Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Panthers Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Outside of about 10 minutes, I thought the Leafs were the better team.

Might have to adjust the game plan a little to handle the Panthers only breakout play (flip it high and chase).

Fun game, should be a fun series.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Leafs played well enough to win. Didn’t think they played poorly. Didn’t think they played great. C game.. still almost won.

Matthews ripped a few shots over/wide of the net in the first and hit a post in the third.

Team needs to sacrifice and play in the hard to play in areas if they want to win. If they do that they should win easily.

Montour isn’t going to score at a 30% pace for the series and once this one line team cools off there isn’t much behind them.

No excuse not to outwork this team though. Enough with the pretty goals. Just put the puck in the net.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I absolutely loved the big hits the leafs were dishing out in the 1st game. It hopefully instilled in the panthers heads that if they're flying down the boards, there's a good chance they'l get crushed. However in order to make the hit, the players were sacrificing their positioning, which resulted in 2 goals against. Oh well if theres any game to lose but to instill that fear, game 1 was the time to do it.

Overall thought we played well and Bob played out of his mind.

i am going to be at this game! first time in my life i get to witness playoff hockey live. beyond excited

go leafs go!

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Gotta outwork the outworkable players and hit them with a wave of 60min pressure

We didn't look bad in gm1. Just not the team I expected to see ,after the weight vest was removed from rnd1.

Unlike TB. This team is ok with giving up chances...though Bob looks to be peaking. They have solid playoff guys upfront...but we gotta impose our will. Need guys like Jarnkrok, 4th line and depth D to make an impact too

Reactions: torontoblood

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
- Limit the stupid, self-inflicted errors
- Run 11-7 with Gus in the lineup. I think Giordano is cooked
- The stars need to produce, especially on the PP

Overall we should be okay unless Bobrovsky continues to be in Vezina form

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Just f***ing word hard. If we blow this series it’s because we didn’t work hard enough.

Zero excuse or reason to lose this series. We are much better then them

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Leafs need to blunt the aggressive forecheck of the panthers. The way they do that is the stretch pass which they made on several occasions. The problem is you need to score on those breakaways. They didn't do that therefore the panthers were embolded to continue with that attack. If we had scored on a couple of those chances they would have abandoned it.
The same problem haunts this team and it shouldn't for a high powered offense, they simply don't score enough goals when they get prime chances.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Matthew Tkachuk has been in beast in the playoffs, and Leafs need to focus a game plan on matching his offense or trying to keep him under check.

Last game 3 assists +2 and 9 hits and he is doing to the Leafs that he did to the Bruins.

Leafs need a real leader to take charge and will the Leafs on to victory. Who will be our Dougie Gilmour ?

Reactions: howlman and Jojalu

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Matthew Tkachuk has been in beast in the playoffs, and Leafs need to focus a game plan on matching his offense or trying to keep him under check.

Last game 3 assists +2 and 9 hits and he is doing to the Leafs that he did to the Bruins.

Leafs need a real leader to take charge and will the Leafs on to victory. Who will be our Dougie Gilmour ?
That takes heart, this team is devoid of that characteristic. Most talented team we've ever had but the heart and hate of losing doesn't exist. Too many money players!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Gio needs to come out, the guy is beat up and needs some rest and healing time, he's got no jump in his step atm

If the LW's don't start holding up KaDouche one of the LD's is going to get killed

TJ is struggling and he's been struggling for about a month, too many mental errors when they can't afford any at all! He needs to come out. I'm not sure what it is that's distracting him, but think about it, is Holl that much worse? Sure he had a brutal series v the Lightning, but he's had some rest and maybe whatever was bothering him is good to go again.

Knies again last night might have been the Leafs best player, he stays exactly where he is

I think other than Bobrovsky re-living his glory days the only thing that beat the Leafs in Game 1 was the Barkov line. I'm not sure where they're going to get it but the Leafs need somebody to win a few shifts against those guys and by that I mean outscore them, out hit them and outhustle them.

The Leafs finally got to the middle of the ice and into the crease but it was too late by that time. In game 2 they have to get there right off the bat, they have bang Bob around, press on him, invade his space crush the top of his catching hand when he covers a puck, whatever it takes, they have to give him something to think about other than just making saves.

Knies Matthews Nylander

Bunting Tavares Marner

Kerfoot O'Reilly Acciari

Aston-Reese Kampf Jarnkrok

and stick with it unless Will is drifting aimlessly in which case he trades places with Kerfoot

Reactions: ShameOnYouZidlicky

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
We have a seasonal ticket holder who are double agents :laugh:
1683133950848.png

they rooted for the bolts and they lost...sooo good omen? :laugh:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I absolutely loved the big hits the leafs were dishing out in the 1st game. It hopefully instilled in the panthers heads that if they're flying down the boards, there's a good chance they'l get crushed. However in order to make the hit, the players were sacrificing their positioning, which resulted in 2 goals against. Oh well if theres any game to lose but to instill that fear, game 1 was the time to do it.

Overall thought we played well and Bob played out of his mind.

i am going to be at this game! first time in my life i get to witness playoff hockey live. beyond excited

go leafs go!
have a blast and hope the boys win it for you!

Reactions: tom leafers

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
We have a seasonal ticket holder who are double agents :laugh:
View attachment 702386

they rooted for the bolts and they lost...sooo good omen? :laugh:
Someone posted a 3rd pic of this clown wearing a Coyotes jersey at a regular season game too. I dunno if I should call him a loser or not, on 1 hand he clearly has money :laugh: on the other hand he has no life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad