• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Lyubushkyn is our worst at -3.

Perry, Killorn, and Hedman are all -3.

Kucherov is -4.

Point is -6!

Vasilevskiy's 18 goals allowed is the most so far (Quick and Shesterkin have worse GAA).

Avs and Oilers each have one more goal.

Rocky Flintstone

Apr 20, 2022
Well, I turned off game 5 after the first, as it looked too much like game 4. Staying up till 1130 to watch a game like that is a big ask. Thankfully, they pulled through End it in Tampa boys. I fear a game 7.

Top guys had chances to shoot. They just didn't.
Too often it seems to me they wanted to get the puck to Mathews, and sacrificed a shot of their own.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Dubas will go before Keefe.

I'm not as much on the fire Dubas train as I am on the fire Keefe / hire Trotz train. Dubas is not perfect but he has made some really good hockey trades and good UFA signings, along with some stinkers but he better than any GM that we have had in the last 30 years (JFJ, Burke, Nonis), I excluded Lou as he was more like a guy brought in to clean up Nonis's mess.

Reactions: Le Cobra

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Kucherov is -4.

Point is -6!

Vasilevskiy's 18 goals allowed is the most so far (Quick and Shesterkin have worse GAA).

That's crazy about Hedman actually.

Seems to be getting a ton of praise and he is a Norris finalist but this series he has 7 points and he's -3

Kucherov has 7 points and -4. Also I notice it more and more but he's dives a lot and he's a dirty player.

Really hope Leafs do this in 6 to shut them all up finally.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The diving by Tampa has been eye opening and disappointing.

Between that and John Cooper's comments, I've lost a lot of respect for the Bolts.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
The prevailing narrative around the Matthews era Leafs is that they’re a horrible playoff team, but if you dive into it, that’s never been the case. Excluding weird pandemic years, we’ve continually gotten matched with the best teams in the league (peak Washington, Boston x2, Tampa Bay) and in each of those series we’ve been the better team, or at least an equal, for most of the series.

The *only* thing this team lacks is killer instinct when it comes to putting a stranglehold on a series or winning it outright - we’re something like 1-8 in the Matthews era in series when we’re leading. That’s THE only thing holding us back from multiple deep runs.

If history’s any indication, we’ll come out flat tomorrow and get smoked. And probably do the same in Game 7. Here’s hoping these guys can change this ****ing narrative!!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Kucherov is -4.

Point is -6!

Must be Tampa is scoring a lot on the power play

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
It is ridiculous how happy I feel after a win and bummed I feel after a loss.

I'm so happy today

The highs and lows are extreme, can't be healthy for my heart.

The worst is when we lose an elimination game. Last year was particularly bad.

Keefe, Austin, Mitch, John, William, Jack, and all.... please don't do this to me again. Please have mercy on this heart.

Please win

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That's crazy about Hedman actually.

Seems to be getting a ton of praise and he is a Norris finalist but this series he has 7 points and he's -3

Kucherov has 7 points and -4. Also I notice it more and more but he's dives a lot and he's a dirty player.

Really hope Leafs do this in 6 to shut them all up finally.
Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, and Killorn all have been on the PP for five goals for (Hedman for four), but also for two shorties. That makes them all a -2 right there.

Except for Stamkos they're all minus at even strength too.

Must be Tampa is scoring a lot on the power play
Plus giving up shorties. See above.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, and Killorn all have been on the PP for five goals for (Hedman for four), but also for two shorties. That makes them all a -2 right there.

Except for Stamkos they're all minus at even strength too.

Plus giving up shorties. See above.
At even-strength, we are significantly better than the Lightning, and I suspect most teams. Carolina and Colorado might be the exceptions.

The more 5-on-5 we get in game 6, the better our chances! #captainobvious

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
An interesting development - and also a lesson in ignoring small samples - is that in the regular season we were terrible 4v4 and TB was great, but yet we've outscored them 3-0 4v4 this series.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
When the guys believe in themselves, we tend to win. Boy I hope they can muster one more push - I know they can do it. It took a lot of guts to win game 5, these next games will be very stressful

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
At even-strength, we are significantly better than the Lightning, and I suspect most teams.
Precisely why Bettman and Sweeney told the refs to call the series tight.

Hilarious we are amongst the least penalized teams for an entire season and now we are the broad street bullies.

The diving by Tampa has been eye opening and disappointing.
That garbage dive on the Marner penalty needs a fine.

Reactions: wingman75

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Precisely why Bettman and Sweeney told the refs to call the series tight.

Hilarious we are amongst the least penalized teams for an entire season and now we are the broad street bullies.

That garbage dive on the Marner penalty needs a fine.
That's Tampa's style. Regular season they were second in the league in both penalties taken and penalties drawn. It makes sense - play on the edge and force the other team to do the same, and take advantage of a better powerplay.

(Except for Clifford's five and game, we have taken one minor more than Tampa.)

They really aren't beating us on the PP. They have 5 goals 5-4 and 1 goal 5-3, but have given up 2 goals shorthanded. Net PP goals: 4. We have 3 goals 5-4 and 1 goal 5-3. Net PP goals: 4.

Considering that we have taken seven more minutes in penalties, we're doing better than they are.

Reactions: GrizzLeaf

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Both teams have a net of four PP goals, and nine goals 5-on-5.

The difference is the 3 we have scored 4-on-4. Nylander has two if them, and assisted on the third, while Tavares has assisted on two.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Tampa's goals / points - Hedman playing great.

1652291797585.png

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Core-8

TBL ($58.5m): Point, Kucherov, Stamkos, Cirelli, Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, Vasilevskiy
TOR ($57.7m): Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Campbell

TBL: 7gls, 24pts, .880sv%
TOR: 13gls, 33pts, .895sv%

Reactions: willmma

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino