Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Komarov - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Santorelli
JVR - Holland - Clarkson
Winnik - Smith - Booth/Kozun/Panik

Switch up our top line (Tell JVR to fix his all around play, reward Kadri and Komarov for their good all around game) and give us 3 lines with at least one legit offensive force on each top 3 lines...

Also limit Kessel's time as much as possible, he's clearly hurting a lot...

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Komarov - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Santorelli
JVR - Holland - Clarkson
Winnik - Smith - Booth/Kozun/Panik

Switch up our top line (Tell JVR to fix his all around play, reward Kadri and Komarov for their good all around game) and give us 3 lines with at least one legit offensive force on each top 3 lines...

Also limit Kessel's time as much as possible, he's clearly hurting a lot...

I am not one to say it often, but I love that lineup ALOT.

I think I would move Winnik to center and roll with Booth-Panik on the wings.

Komarov-Kadri-Kessel (Has hustle, creativity and finish)
Lupul-Bozak-Santorelli (More than solid secondary line)
JvR-Holland-Clarkson (JvR and Holland should click, Clarkson can keep it simple - love this line)
Panik/Kozun-Winnik-Booth/Kozun (These guys are prove it players and will fight for mins, wear down other teams)

If only it were that easy.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Going by forums, they really seem to hate us out in Alberta. A dominant win would be nice. Remind the Flames fans of their recent woes and Feaster's hilarious run at GM.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Going by forums, they really seem to hate us out in Alberta. A dominant win would be nice. Remind the Flames fans of their recent woes and Feaster's hilarious run at GM.

Probably has to do with the clear abundance of us Leaf fans out here (there are a lot of us) .. But I can confirm, the Leafs are ridiculed almost as much as Edmonton is here in Calgary

A win tomorrow will make my life around the office a bit easier for awhile

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I am not one to say it often, but I love that lineup ALOT.

I think I would move Winnik to center and roll with Booth-Panik on the wings.

Komarov-Kadri-Kessel (Has hustle, creativity and finish)
Lupul-Bozak-Santorelli (More than solid secondary line)
JvR-Holland-Clarkson (JvR and Holland should click, Clarkson can keep it simple - love this line)
Panik/Kozun-Winnik-Booth/Kozun (These guys are prove it players and will fight for mins, wear down other teams)

If only it were that easy.
Yeah I'm alright with that, but if moving Winnik back to center isn't effective, Smith's been good enough in his stint to hold down the fort. Winnik + any 2 of Kozun, Booth, Smith, and Panic is fine with me.

AlexMo89

Sep 29, 2014
Wonder what the lines will be like...does Carlyle go with a shutdown line again or does he just role all 4 lines?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Wonder what the lines will be like...does Carlyle go with a shutdown line again or does he just role all 4 lines?

When has Carlyle ever rolled all 4 lines? He is known as a line matcher because he is always playing the match-up game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
When has Carlyle ever rolled all 4 lines? He is known as a line matcher because he is always playing the match-up game.

did you not see saturday's game? or the game before that? or the game before that?

he's been running 4 lines for the majority of the season.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I go Bernier, Reimer, Reimer Bernier

How about playing it by ear? A goalie is allowed to play on back-to-back nights. There is no requirement that makes your backup goalie play one game in a back-to-back scenario. If Bernier has another terrific game, why not go right back with him in Detroit?

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
incase people didnt know, even good players have off nights

does kane score every game? does towes get points every game?
what about crosby, ovi

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well, no.

He has been running 4 lines, more or less, since Booth came back from injury.

really?

what's our 4th line? i just figured, when Smith is on the ice - we have the 4th line on, and he's been playing for a bit.

i don't think it was that minute.. was it?

if so, then i stand corrected.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
How about playing it by ear? A goalie is allowed to play on back-to-back nights. There is no requirement that makes your backup goalie play one game in a back-to-back scenario. If Bernier has another terrific game, why not go right back with him in Detroit?

This. If we want Bernier's confidence to grow and for him to develop into an elite goalie, he needs to play some back to backs and have a starter's workload. Plenty of teams play their number 1's on back to backs and only throw their back ups in sparingly. I don't trust Reimer against any of the Flames, Wings, or Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad