Post-Game Talk: Leafs win again, 6-3 over Detroit

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs are 6-1. McElhinney didn't have the greatest of nights but he made some saves.

Still not comfortable with him in net but I know that the Leafs have a lot of talent and can overcome a bad goalie performance on most nights.

We're 6-1 with a team SV% close to .875.

Reactions: Max Money

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
6 goals. 6 wins. Ho-Hum. Not the prettiest performance tonight from the Leafs but second night of a back-to-back, backup goalie in net, against a team that has been good thus far this year and they got the 2 points. So who cares about it being pretty. Detroit works hard but you can tell the talent just isn't there and they don't look to have much in the pipeline either. They may be thanking us for this L at the end of the year if it helps them get Dahlin.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Weird game it seems like we slept through the entire game, yet we scored 6 times :laugh: it's hard to get used to this much fire power.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not good news for Marner. Brown swaps lines and gets two goals in two games and the line is a positive plus minus over two games.

Marner is a team player. It's impossible for everyone to be at the top of their game at the same time. When someone slumps, Marner will pick it up.

He could have had a couple points tonight. I have nothing to complain about Marner. It's not like we're Montreal who is putting one of their few good players on the fourth line. Leafs have so much talent that someone really good is going to have to play on that fourth line all year long.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Feels good, man.

Attachments

• WeDaBest.png
    WeDaBest.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 18

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Rielly is quietly a ppg at the moment. The offence is starting to come for him.
He's looking better and better. Tonight he was very confident, I think he is finally putting it together. Hainsey has been a great complement to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad