Proposal: Leafs - Sabres

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Who said Ullmark was leaving besides you and your Nostradums-like opinion? If only all of us could predict the future as accurately as you think you can, then we'd all be trillionaires
There's no way anyone actually wants to sign with the Sabres.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I think the conditions are approaching. The biggest one are for their young core to mature. It's better than it's ever been during this rebuild but key members haven't put it together. Middlestat and of course Dahlin. Cozens. Maybe next year is still too early.

I bet Ullmark knows this too. I bet he re signs.
I bet he resigns if they give him double his worth.
Otherwise..... no chance.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Hall has negative value even at 50%. I wouldn't trade 1st for him. Maybe a 2nd + prospect for Ullmark

Hall at 50% as a pending UFA is like a 1.8 million cap hit at this point of the season. Saying that’s negative value is about the most moronic thing I’ve ever read on this board.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Hall at 50% as a pending UFA is like a 1.8 million cap hit at this point. Saying that’s negative value is about the most moronic thing I’ve ever read on this board.
ever? you must be new :sarcasm:

not sure how that stuff works, but its really down to 1.8 from 4?

either way im not trading a 1st for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Did you actually just call a 4M Taylor Hall negative value? Leafs fans are something else man
To be fair, majority of leaf fans are fine... but there is a good chunk them that make obnoxious comments like that all over the trade forums and kinda ruins the trade boards for the rest of the leaf fans that actually want to have discussions.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
ever? you must be new :sarcasm:

not sure how that stuff works, but its really down to 1.8 from 4?

either way im not trading a 1st for him.

Wasn’t responding to the 1st pick. That’s a huge just from a player is negative value to not worth a 1st rounder. I agree with your earlier a 2nd + prospect.

Reactions: CatchyTune

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hall and Ullmark aren’t going to be in the same trade.

to even pry Ullmark would cost a 1st+

With Hall at 50%, he can get a 1st from certain playoff teams. If it’s a 2nd thrn anED exempt top prospect woukd be coming back.

Reactions: Sabresmp

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I'm not sure what the Sabres will do, but if they trade Ullmark, you have to hope for their sake they have another decent alternative lined up. From what I've seen from him and what I've heard, he's been a pretty decent tender even on a team that has been not very good.

So, there could be some reluctance on the part of Sabre's management not to let Ullmark go unless they are fairly certain he won't resign with them.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Hall and Ullmark aren’t going to be in the same trade.

to even pry Ullmark would cost a 1st+

With Hall at 50%, he can get a 1st from certain playoff teams. If it’s a 2nd thrn anED exempt top prospect woukd be coming back.
you are asking a 1st+ for a rental goalie? quite a bit steep, would be shocked if that happened.

and unless your definition of "top prospect" stretches further than mine, you arent getting that either. a 1st is more likely and i dont even know if that happens.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I dont want Hall. At all.

i'll take Ullmark though, he isnt at the top of my goalie target list but he would be a good option to platoon with Campbell.

i wouldnt trade a 1st for him as a rental though. i would do a 2nd+, tops. and/or just look at him in UFA.
shot up already why would you give up a a 2nd and a top prospect for ullmark, boy i am glad your not the gm of the leafs maybe your dubass brother, give up already ullmark is not worth a 4th round pick.....

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Toronto: Taylor Hall (50% Retained), Linus Ullmark

To Buffalo: 2021 1st Rounder, 2022 3rd Conditional (Changes to 2nd if Leafs advance out of North Div), Freddy Andersen, Filip Hallander, Joey Anderson.

Leafs Lines:

Hyman Matthews Marner
Hall Tavares Nylander
Engvall Kerfoot Mikheyev
Thornton Spezza Simmonds
Galchenyuk

Reilly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Dermott Bogosian
Sandin

Campbell Ullmark
Change 2021 1st to a 2022 1st. Change 2022 3rd to 2021 2nd. Change Hallander to Robertson.

J Anderson has zero value (pull him from the deal so Leafs keep). F Anderson has negative value.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Change 2021 1st to a 2022 1st. Change 2022 3rd to 2021 2nd. Change Hallander to Robertson.

J Anderson has zero value (pull him from the deal so Leafs keep). F Anderson has negative value.
neutral-face.png

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
To Toronto: Taylor Hall (50% Retained), Linus Ullmark

To Buffalo: 2021 1st Rounder, 2022 3rd Conditional (Changes to 2nd if Leafs advance out of North Div), Freddy Andersen, Filip Hallander, Joey Anderson.

Leafs Lines:

Hyman Matthews Marner
Hall Tavares Nylander
Engvall Kerfoot Mikheyev
Thornton Spezza Simmonds
Galchenyuk

Reilly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Dermott Bogosian
Sandin

Campbell Ullmark
That's the first ever Leafs trade proposal that DIDNT include Kerfoot.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Ullmark should not get moved unless it's a 1st (and even then I'd be hesitant). 7-5-3 with him, 1-18-3 without. Trade him and the team goes on another losing spree which will destroy team morale, and it reduces the likelihood of him re-signing. That's not worth a 2nd round pick.

Hall you can have for a 2nd + 3rd IMO. Guy just isn't very good at this point, maybe he's mentally checked out. He still has speed at least.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
An AHL player and two picks outside the top 20 and you get to dump your injured overpaid goalie.
that doesnt answer my question and you didnt even mention Buffalo's players.

Hall and Ullmark are probably worth a 2nd each with small adds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad