Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames | Dec. 9th, 2014 | 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
This. If we want Bernier's confidence to grow and for him to develop into an elite goalie, he needs to play some back to backs and have a starter's workload. Plenty of teams play their number 1's on back to backs and only throw their back ups in sparingly. I don't trust Reimer against any of the Flames, Wings, or Kings.

It has been shown that starting goalies in back-to-backs have significantly less sv%. No starter starts in back-to-backs.

It's not like Bernier has played good in the past couple of games anyways.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It has been shown that starting goalies in back-to-backs have significantly less sv%. No starter starts in back-to-backs.

It's not like Bernier has played good in the past couple of games anyways.

Of course they do. If Bernier plays a terrific game, no reason why they shouldn't go right back to him. Reims has been very shaky this season.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think we just should just play Bernier on Tuesday and make a decision for Wednesday after the game. If Bernier wins with a 15 shot shut out... he'll probably be fine to play the next day. If we give up 40+ shots... probably best to give him a rest regardless of the score.

If Bernier plays well and doesn't have too big a workload... then we could consider starting him back to back... otherwise, just go with Reimer.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think we just should just play Bernier on Tuesday and make a decision for Wednesday after the game. If Bernier wins with a 15 shot shut out... he'll probably be fine to play the next day. If we give up 40+ shots... probably best to give him a rest regardless of the score.

If Bernier plays well and doesn't have too big a workload... then we could consider starting him back to back... otherwise, just go with Reimer.

I think I heard that Bernier was already confirmed as the starter for this game.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
pretty easy to steal a game your team scores five times in.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The preparation for this game is to work hard, and be prepared to fface your opponent who will work hard as well.

Beware the green lighted dmen.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Probably has to do with the clear abundance of us Leaf fans out here (there are a lot of us) .. But I can confirm, the Leafs are ridiculed almost as much as Edmonton is here in Calgary

A win tomorrow will make my life around the office a bit easier for awhile

Their GDT centers around "BAE", very little about the game or hockey itself.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Wat I meant is that if Bernier wasn't lights out Vancouver could have easily scored 4 or 5 . Goaltending was the difference in that game, where Miller blew chunks and Bernier was stellar

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

And yet, that shift when one of the Sedin sisters hit the post twice at 4-2, was the defining moment of the game.

They score one there, and the Leafs are in trouble.

Nothing was easy about that win - Bernier had it all to do.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Curious to see how many people miss the start of the game, choosing to watch the Beliveau program in Montreal instead.

Shame they are both scheduled at the same time.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Bernier plays everything but the 18 back to backs.

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
I'm not sure I understand the people saying Bernier should start the back to back games because some starters do so! Lol

Would you rather play Reimer in a few games or have Bernier played into the ground, get hurt (he's never played 65+ games in a season) and have last year happen all over again?

Come on people, get real. Goalies DO play back to back games...but not goalies that have already played 8 straight prior to the b2b...

yoss

May 25, 2011
7:30? I thought this game started at 4:20..

I'll show myself the door

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Curious to see how many people miss the start of the game, choosing to watch the Beliveau program in Montreal instead.

Personally, he means nothing to me. He retired 10+ years before I was even born. I don't mean it as disrespect, I am just saying why would I watch that ceremony instead of the start of this game?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

That's why God invented PVR's.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Also I really hope they don't play Bernier tonight ... I am going to the game tomorrow in Detroit .. II would like to see a W so I don't wanna see Reimer lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Also I really hope they don't play Bernier tonight ... I am going to the game tomorrow in Detroit .. II would like to see a W so I don't wanna see Reimer lol

I wouldn't bet on it.
I'm in the same boat Sunday hoping for Bernier.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012

Me too!

request-five.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad