Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames | Dec. 9th, 2014 | 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Flames are rebuilding and playing at the Cap floor and have more points then our Leafs so we are actually the underdogs in this game.

Flames are doing it through hard work and no quit.

Yup, they're a hell of a team to watch this year

I really don't have a good feeling about this game for the Leafs, to be honest :laugh:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Flames are rebuilding and playing at the Cap floor and have more points then our Leafs so we are actually the underdogs in this game.

And building properly. Not making crazy trades to try and speed things up

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yup, they're a hell of a team to watch this year

I really don't have a good feeling about this game for the Leafs, to be honest :laugh:

I doubt many do.

They surprised me in the Canuck game, maybe they will again.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

And bad possession numbers.

They will either be the Avalanche or the Maple Leafs of 2013-2014.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
And building properly. Not making crazy trades to try and speed things up

They've also kept some quality veterans to lead and insulate the younger ones: Gio, Hudler, Glencross, etc .. And I like how they went and solidified the goaltending for the time being with Hiller

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

Which is typically where we run into trouble

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
That's the other key part: Beware a 3rd period lead, they are definitely come back kids. I'd be more comfortable with a a 3-5 goal lead. We can do this.

What is our record when holding a lead after 2?

I also said that Van-Cal will be the most difficult part of this week.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Hard working, blue collar teams are the Leafs kryptonite.

Looking forward to seeing the Leafs get outworked and outhustled all across the ice as per usual

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Jay Feester takes the heat in Calgary by trading away all the overpriced under producing talent and makes way for a fresh start and then gets fired for it! Gotta love the hockey world - no loyalty.

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto

Looking forward to seeing the Leafs get outworked and outhustled all across the ice as per usual

2013/2014 Toronto vs. Columbus

03/03/2014 CBJ 2 @ TOR 1
25/11/2013 CBJ 6 @ TOR 0
25/10/2013 TOR 2 @ CBJ 5

Outscored 13-3 to go 0-3-0 against a hard-working team last season. Now, this year's Leafs seem to be a different team, so we'll see how it goes. However, this should be a good test for the boys.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Flames are certainly a Team to envy.
Young talent, hard working and run by one of the games top executives.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This Calgary team is top 5 in the league in scoring. They are 9th in the league overall and posters warning we better not take them lightly is funny to me. You would have to be living in a bubble to not have noticed these guys buzzing along.

They are in mostly every game and no lead is safe against them. Pretty impressive team actually.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
This thread needs more truculence . :laugh:

tyler_biggs_4.jpg

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
This Calgary team is top 5 in the league in scoring. They are 9th in the league overall and posters warning we better not take them lightly is funny to me. You would have to be living in a bubble to not have noticed these guys buzzing along.

They are in mostly every game and no lead is safe against them. Pretty impressive team actually.

Calgary inclusive, not team should be taken lightly by the Leafs. They've learned they can compete with top teams but they can also crap the bed against terrible teams.

Leafs need to take all opponents seriously.

Trae

Calgary
This will be the first time in my life I cheer against the Leafs. It's going to be very weird.

I won't be mad if the leafs win tho.

About 20 family members are heading to the game. Josh is pumped. Dream come true. Come home to play against the team you grew up cheering for. Pretty awesome

He was quoted as saying the Red Wings were his favourite team growing up.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

Yeah but usually these teams don't have a record like the Flames do. Plus, they beat freaking double kryptonite last game: Miller + Canucks. It will be interesting to see ex-Leafs play against us tonight... how good is Stajan?

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Going to my first ever Leafs (or any hockey game for that matter) tonight.

Hopefully the boys come out with a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad