Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Feel sorry for the guys who sacrificed their bodies for 7 games for peanuts. Benoit with 37 hits in te series, Nylander with 32 for the season.

Will be refreshing not having to read toxic posts from Paul Marner.
i'll never blame Nylander at least he took hits to make plays and scored big goals, while coming back from something that he said was making him lose his vision. Willy played 4 games and had more impact on the whole series than Marner; what a joke

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Rielly has never been a 1d so not sure why you are surprised? Especially when he has played like a 6d this entire series.
He played much better in last years playoffs .. he was da reason we advanced .. and until his suspension he was playing well this year .. after his 5 games he looked like dog sh*t .. and in game 7 when we needed him he cost us series .. I am done with him now .. he needs to be part of exit plan

Reactions: Al14 and hockeyes

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
My question is, in this day and age, what is the motivation for a punk, spoiled kid making $10 million a year to actually care? You have to be a special individual or effing nuts. Unfortunately, the Leaf players don't fall into either one of those categories. Just once I'd like to see one of our guys lick somebody and not figuratively but literally.

If you look at this core, most of the players do care.

Matthews definitely cared. If Samsonov could stop choking and allowing muffins on the shot after a goal he's praised for that pass on the GWG.

Nylander definitely cared.

Tavares cares - he's just on the decline. Made a solid play to win Game 5.

Rielly cares

Marner? I'm not sure he cares. He might care - but he puts himself before the team. He's terrified of physical contact. Swayman gave him the puck and instead of stopping and trying to beat Swayman to the open net, he went around the net into a position where he won't get physical contact before trying to pass the puck gently into Swayman's arms.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Is anyone else upset that Boston gets to move on as the frauds they are? Those guys don't deserve anything but somehow advance??? Makes me more upset than the Leafs losing.

I'm not a superstitious person at all, but it's like the hockey gods just wanted that damn team to advance. Think of all the injuries.

I don't think they're that good or were in the series. It'll be fun watching FLA spank them.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

Matthews definitely cared. If Samsonov could stop choking and allowing muffins on the shot after a goal he's praised for that pass on the GWG.

Rielly cares

Marner? I'm not sure he cares. He might care - but he puts himself before the team. He's terrified of physical contact. Swayman gave him the puck and instead of stopping and trying to beat Swayman to the open net, he went around the net into a position where he won't get physical contact before trying to pass the puck gently into Swayman's arms.

Marner definitely cares. Does he care like he needs to win like he needs oxygen? Is he the ultimate competitor? Probably not. His game deteriorates when checking gets tighter. We'll see what happens this offseason.

Reactions: Bomber0104

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Rielly cares

wtf did I just watch. I must of been in the bathroom when this happened live because why the hell would he not stop and try and tuck that short side.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Marner definitely cares. Does he care like he needs to win like he needs oxygen? Is he the ultimate competitor? Probably not. His game deteriorates when checking gets tighter. We'll see what happens this offseason.

Marner doesn't come across as he cares. You ask him a question about his play and he starts blaming the media and how 'you guys' always do this and we don't listen to the media.

wtf did I just watch. I must of been in the bathroom when this happened live because why the hell would he not stop and try and tuck that short side.

The panel was saying he may have been scared of getting hit. He was basically gifted a goal and turned it down.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'm not a superstitious person at all, but it's like the hockey gods just wanted that damn team to advance. Think of all the injuries.

i don't think they're that good or were in the series. It'll be fun watching FLA spank them.
Leafs were the better team and would have given Florida a better fight but alas, we get this garbage. Boston lucky if they sniff bobs jock after 4 when they are elominated because they suck ass.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Marner doesn't come across as he cares. You ask him a question about his play and he starts blaming the media and how 'you guys' always do this and we don't listen to the media.

The panel was saying he may have been scared of getting hit. He was basically gifted a goal and turned it down.
No one even close to hit him though really. He skated into traffic with a higher chance to get hit lol.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

he was even bitching about the fans/media before the game saying something about matthews dealing with being asked 100 times about his status and how hard that must be. tired of watching mitch whiner on the ice

Reactions: hockeyes

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Leafs were the better team and would have given Florida a better fight but alas, we get this garbage. Boston lucky if they sniff bobs jock after 4 when they are elominated because they suck ass.

Crazy the luck Boston gets.

Nylander out for 3 games. Matthews has the best game of his career Game 2, immediately gets ill and then injured. Woll plays well, injured.

We basically had to rely on Marner, Tavares and Samsonov to win the series, a recipe for disaster.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Karma butt kick for Toronto fan’s arrogance toward the ( former) Arizona Coyotes.
Try being nicer.
f*** off this ain’t about your feelings <3. touch grass if this is how you view the world. the ramblings of fans who watch rubber disc whack has far less relevance to reality than you give it

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Marner has to go. It's that simple. You want 11 million dollars? You can't constantly be so ineffective in a playoff series past game 3.

Ideally the team strips Tavares of his captaincy and tells him its Matthews' team now. A good captain inspires a team with 4 forwards this talented to more than 1 f***ing playoff series win in 8 years. The series they won was only because Vasilevskiy had one of if not the worst performances in his playoff career.

Obviously Keefe and Boucher are gone too. Keefe has had more than enough chances to figure it out and has failed. Boucher somehow took a team with 3 guys playing near or above 100 point paces and managed to make a powerplay that scored at less than 5% efficiency in the PLAYOFFS.

Find Rielly a partner who can move the puck and knows what the word defence means. He's too old and experienced to be this poor anywhere outside of the offensive zone.

Reactions: ruaware41

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

I have no clue why he didn't go to the backhand.

Of all the things you can say about him, you can't truthfully say he has bad hockey IQ. I don't know what the hell he was thinking.

If he scores, maybe they win. They couldn't hold the lead they actually had, but obviously things wouldn't have played out exactly the same way. At the very least he could have said he scored a game seven goal.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Not defending the top guys but they all do care.
The thing is they don’t hate losing enough to do something about it.
some of the guys get it esp after Game 5 and 6, where they actually used words like we just need to keep grinding as thing is tight, no space… they never said stuff like that.
I don’t blame them for saying we are close and right there after Game 7 bc they are right about that in Game 7.
Also I get a sense that they know changes are coming. The top guys do sounded a bit different from last year after they choked big time against the Cats.
Like some of you had said, if the core 5 are all
Back, unless they are join by McD, Makar and Vas, I just don’t see how that is different from this team.

Overall, I like what Tre is doing and they got the supporting pieces going forward.
Knies, Holmberg, Robbie, Dewar, Kampf(playoffs warrior), Reavo( should had use him instead of Gregor), Benoit, McCabe, and Woll are all good.
I expect 2 and maybe all four of Domi, Bert, Ed and Boosh to be back.
Just need to bet on the right horses and I truly think waiting for one more year of JT’s contract to run out is insane. Need to convince him to waive.

Don’t really know what to do with AM, MM and Reilly.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Rielly cares

All Marner had to do was stop and tuck it in back-hand, but it looks like he didn't want to get hit and skated himself out of the prime opportunity to score.

Reactions: Al14

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Is anyone else upset that Boston gets to move on as the frauds they are? Those guys don't deserve anything but somehow advance??? Makes me more upset than the Leafs losing.
Both us and Boston were terrible in this series. We simply can't score to save our lives when the intensity picks up and Boston got carried by Swayman and their special teams in this series. They are actually so bad at 5 on 5.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I have no clue why he didn't go to the backhand.

Of all the things you can say about him, you can't truthfully say he has bad hockey IQ. I don't know what the hell he was thinking.

If he scores, maybe they win. They couldn't hold the lead they actually had, but obviously things wouldn't have played out exactly the same way. At the very least he could have said he scored a game seven goal.
I don’t blame him there as he was more surprised than anyone to get the puck

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
i'll never blame Nylander at least he took hits to make plays and scored big goals, while coming back from something that he said was making him lose his vision. Willy played 4 games and had more impact on the whole series than Marner; what a joke
this is true but at the same time nylander started the whole everyone gets overpaid trend and was the first one to punk dubas setting and starting a new nhl trend where teams hold no leverage over rfas anymore. yes in hindsight his contract wasn’t bad but at the time based on his comparables who out performed him like pasternak it was around a mil too much. this set the precedent for the rest of them that dubas is a bitch and they can get their way. michael nylander was the original paul marner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad