Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Panthers Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Matthew Tkachuk has been in beast in the playoffs, and Leafs need to focus a game plan on matching his offense or trying to keep him under check.

Last game 3 assists +2 and 9 hits and he is doing to the Leafs that he did to the Bruins.

Leafs need a real leader to take charge and will the Leafs on to victory. Who will be our Dougie Gilmour ?

Can we forget Dougie Gilmour and a team from 30 years ago already? This team has John Tavares who scored a series clinching OT winner, something Dougie have never did for us.

I'm tired of hearing those names and the past. This is 2023, 2nd round of the Playoffs and we have a freaking good team with many stars in the roster.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
After a comparatively slow, grinding series of attrition against the Bolts, they really just need to get their rhythm and reflexes attuned for a speedier squad like the Panthers.

Leafs will adjust to the higher tempo, I expect, and take the series handedly.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Can we forget Dougie Gilmour and a team from 30 years ago already? This team has John Tavares who scored a series clinching OT winner, something Dougie have never did for us.

I'm tired of hearing those names and the past. This is 2023, 2nd round of the Playoffs and we have a freaking good team with many stars in the roster.

The line up we have now is the best we've ever had, they just have to play to their potential and they're winning the Cup - bad luck or injuries are the only outside factors that could stop us.

Reactions: Brown Dog

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I feel like the leafs were stunned at how much more space they had compared to Tampa. They'll adjust for Game 2 and make Florida pay.
Nylander especially. He still created a lot of good chances but IMO could have definitely capitalized more on the space he was being given.

Marner had a quiet game, but Florida doesn't have the defensive chops to contain someone as good as Marner forever.

Reactions: mapleleafs34

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Nylander especially. He still created a lot of good chances but IMO could have definitely capitalized more on the space he was being given.

Marner had a quiet game, but Florida doesn't have the defensive chops to contain someone as good as Marner forever.

Oddly enough I like Marner better against a Tampa or Boston than Florida. He can’t dissect defenses and find seams in manufactured chaos if the defense never actually comes back and tries to defend against him. Nylander seems like a better fit for the open ice and counter attack opportunities Florida gives up.

Landing a perfect saucer through 3 defenders gives the recipient the element of surprise on a pass no one saw coming. If that same recipient is all alone with an open passing lane, all of a sudden that same pass is predictable and not as dangerous. Same as Matthews being more dangerous with 1 defender back than he is on a breakaway, you can’t rip a toe drag angle change shot through a guys skates if he isn’t there in the first place.

Last edited:

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
We have a seasonal ticket holder who are double agents :laugh:
View attachment 702386

they rooted for the bolts and they lost...sooo good omen? :laugh:
I can respect the troll job, this is a complete buy in troll job. But on that same note these guys are complete dorks. This is the biggest cry for attention I have seen in a long time. I cannot imagine they have many friends lol

I don't wish harm on anyone, even these 2. But these guys are incredibly lucky that SBA isn't somewhere like Boston, NY, Philly or any other major US market. They would get their lunch fed to them in the states lol. Wouldn't be surprised if they experience a bit more hostility next game now that the book is out on em'. TBH they're kind of asking for it at this point.

Aside from someone causing them major harm, they don't deserve to feel welcome in our barn IMO. If someone were to throw a hotdog at them I wouldn't be opposed to it

Reactions: Rob and ToneDog

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Big game here

Can’t go 2-0 down into florida

Need another game 2 performance like the tampa one

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I can respect the troll job, this is a complete buy in troll job. But on that same note these guys are complete dorks. This is the biggest cry for attention I have seen in a long time. I cannot imagine they have many friends lol

I don't wish harm on anyone, even these 2. But these guys are incredibly lucky that SBA isn't somewhere like Boston, NY, Philly or any other major US market. They would get their lunch fed to them in the states lol. Wouldn't be surprised if they experience a bit more hostility next game now that the book is out on em'. TBH they're kind of asking for it at this point.

Aside from someone causing them major harm, they don't deserve to feel welcome in our barn IMO. If someone were to throw a hotdog at them I wouldn't be opposed to it
They should be ridiculed endlessly by everyone sitting near them.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario

Yikes, looked like a father daughter enjoying life to me. I thought it was endearing and at worst a good way to get yourself some screen time for a laugh when you get home to your family.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

I kind of agree. Those teams had great runs but they never made a Cup Finals let alone won one.

It was however my first taste of the Leafs having any playoff success and it will always be special!

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Knies Matthews Marner
Bunting O'Reilly Nylander
Kerfoot Tavares Acciari
Lafferty Kampf Jarnkrok

Reactions: Budz

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
Need to force them to play our game, we can play the slow tempo game since we have adapted to it. Just force them to play that style of hockey. Grind them out.

The main thing to success is to create your own style of play from here on and stick to it. We can do it! Just depends on how long it takes for them to figure it out.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad