Proposal: Leafs - Sabres

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
that doesnt answer my question and you didnt even mention Buffalo's players.

Hall and Ullmark are probably worth a 2nd each with small adds
5o% retention on a recent Hart winner and a starting goalie upgrade. You add a 2nd liner and starting goalie.

all for some magic bean picks and the non NHL Robertson brother. If it was his brother On Dallas, that’s another level of prospect.

the garbage north division has three awful teams and no one that can play a lick of D. Once the north winner is in the semi finals, they are in for a rude awakening.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Change 2021 1st to a 2022 1st. Change 2022 3rd to 2021 2nd. Change Hallander to Robertson.

J Anderson has zero value (pull him from the deal so Leafs keep). F Anderson has negative value.

A 1st, 2nd, top prospect and no cap dumps coming back for a UFA winger with 2 goals and a UFA goalie who don't typically have much value? Surely you can understand this is insanity.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
5o% retention on a recent Hart winner and a starting goalie upgrade. You add a 2nd liner and starting goalie.

all for some magic bean picks and the non NHL Robertson brother. If it was his brother On Dallas, that’s another level of prospect.

the garbage north division has three awful teams and no one that can play a lick of D. Once the north winner is in the semi finals, they are in for a rude awakening.
you are doing a great job straying away from the subject at hand, and shitting on everyone you can on the way.

you have said absolutely nothing of value in this thread. try harder

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
An AHL player and two picks outside the top 20 and you get to dump your injured overpaid goalie.

An AHL player? You mean a 19 year old prospect who scored 55 goals in 46 games in the OHL last season, and then has 10 points in 12 AHL games? Plus a playoff goal? He's not an AHLer he is a valuable asset.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
An AHL player? You mean a 19 year old prospect who scored 55 goals in 46 games in the OHL last season, and then has 10 points in 12 AHL games? Plus a playoff goal? He's not an AHLer he is a valuable asset.
i thought he meant Joey Anderson... i hope he meant Joey Anderson... i really hope but im scared im wrong

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Ulmark isn't available. He's the Sabres starting goalie and they don't have a replacement for him the next two years. I'd rather take a chance on re-signing him than trading him with the delusional expectation that he'll come back in the offseason after being traded

Trade value is fundamentally poor. Kick rocks

And no, the Sabres aren't tanking. They're playing through a season missing for extended periods their franchise center, shut down defenseman, starting goalie, backup goalie, secondary scorers, and also had a two week bout with COVID going through the entire team, and employing a nitwit incompetent coach
Why not get what u can and try to resign him or sign one of the other top goalies available?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Nope he just said he wanted to go just about anywhere but Buffalo.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Are we talking about the Hall that just said he would take a trade to literally anywhere?

He NEVER actually said it, but keep the narrative going... What he actually said, when asked about TDL was he was willing to accept a trade if approached - of course both he and his rep have also said on record they're interested in extending w BUF numerous times as well.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
So now we're going to pull back on the hyperbole.

Whether Buffalo fans want to accept it or not, the team's success or lack thereof absolutely has an impact on the value of its players.

I should know, I'm a Leafs fan and have seen some of our worst years ever. Nothing beats having an absolute garbage season and then seeing your fans suggest we trade our players away for way more than they are worth. The trades are almost always mediocre at best.

As for Hall, does it really matter how he said it? Most players give a non committal answer. Also it's not like he's a long time Sabre. That being said it wasn't that long ago that there was talk of him signing long term there. Either way a smart GM would absolutely trade Hall and if you want go hard after him again in free agency.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Sabres would be pretty crazy to lower the chance that they don't keep Ullmark by the offseason considering the goalies in the organization currently and he has been playing the best i've seen a goalie play for Buffalo in a long time.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
I cannot believe the amount of gassing up Ullmark is getting because of 15 games of solid play. A first round pick?!? Nick Robertson?! I mean cmon guys. Taylor Hall isn’t fetching a 1st in this market so Ullmark definitely isn’t. Get real

Reactions: SavageMatthews34

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I cannot believe the amount of gassing up Ullmark is getting because of 15 games of solid play. A first round pick?!? Nick Robertson?! I mean cmon guys. Taylor Hall isn’t fetching a 1st in this market so Ullmark definitely isn’t. Get real

Do they not have google in Canada? Ullmark's played over 100 NHL games and is rocking a career .913sv%

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Do they not have google in Canada? Ullmark's played over 100 NHL games and is rocking a career .913sv%
He's a UFA at the end of the season. Ullmark looks like a gamer to me. Either way though the Leafs or anyone isn't going to spend a 1st for a player who would be the back up and would most likely be gone by free agency.

SavageMatthews34

Nov 21, 2017
Man i can name a long list of goalies that have this on their resume. For one, the guy coming back in the proposed deal freddy andersen has a amazing resume.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
[mod] people are saying Hall - 50% and Ullmark for Robertson. Having said that, I have heard from a reliable friend that the Hall deal to Toronto is all but a forgone conclusion and includes a 1st with the Sabres sending a 3rd back. Personally I think that's terrible value and will be pissed if we trade anyone to the Leafs. Even that first will end up around #28 after they breeze through the AHL North.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
[mod] people are saying Hall - 50% and Ullmark for Robertson. Having said that, I have heard from a reliable friend that the Hall deal to Toronto is all but a forgone conclusion and includes a 1st with the Sabres sending a 3rd back. Personally I think that's terrible value and will be pissed if we trade anyone to the Leafs. Even that first will end up around #28 after they breeze through the AHL North.
The AHL north has Rochester, Utica, Leigh Valley, Syrcuse, Hershey ect. Even if Sabres could send Hall to Rochester in the AHL north it won't give them a draft pick. They may not have any playoffs this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I'd rather keep Ullmark than Andersen. Not because Andersen isn't a higher rated goalie, but he's not going to re-sign in Buffalo and we've seen Ullmark become a somewhat stable force here. He's worth keeping. The rest of the trade makes some sense. Not a fan of Anderson though, he seems like a Lazar retread.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00