Post-Game Talk: Leafs win again, 6-3 over Detroit

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
so far the best teams we've played were Washington and Chicago and we outplayed them to the point of domination. The other teams we coasted through a large part of the games but still found a way to win (except for the Devils). We have a really special team here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Back to back wins - oooohhhh yeahhhhh....

McBackup made some huge saves. Didn't really like the wrap around goal he gave up to zetterberg; other than that he was pretty solid!

Also, didn't like so many high danger giveaways we had today; i will chalk it up to tiredness but we gotta be way better against ottawa.

Btw what was up with everyone falling on the ice today?

Reactions: MJ65

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Opportunistic game brought home the win, but I wouldn't say it was a good game to be honest. You're expected to be a bit on the receiving end of possession when you play with the lead, but it felt like Detroit really owned this game, except that we scored on our chances and they didn't.

Good job Nith

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
so far the best teams we've played were Washington and Chicago and we outplayed them to the point of domination. The other teams we coasted through a large part of the games but still found a way to win (except for the Devils). We have a really special team here

I thought the Devils were the scariest.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
some Detroit fans are real sore losers going by their board. We emptied the tank yesterday against a real opponent and played our backup. Obviously we weren't playing our best game and we still lit them up

Yup. Can't wait for the "but Leafs havent done anything significant for the last 10 years". As if they're so ignorant to realize the same will very well be said about them in 5 years time.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I was at the game today and the atmosphere was amazing. Much better then years ago. Much less corporate guys and you can now tell during those hard years die hardy didn’t wanna pay the price to watch meh games middle of the week which is when the corporate seats helped out but now the real fans are coming back in and it’s great

Reactions: Kurtz

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

I feel that in NJ game we scored couple goals early and then thought the game was over. Good lesson for this young team. They played more complete games ever since.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Here is a picture of Brendan Shanahan and Lou Lamoriello watching tonight’s hockey game.

hnNsn9v.jpg

Shanny is like "nice game; boys are doing well..."

Lou: "giveaways!, should I trade that guy?"

Reactions: Speed Metal and Eb

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Who would have guessed Vegas would have been 5 and 1...

But... but... but they snatched all good players from all 30 teams... and got paid not to get even more good players and then got lesser, but still very good players from those stupid teams that paid them in first place not to take any good player. :D

:partytime:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
+/- is a useless stat overall because players on good teams have good numbers and players on bad teams have bad +/- but it’s nice to see three Leafs at the top of that table. Usually if you want to find a Leafs on a +/- chart, you start from the last page...

Matthews, Nylander, Zaitsev +10. Makes sense because they have hardly given up anything when they are on the ice.

Tells you that the Leafs have made the transition into a good team.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What was the title before?

I had it as

“This is getting boring now! Leafs win again, 6-3 over Detroit”.

I didn’t think people would think it was ACTUALLY boring, and that it was more of a cheeky thing

:dunno:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Andersen didn't do much tonight.

That is just not true at all.

Freddie:
  • Kept the notes on FOs and Shots
  • Glove bumped the goal scorers 6 times
  • After the game went on the ice, skated toward Mc and congratulated him on the win
  • Saluted the fans

What more do you want? HF can sometimes be .................................................

:rant:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I love the people who try to downplay the significance of our 6-1 so far by saying garbage like "vegas is 5-1" yeah and they played the arizona lacklusters twice, the tire fire stars and buffalo during that time... quite comparable to playing the rags, hawks, canadians, caps and wings....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad