Pre-Game Talk: leafs @ RANGERS Friday 1/13 7:00pm EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
:laugh:

He's likely just saying that. That would be very dumb starting him against the Rangers.

Not that dumb, since I believe he feels that the Ottawa game, a division game, and team they're fighting for a playoff spot against, might be the more important game and would want his #1 playing in that one.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not that dumb, since I believe he feels that the Ottawa game, a division game, and team they're fighting for a playoff spot against, might be the more important game and would want his #1 playing in that one.
That's true I didn't consider that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Coach should absolutely play his starter in that divisional game and new guy you know he's dying to prove himself you want to play him quickly.

Tell you what though that kid is going to be chomping to get a W against us all things considered.

I expect him to play well

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Nash and Vesey played very well together early on. I wouldn't mind seeing them back together.

Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Miller - Hayes - Buchnevich
Vesey - Zibanejad - Nash
Grabner - Lindberg - Fast

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Fresh garrison in the trenches soon.

I'd say the team did a pretty good job to hold it down without them. This injection is going to be awesome. Free trades.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Cannot wait to see some more 'efficient touch' action from Buchnevich.
I was just getting into really enjoying all those deft little things he did so easily, when blammo he was out of the show.
He is so incredibly welcomed back. Have to be patient. He won't be firing on all cylinders right away. That's OK.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lineup for tomorrow. Pirri comes out of the lineup for Zibanejad when he's healthy. Lindberg comes out of the lineup for Fast when he's not sick anymore.

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Pirri-Buch
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Hrivik-Lindberg

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Lineup for tomorrow. Pirri comes out of the lineup for Zibanejad when he's healthy. Lindberg comes out of the lineup for Fast when he's not sick anymore.

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Pirri-Buch
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Hrivik-Lindberg

I would guess Lindberg plays over Hrivik, no?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
My lines for tomorrow:

Kreids - Steps - Zuuc
Grabs - Hayes - J.T.
Vesey - Lindberg - Nash
Pirri - Hrivik - Buch

I put it together this way because the first two lines have shown proven chemistry this season and AV mentioned how happy he was with both lines in today's presser.

Vesey benefits from Nash, and Nash is a one-man wrecking crew...so they can easily play together. Throw Lindberg in the middle as Mika isn't back...and Lindberg is a more intelligent/responsible player than Pirri. I think a line of Vesy-Lindberg-Nash could be interesting...though I realize long term that we don't want a guy like Nash having to be Centered by a 3rd/4th liner like Lindberg. This would just be for a game or two. Unfortunately, this leaves me having to put Buch on 4th line RW...but he's just coming back and limited minutes is definitely the way to get him back in the groove. And it's unlikely Fast will play tomorrow (Fast has lost 8 pounds in the last few days due to his illness). Put Hrivik in the middle, as he's more defensively responsible than Pirri.

I think this would be a good way to go for tomorrow. All 4 lines would be a threat.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Brooks has the practice lines in an article this morning.

The Chris Kreider-Derek-Stepan-Zuccarello unit will remain intact, as will the Michael Grabner-Kevin Hayes-J.T. Miller trio. Oscar Lindberg skated between Buchnevich and Nash at practice while Marek Hrivik centered Jimmy Vesey and Brandon Pirri.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Brooks has the practice lines in an article this morning.

The Chris Kreider-Derek-Stepan-Zuccarello unit will remain intact, as will the Michael Grabner-Kevin Hayes-J.T. Miller trio. Oscar Lindberg skated between Buchnevich and Nash at practice while Marek Hrivik centered Jimmy Vesey and Brandon Pirri.

My first 2 lines were dead on...and I was close on the last 2 lines. I'm really happy with the lines AV is going with.

Feels good to be able to roll 4 dangerous lines again. This feels sooooo good. Love that our line-up is getting healthy. We are a force again. Watch out NHL! RIP Leafs. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad