Post-Game Talk: Leafs win!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Anyone else feel like they need an extra day to recover before Game 6? I'm not talking about the Leafs... I mean just as fans. Not sure I can handle these tense elimination games so close together.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Anyone else feel like they need an extra day to recover before Game 6? I'm not talking about the Leafs... I mean just as fans. Not sure I can handle these tense elimination games so close together.

no word of a lie, i have been calm and composed this entire series, up until we had that 5 on 3. Now i am a walking bundle of nerves.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
What penalty could you actually call? I mean surely you couldnt call it roughing could you? Theres a difference between hitting him in the head and tapping him in the head

You seem to be stuck on the severity. There is zero reason for any player to be aiming for heads.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The one they did come back was actually down 3-0 against the Wings.

It was also 76 years ago, if I read that correctly. Crazy stuff. The odds are definitely against us but the Leafs can play with the best teams in the league on any given day.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
The funny thing is, one Boston fan in the main board thinks there should have been 3 more penalties on the Leafs in the last 10 minutes, to make it 9-1 for the game. Okayyy...

HockeyMad68

Oct 14, 2017
Good news moving forward, with all these focus on the refereeing, you can bet the Leafs have complained, and the league office is reviewing things intently. Should bode well for Game 6, all eyes will be on the officiating.

I hope your right. They could just sad easily call everything and slow the flow of the game. I love the pace this series

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
The first half of the game they were letting them play as was done in games 3 and 4...Once it became 4-1 suddenly plays that were let go throughout the first half 'both ways' became penalties 'one way' ...The inconsistencies are infuriating and veteran game-managers ( some people call them referees) should know better.

Reactions: dsred and ToMaLe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I wonder if Rask will rebound due to getting pulled, or if his confidence is shaken. We really don't want him to get into the form he had in game 4 again

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
We can definitely win Game 6 at home.

Game 7 in Boston however... Let's just get there and see what this team has.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
You seem to be stuck on the severity. There is zero reason for any player to be aiming for heads.
Your right i am, i just dont know what penalty can you even call. There was even someone calling for a suspension lmao. That play was just marchand trying to be annoying. I dont want anyone taking shots at marner but if marchand gets suspended for that then marner should get suspended for slashing marchand on the shin pad in retaliation... See what i mean

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015
Character win. Do the Leafs have the ability to beat bias reffing for the rest of the series let alone the rest of the playoffs? I seriously doubt it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Your right i am, i just dont know what penalty can you even call. There was even someone calling for a suspension lmao. That play was just marchand trying to be annoying. I dont want anyone taking shots at marner but if marchand gets suspended for that then marner should get suspended for slashing marchand on the shin pad in retaliation... See what i mean
what do you think is more severe, a head injury or a shin injury?

Reactions: dsred

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
what do you think is more severe, a head injury or a shin injury?
Dude, there is ZERO chance marner gets a head injury from that like wtf. Go watch the video again. Cant believe im arguing this but i dont think any human would get a concussion from that. That was the softest "punch to the head" ive ever seen. Why not complain about chara actually punching gardner in the face that im sure was something that gardner could have at least felt.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Having thought about it, I think there were only 3 penalties I didn't understand

First: Gardiner's roughing... Chara was just as involved if not moreso.
Second: Andreas Johnsson's hooking... I mean, Pastrnak just fell to his knees the second he felt contact. League should send Pasta a diving fine there
Third: Travis Dermott holding... Boston gets away with that **** all the time, and until then, refs had let that stuff go all series.

Rest were our fault, and still 4 penalties too many.
So Marner deserves a penalty because a player tripped over him?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yes it was look at the video in this thread for proof. Even the announcer said so
You mean the incorrect video and replay shown on TV that was later corrected in this thread?

There's a clip of the already broken stick and Nash dropping it (hand/penalty has already occurred) and another where Bozak slashes Nash on the hands during the shot causing the stick to break. Its a second or so before the close up on Nash dropping the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad