Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 6-2

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Timmins should play in almost every game from now till the end of the season. Leafs are not going to usurp Bruins and have locked in a PO spot. I don't really care about who gets home-ice, only about staying healthy. Alternate Brodie and Giordano every few games. Try out different D-D-combos.

I agree with you. We play back to backs again next Wednesday and Thursday. Maybe give Brodie one more game off on Wednesday and then rest Gio on Thursday?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well done boys, took advantage of team that can't skate or shoot with you

Solid win.

34 and 88 don't seem to be in sync, 34 can do it but too many little things going wrong with him that seem more like mental mistakes.

88 seems to have his head in the clouds a little lately, things were really happening for him, everything was just falling into place for him. He was working hard and it was really paying off, maybe it's just a matter of him dialing it up to 90 again. He'll be OK, I don't think there's any 10 game slumps coming g up for him, he's to good a player too allow it to happen.
How many beautiful setups by 88 has 34 missed on over the last few games? For a while everything was going in for this two and nothing for 16 and 91, now it's vice versa.

Maybe next week it will be verse vica.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Well done boys, took advantage of team that can't skate or shoot with you

Solid win.

34 and 88 don't seem to be in sync, 34 can do it but too many little things going wrong with him that seem more like mental mistakes.

88 seems to have his head in the clouds a little lately, things were really happening for him, everything was just falling into place for him. He was working hard and it was really paying off, maybe it's just a matter of him dialing it up to 90 again. He'll be OK, I don't think there's any 10 game slumps coming g up for him, he's to good a player too allow it to happen.

He missed a practice due to illness a few days ago.
As AC mentioned, seems to go through an illness each season.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Timmins should play in almost every game from now till the end of the season. Leafs are not going to usurp Bruins and have locked in a PO spot. I don't really care about who gets home-ice, only about staying healthy. Alternate Brodie and Giordano every few games. Try out different D-combos.

I like the back end with Timmins than without. Maybe if they're rotating Timmins, Gio, Holl in and out this can be justified on the basis of load management. But Timmins should be in 2/3 of every game if possible.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I like the back end with Timmins than without. Maybe if they're rotating Timmins, Gio, Holl in and out this can be justified on the basis of load management. But Timmins should be in 2/3 of every game if possible.
Do you think Timmins plays either this coming Wednesday against Nashville or Thursday against Detroit?

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Murray a bit shakey in the first period, but he fought off the jitters and was calm after.

Liked the way we hounded the net first 10 minutes. It really set the tone the rest of the night.

Marner is seeing the game on slo Mo.
Tavares digs deep
Matthews a threat all night and great backcheck
Willy was a bit quiet but has good plays on the puck.

Despite the mismatch in hits, I really liked how everyone pushed back physically in the game. More from our bottom 6 and D but it helped team moral when the flyers big boys were crushing us on the boards for a while.

Refs have the flyers a window for the first 2 periods and then said screw it… I’m calling this evenly now lol.

Great effort on a b2b. Both goalies need this!!

Go Leafs go!!!!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Good .. Leafs need to load manage some vets like Brodie and Gio down the stretch .. They have the depth they can leverage in these back to back situations.

It's good for the younger guys development to

Injuries happen so having good replacements who have played recently is a good idea later in the season

Reactions: Teeder Keon

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

I wonder if they ever go with 7 defense every now and then. Simmonds is done and Hunt I don't know. Don't really see that supposed toughness he brings.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Just my two cents - take it for what it's worth . . .

That was a terrible team with a terrible goalie, and we played "so-so" and won 6-2.

Nothing to brag about or remember - again, not trying to be Debbie Downer, just being realistic. Just from my eye test (of watching about 2/3 of the game).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just my two cents - take it for what it's worth . . .

That was a terrible team with a terrible goalie, and we played "so-so" and won 6-2.

Nothing to brag about or remember - again, not trying to be Debbie Downer, just being realistic. Just from my eye test (of watching about 2/3 of the game).

It was a bit of a North Division win but with only 2 goals against and on B2B on the road you take it and move on.

Reactions: slozo

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe TJ is the reason why Leafs been leaking goals, even when he first came back, both goalies sav percentage started to drop.

By the way, that was a joke.

Boys played good. Controlled the game ever since Philly got their second. The depth scored a few, which is great to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad