Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames | Dec. 9th, 2014 | 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
did you not see saturday's game? or the game before that? or the game before that?

he's been running 4 lines for the majority of the season.

Hmm, you mean Saturday's game where the Kadri line was matched up against the Sedin line. And where the Bozak line was continually (out)matched against Vancouver's 3rd and 4th lines? I don't remember the match-ups in the Devils game, but from the highlights the Bozak line was playing against Zubrus-Gomez-Brunner/Bernier. Not going to try to go back any further cuz I'm lazy :p:

My point is, Carlyle is still matching lines up almost religiously. Just because he now trusts the 4th line to match up against some opponent line (usually their 4th, with a few shifts against their 3rd) for ~6-7mins a game doesn't mean he isn't line matching. If he were rolling lines, then why was Kadri's line responsible for shutting down the Sedins? Imo, rolling lines means that you put out your most rested line regardless of who your opponent has on the ice (some exceptions are ok, like not putting out your 4th line against Crobsy's line for example).

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
Is Leo coming back tonight?

Doesn't look likely.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...-headaches-after-hard-hit-from-alex-ovechkin/

Though Komarov was technically cleared to skate — he had exerted himself on a bike earlier that morning without any issue, according to the team — symptoms had not completely gone away. After the skate last Thursday, Komarov reported to a Leafs trainer that he experienced concussion-type symptoms and his injury was officially listed as a concussion.

Since then, the team said on Monday that he has been told not to work out, ride the bike or exert himself

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River
Their GDT centers around "BAE", very little about the game or hockey itself.

You can tell Calgary is way behind the times when they are using a played out expression that was pathetic a couple years ago.

I think we beat them tonight to start their inevitable downward spiral to the basement of the western conference. No way their team can sustain this level of compete, they just aren't good enough.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Going by forums, they really seem to hate us out in Alberta. A dominant win would be nice. Remind the Flames fans of their recent woes and Feaster's hilarious run at GM.

Everyone ****ing hates us. We're lucky like that.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
burke_hair.jpg

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
What is "BAE" ?

"Before anyone else" weird expression and it's gotten popular to use lately for some unknown reason (was probably in a song that I've never heard). Used like "my BAE" as in my boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend/etc.

I'm only 21 and I hate all these dumb expressions used by my generation...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
"Before anyone else" weird expression and it's gotten popular to use lately for some unknown reason (was probably in a song that I've never heard). Used like "my BAE" as in my boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend/etc.

I'm only 21 and I hate all these dumb expressions used by my generation...

Thanks.

Not sure how that relates to hockey but agreed, it is dumb.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The leafs better be prepared to go 60 minutes tonight because Calgary just keeps working every shift. If the first line floats tonight we will get owned by the flames.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Do Giordano, Stajan, and Jooris score tonight? I bet at least one of them gets a goal. Those are the 3 GTA boys playing for the Flames out of the top of my head.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Flames are a hard working team than never seems to quit and Leafs blue collar players are going to need to show up for this one.

Go Leafs Go

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I love Komarov's playing style, but there are not very many players that can keep up that kind of game for a full season. Whether it be getting worn down or injured. I hope he rests up so we have him at full strength for the rest of the season.

I also don't mind seeing Reimer. Bernier wasn't able to go a full season last year without getting worn down by the end. Not every goalie is Schneider. We have to trust our back up from time to time.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Flames are a hard working team than never seems to quit and Leafs blue collar players are going to need to show up for this one.

Go Leafs Go

Komarov will be missed.

I'm not comfortable with any lead against the Flames right now in the third period

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Komarov will be missed.

I'm not comfortable with any lead against the Flames right now in the third period

Flames are rebuilding and playing at the Cap floor and have more points then our Leafs so we are actually the underdogs in this game.

Flames are doing it through hard work and no quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad