is for groupies who should get a life.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Really hope they got a majority of players with a personality. So many NHLers are dull. Some good potential players i think:

Panarin
J Hughes
Kucherov
Matthews
Ovechkin
Crosby
McDavid
Zegras
Pasta
Bedard
Mackinnon
Nylander
A Tkachuk brother
Marchand

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
hmm interesting. hope they dont give an episode on Matthews, Marner and Nylander. would really prefer to not have any of Leafs players. they get enough attention already as it is and I think has already been on a Amazon show.

be cool to see this focus on star players on teams with low attendance and see if it rises in the seasons it follows.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
It's a good idea and I don't fault the league at all because this is what they've been criticized for not doing in the past.

I expect it'll be boring as shit though. Hockey players are a bunch of monotone ChatGPT robots with one standard factory setting.
Not just Hockey Players, almost all athletes in any sport (except the X games athletes - they are usually very uninhibited- something about their altered states).

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
drive to survive just follows the races and each episode focus on what specific drivers did etc. can’t script a f1 race. They do have a bunch of sit down interviews talking about the races, but that’s more an interview. And no reality tv type scripting going on.
They do edit in voice lines to clips from different incidents to manufacture fake drama.

Reactions: Canadienna

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
drive to survive just follows the races and each episode focus on what specific drivers did etc. can’t script a f1 race. They do have a bunch of sit down interviews talking about the races, but that’s more an interview. And no reality tv type scripting going on.
I mean the racing part yeah, but the off-track stuff what what they decide to edit in/out is the part that's scripted AF. Take season 1 alone, a lot of the stuff they made out as a beef between Ricciardo and Verstappen was nothing of the sort and Max rightly called out Netflix about it.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Pavelski would be another interesting one, or some star on his last legs that plays for a good team and is still a good player

And how did I forget Ovechkin

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hopefully they have some good script writers for this behind the scenes show. A couple years ago I met former F1 Stefan Johansson at Lime Rock Track in Connecticut and he commented that F1’s “Drive to Survive” on Netflix (I have never seen it..got rid of that service a decade ago) was mostly scripted. Among other things, nowadays he manages IndyCar’s Scott Dixon
But almost any publicity is good, especially for a sport where players are covered with uniforms and masks (which are necessary).

But would it hurt to find a bench player or two..a marginal player..who bounces up and down between NHL and AHL? They might have some interesting perspectives different from a star.

Yeah what everyone wants is a documentary on Dominic Toninato! ;)

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Why not throw a ref in for good measure and a different point of view of the game? Wes McCauley would be awesome and is a great personality guy

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad