Post-Game Talk: Leafs win!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
You don't know that and also, does it matter how much it hurt? They don't ask players how much something hurt before calling penalties. He hit him in the head with the butt end of the stick, that cannot be argued.
What penalty could you actually call? I mean surely you couldnt call it roughing could you? Theres a difference between hitting him in the head and tapping him in the head

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I would Martin in the line up for a regular season game following that but since its playoffs, Babs should order every leaf to dump and chase on Chara for every shift and hit him.

This guy looked like he was going to snap yesterday. One ant on me personally isn't a big deal but when i step in to a nest i run like hell ;))

I had to walk away from the game in the third period. I couldn't watch for like 10 minutes i was that confused by the reffing.

Owwwweeeeee though we won lol

I think the players have some motivation and momentum going in to game 6 after that despicable display of corruption with refs.

It just doesn't add up in any way that it was called fairly or professionally.

I bet Lou is on the phone to the Nhl this morning and hopefully these guys get reprimanded and tjis is their last setirs this playoffs.

Still great motivator for our players and i am so glad they were really cool in not saying anything coarse about the officiating.

In the room they are definitely cursing them upside down.

We need to just go out and out skill them and out skate them next game though.

Playoffs are so darn intense, i like it.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Worst thing is Bruins fans act like they were the better team... It's almost like when a team spends nearly an entire period short handed, and a bunch of guys don't get to play, momentum shifts as their best players get a ton of ice and ours sit watching.

It would be improbable to come back but my got I hope we do. Kill any BS about 2013, get the main boards off of the Leafs for being a paper tiger, and most of all, stick it to the Bruins fanbase which has to be the worst in teh league.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Our Leafs historically are 1-14 over 15 series when they were in 3-1 down position.

1 down and 2 to go.

Odds.jpg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
As long as the refs don't screw us over again and we don't get horrible luck, I think we win the series

We have to have some luck go our way. If there are hockey gods out there, we deserve some bounces.

I don't know if we win or not, but I want another Game 7. Lots of positives heading into Game 6. Babcock finally understand the strength of this team...lets just hope he doesn't revert back to his comfort lines and cost us the series.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Gonna repeat what I said before game 5: forget anything but the next game. It's just one home game. Worry about the next game after that. It's just one game and it's an even series. If you told me we'd have that opportunity after Thursday's loss, I'd be very pleased. And if the team that played last night shows up to start (on time!) tomorrow, I fully expect a win.

Win or lose though, the Leafs have shown up to play now and I won't be ashamed no matter what at this point.

toasterart

Mar 31, 2015
That was the worst call of the game. The Leafs were winning big and wanted no part of it. The Bruins were gooning it up try to kick start things. Hyman had no choice Backes mauled him. Then Chara came in and punched Gardiner in the face and gave him another shot. The Leafs should have had a 4 min powerplay or a 2 man advantage or however they do that. Gardiner was screwed by those awful refs.

Backes 4 min, Hyman 2 min and Chara 2 mins would have been the correct call.
- and then the next two calls against the Leafs wouldn't have likely even happened, as we would have spent that time on the powerplay

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
One thing to remember there are only two outcomes after a game five...

Either 3 games to 2 OR 4 games to 1.

Every series that went 6 or 7 games were 3:2 after game 5.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Its series.

The Leafs are 1-14, all time, when down 3-1 in a series.

That means - they've only managed to come back once to win the series when theyve been down 3-1

The one they did come back was actually down 3-0 against the Wings.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The one they did come back was actually down 3-0 against the Wings.

That too in the SCF. Down 3-0 in the Finals and won 4-3. No other team in any other league ever accomplished that..

That's crazy.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We have to have some luck go our way. If there are hockey gods out there, we deserve some bounces.

I don't know if we win or not, but I want another Game 7. Lots of positives heading into Game 6. Babcock finally understand the strength of this team...lets just hope he doesn't revert back to his comfort lines and cost us the series.
yeah these lines worked very well for us. Promoting Johnsson to give him a real opportunity was great. Hopefully it continues to go well

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
How's that compare to the overall winning % of the home team?
The refs for that game had the 8th and 19th highest home winning percentages meaning that if the 35~ active refs, they're in the middle of the pack. Which is something that works against them seeing how lopsided the calls were.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
In an effort make right the wrongs committed last night....

The NHL has announced that Jean-Pierre Hablouver and Mickey Bruinsky will get the call to officiate Game 6 at the ACC.

uughh. I want Wes McCauley. He's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad