Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Panthers Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Low 2000s, never get in? That doesn't bode well for my 98000 spot on the Packers wait list hahaha maybe my grandkids grandkids will be Packers fans.
Not that I really know haha. I just feel like people pass it off to family members or friends when they get older and stop going, and rarely are they released to someone new. I could be totally wrong.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The line up we have now is the best we've ever had, they just have to play to their potential and they're winning the Cup - bad luck or injuries are the only outside factors that could stop us.
Also a guy in contention for the 3rd greatest player to ever play could stop us should we make the finals

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The line up we have now is the best we've ever had, they just have to play to their potential and they're winning the Cup - bad luck or injuries are the only outside factors that could stop us.

I agree but they need to start showing up. It's pretty obvious that their heads are not in it yet. Is it weak character that they don't impose themselves on other teams? Not sure but if that doesn't change it won't happen.

I think they will wake up and win it for the record. Vs Edmonton even.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I agree but they need to start showing up. It's pretty obvious that their heads are not in it yet. Is it weak character that they don't impose themselves on other teams? Not sure but if that doesn't change it won't happen.

I think they will wake up and win it for the record. Vs Edmonton even.

Yeah that's part of them playing to their potential and you're right about that, they have to show up on time and give a full 60 minute effort.

Also a guy in contention for the 3rd greatest player to ever play could stop us should we make the finals

Not overly worried about that. It will make for an entertaining finals though.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
I believe this about playing to our potential and what could stop us. I'll say it's the best roster I've seen for us.

Reactions: authentic

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Can we forget Dougie Gilmour and a team from 30 years ago already? This team has John Tavares who scored a series clinching OT winner, something Dougie have never did for us.

I'm tired of hearing those names and the past. This is 2023, 2nd round of the Playoffs and we have a freaking good team with many stars in the roster.
We have a great team with many stars that is almost unbeatable when it's firing on all cylinders. Maybe the most talented Leaf team in decades.

That doesn't mean fans should forget the legends of the past that they enjoyed watching when they were younger.

Maybe you'll understand in 25 years if someone says that about Matthews or Marner.

Last edited:

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Tell me we will not get Subban on our panel tomorrow. I have no idea who thinks this guy has talent. The worst panel I have ever seen is tonight's NJ / Carolina game

espn.jpg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tell me we will not get Subban on our panel tomorrow. I have no idea who thinks this guy has talent. The worst panel I have ever seen is tonight's NJ / Carolina game
He was on for Game one. Biz is funny on TNT and does a good job, but PK is awful. I wish that garbage network would leave Hockey alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: sxvnert

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
With the funky schedule in FL it might be hard to win 2 down there, so if they want to win the series, they better win tomorrow.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Keys to game 2.

1. Capitalize on your chances
2. Play better D.

Pretty simple to win this series.

I agree...Leafs forwards and Rielly could win games for them, they don't need McCabe to try to be a hero, just play defense.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I'm actually pretty nervous for this one. Almost more nervous than before game 2 Tampa.

Feels like a must win. It isn't, but starting to feel like it.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
What a weird argument to make when Gilmour was better than Tavares will ever be as a Leaf.

If they are able to write their own story, you'll hear about them more in the future.

What story did they write? They have won nothing yet people are still praising them 30 years after. It's just so weird that Mess wants a hero like Dougie when literally a few days ago our captain IN THE PRESENT have scored a series clinching OT goal.
Like come on. I'm just so freaking tired about hearing that team like they are heroes, that high stick and so on. Live in the goddamn present and appreciate todays team.

p.s.: I love Gilmour as well as Clark and appreciate what they did, but this mentallity about living in the past and still praising a team from 30 years ago which literally won nothing just like this team today is so sad.

Reactions: rocketman588

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Same thing as vs Tampa deal with forecheck win the game

We both gave up too many grade A chances but that favors us in general.

I didn't think Sammy was as bad as people are saying he made a lot of big saves early

What story did they write? They have won nothing yet people are still praising them 30 years after. It's just so weird that Mess wants a hero like Dougie when literally a few days ago our captain IN THE PRESENT have scored a series clinching OT goal.
Like come on. I'm just so freaking tired about hearing that team like they are heroes, that high stick and so on. Live in the goddamn present and appreciate todays team.

p.s.: I love Gilmour as well as Clark and appreciate what they did, but this mentallity about living in the past and still praising a team from 30 years ago which literally won nothing just like this team today is so sad.

To be fair to Mess, Dougie was pretty dope but your point is a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad